Deflating the Bouncy Castle

always the pout these days. since i lost weight my eyes get really wrinkly if i smile.

You look absolutely fab hun, love your style!!!!!

Looking fab-u-lous!

You deserve to look like that!!! you have worked so hard :) congratulations :D you look stunning. x

looking haat haat haat (american for hot lol)

Are you mocking an American accent? If so, which one? lol And a "real" American -- at least one of a younger vintage would say that she was "rocking that dress" not looking hot.

Oh, and Spangles, take it from an American -- You are so rockin' that dress, and beasting your friend on the weightloss! ;)

Happy Groundhog Day!

groundhog-digging-hole-animated-gif.gif

thanks mel.

a few months ago i bought the most perfect kitten heel knee boots from the duo outlet site. elegant, massively comfy, went with everything... they even managed the rare feet of making my rare feet look bigger and less freakishly stunted. they have been getting too wide though - and looking like wellies - so i have been emailing proper cobblers to see how much it would cost to have them taken in. I could do it for £65 and although that's as much as i paid, i thought it was worth it for such perfect boots.

yesterday i thought i had a bit of grit underfoot, but when i investigated, there was sharp metal protruding into the boot. part of the sandwich of layers that make up the sole is a thin sheet of metal, and this had split, and the sharp raw edges had curled up a little. after trying to make it lie flat i had to conceed defeat. my perfect boots are in the bin.

i found some similar on another site - made to measure, and £200. couldn't do it. then on the simply be / viva la diva / jd williams (etc) catalogue website i saw some almost identical ones! £29 in the sale, but leather! and then i came to order and the only had them in brown and the smallest size was a 5.:(

so back i went to duo. they had some that were close, but a much higher heel. 2.5 inches (£60). on tiny feet that's propper totter-time. the other were about 1.75ins. But they were elegant. there was also a pair of flattish (1.25inch) riding-style boots for £30.

Sooooooooooooooooooo... I bought both. OBVIOUSLY!

I can't wear high heels every day (I discovered this with the brown boots i bought the other day - fine for a quiet day, but i wouldn't have been able to go shopping after) but i can maybe train myself to wear them on them more often. And then the flat riding boots for days in between.

I didn't want to spend £110 (inc express delivery) on more new boots but i had NO CHOICE. Which my amused husband didn't quite get. I don't have to justify what i spend money on. I earn nearly twice as much as him and it's mine to spend on whatever I choose. But he finds it funny. He said, while sitting on the sofa, my new brown high heeled boots to his left, my casual, lace-up brown boots to his right, and over a hundred pairs of other shoes elsewhere in the flat... "in what way did you NEED them?"
"I don't have anything else"
"Wha..?" (gestures to boots around him)
"Those are brown! I don't have any black boots"
"You must have some black shoes in amongst all..."
"Boots. BOOTS!"
"Oh... well... I can see why you NEEEEEEED them" (sarcastic)
"But it's cold. And I don't have any trousers. I ABSOLUTELY don't have any of those. You can check. I've given them all away. Except my jeans. And I can't wear those to work."
Then later as we were getting into bed, I said "I really mustn't spend any more money. I wasn't planning on spending £100 on boots today"
"Then why did you?"
"I HAD to. I had to throw the other ones in the bin."
"And it would be a TERRIBLE thing to just wear your brown ones."

Thus proving he knows nothing. You can't wear brown boots with just anything. You know that, I know that... I suspect deep down he must know that: he's a very intelligent man, something so obvious can't be unfathomable to him. Sometimes I think he doesn't *want* to understand. :D

versailles.jpg
images

You look absolutely fantastic and I would LOVE to see more pics (in a completely non-gay way) xxx

heh - Thanks.

I should say, much as my showbiz mate is a bit stand-offish sometimes, and much as i have been very fixed on beating his weightloss... he is a total sweetheart, and messaging me yesterday evening after getting the pics he said he was so happy for my he was getting tearful.

Did you ever see the episode of Friends in which Monica buys her "perfect boots"? It is such a hoot.

Love the boots. I have a similar pair, but I bet my calves are too fat for them atm.

Nothing wrong with having fat calves. I have slim calves and legs which you might think is good. It's not. It means all 17st of me is centred around my middle. I look like Violet Beauregard after she ate the chewing gum she wasn't supposed to eat.

Here;s to fat calves!! Or is it calfs?

Ahh - I'm used to my stumpy little chunky legs. Thighs like tree trunks and calves like footballs. In a way, it's the price i pay for my small waist.

They are lovely! At your suggestion I am thinking boots to compensate for miserable loss yesterday. I've seen a pair on the Bruno Premi website called Oleandro and in the sale. And I TOTALLY get the boot/shoe thing. I don't have brown boots so I'm thinking of the ones called Oleandro as they are flat and chunky for everyday wear for Autumn winter. Can't do the techy stuff to put up picture though I may try that one day!

these?

images

YES!!! Ok I am going to learn how to do that! Surely it is a copy and paste thing? I don't have brown boots but then I don't wear much brown so I am sort of undecided. I tried them on but in suede in the shop but I think I prefer the leather rather than the suede. My suede shoes always look really worn so I get put off by suede.

Very practical for the school run especially in cold weather! Ok I am trying to justify purchase now!

When I first brought my fella into my *dressing room he said "who lives here a millipede!"

* dressing room was the spare room in my old house which I used to store all my clothes and shoes, I dream of a bespoke dressing room with a lit mirror and glamorous feather edged robes.

ahh - just get them.;)

ok - photo-posting tutorial.

find a picture on the internet that you like. right click on it.
if using internet explorer, choose properties, then C&P the url of the photo that will be in the middle of the dialogue box that pops up. if using opera/firefox/chrome etc, when you right click on the picture there will be an option to 'copy image url' or 'copy image address' or similar.
come back to minimins. above the reply box there is a row of symbols. one of them is a yellow box with two mountains and a sun in the sky - click on that, and paste your image url in the dialogue box that will open.
check that you haven't got the http bit in there twice - for some reason vbulletin puts it in for you already.

et voila - your photo.

Back