Deflating the Bouncy Castle

the Urban Heat Island phenomenon has kept us snow free here in London so far. If we are to have snoow, it needs to be mon-friday and close the schools, rather than at the weekend where it's no bloody use to anyone.

today the postman delivered a birthday gift from my in-laws. a £50 wahanda voucher (redeemable for beauty treatments). So lovely... and i feel guilty that i'm still surprised by that - after all why shouldn't the best bloke in the world have delightful parents? She just rubs me up the wrong way sometimes. I'm a bit of a brat, truth be told.

Anyway, I think I shall book a fabulous facial at a nearby salon during half term. Think - because wahanda as a website is a bit half-cocked. it's like a cross between groupon, qype and a bunch of other stuff - none of it very well executed. so half the clinics/salons don't have prices up, it isn't in any way straightforward to use a voucher, and the prices are different on the wahanda listing than they are on the company's own website. Still - the facial will be delightful. I need it. I have about 800% more little wrinkles around my eyes than i did last year. no subcutaneous fat, you see? I mean, i have to be philosophical: i'm only two years off forty and having a bunch of what i believe are called 'fine lines' is pretty much where i should be. doesn't mean i like it though. hmpf.

Having wrinkles is par for the course, no matter how distainful it may be. I was considering baby botox for a while, until someone I know got it and now has to over-use cosmetics and looks like a clown, plus after it wears off you muscles definately slacken. So now I am using vitamin E oil, warmed and massaged into the offending locations in the evening. Works a treat! I also find I am wearing my sunnies much more, so not to squint while driving...looks a bit odd I must say to be driving wearing some hot white vintage ray-ban's in the winter, but who cares!

I've always quite fancied botox when my face starts to get a bit crinkly. Never thought about it weakening the muscles tho. Might need to google that one.

Last week, after advising Lara to start planning her food in a diary, I bought myself a lovely big red leather organiser (it takes A5 refills, so is a bit bigger than that)
A5Side.jpg

and a dodo planner diary insert for it.

March+2011+180.jpg

so with the help of my CWP handbook, and my 'meals in minutes' book, I have planned out my menus and my shopping list for 810 week. Unlike last time, I'm going much more gourmet this time round (though there are still three mushroom omlettes). I'm having a spinach tortilla (that's another omlette, isn't it?), a prawn stirfry with a tiny quantity of rice noodles (the book says i can have them!), asparagus nicoise (essentially asparagus and egg), chicken done with chinese five spice... ohhhh all kinds of weirdy, not-quite-meals.

The reason why i kept it unadventurous last time, was that i didn't want to open the floodgates and get a taste for food when i'd so many more months of SS ahead of me. But now, all I have ahead of me is more and more food. And if i'm going to have a functional, respectful, loving relationship with food in future, we need to start off on the right (non-abusive) footing. But man, it's scary. It's been such a relief to be eating disorder free for the last six months... i'm truly scared of all that coming back. Of losing control.

So - the planner. about a week in advance i intend to write down my menus for the day, and as i'm doing so, make a shopping list for delivery on the opposite page. I've been fine in sainsburys the last few months because i just bypassed all the food. But now it could get hairy, so - let the ocado man cometh.

eek!

Well done for getting organise, I have loved my SS+ also having basa as its much lower in fat then other white fish. I managed to get a garlic and herb grinder for it tastes fab with that and lemon (steamed).
Asparagus and dippy egg or poached is lovely, most of my food is flavoured with garlic, lemon, fresh herbs, paprika or balsamic.
Lunch tomorrow is baked sea bass on offer in Morrisons I only called in for some Nivea face cream.

Have a fab weekend we have been snowing none stop since lunch time :-(

The one and only reason I pay for a delivery pass.... Yet I have been lured into sainsburys on many occasion and end up in lust after gu deserts.

Anyway... The diary sounds fab, I can't live without my electronic day planner these days, all thanks to BlackBerry, what's worse.... It syncs with my outlook, so on a number of times recently I've had comments emailed to me on my dinner planning and water intake. Needless to say I make it all private now!

Really lovely planning -- this skill will serve you well in maintaining your losses long-term (and getting the baby weight off -- I hope one day soon).

:4633:

bettiesrevenge said:
The one and only reason I pay for a delivery pass.... Yet I have been lured into sainsburys on many occasion and end up in lust after gu deserts.

Anyway... The diary sounds fab, I can't live without my electronic day planner these days, all thanks to BlackBerry, what's worse.... It syncs with my outlook, so on a number of times recently I've had comments emailed to me on my dinner planning and water intake. Needless to say I make it all private now!

Is that the blackberry tablet??? Is it any good?

No it's just in the bold, it syncs up with outlook for work, that's how I ( well my administrator and others mostly) manage my day these days, bye bye old diaries, I loved you so much!

Spangles just want to say re: the eye bags/lines etc. have you heard or tried "Eyesentials" from Ideal World .... brilliant stuff, quite expensive but worth every penny. You put a tiny amound over the skin which you want 'un-lined/un-puffed' and as it drys it tightens the skin. My eye-bags are a thing of the past!

Thought I'd share it with you and if anyone else uses it, wonder what they think of the product? xx

it isn't really an eye bags thing. It's just in a cetain light you can see all these crosshatched creases. still fine from a distance... i just never had them before.

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, just around the eye area under your foundation. Can't beat it :) (i'm a makeup artist- I use it on everyone).

Not heard of that one, does it do the same type of thing? And Spangles, I guess the fine lines are because the 'filling' has gone from our faces but hey ho, a lower BMI far out weighs it doesn't it. x

sure does. :D

Alderney said:
Not heard of that one, does it do the same type of thing? And Spangles, I guess the fine lines are because the 'filling' has gone from our faces but hey ho, a lower BMI far out weighs it doesn't it. x

It's a quick fix rather than a long term solution- it was stop working as soon as you wash it off, but there are immediate, noticeable affects.

Hey Jez - there seem to be various products of similar names. am i looking for a white tube that looks like this?

P88003_hero.jpg

or there seems to be a pump dispenser, or a pen... and then some are clear and some are tinted...:confused:

Yes Spangles, I reccomend the colourless "original" Photofinish Foundation Primer. They released a variety of limited editions as well as expanding the range to tinted etc. I don't use them so I couldn't offer an opinion on them, but if you passed a stockist (debenhams) i'm sure they could supply you with some samples.

Another good place for sample sizes is Ebay! Hope you like x

cool - also, while i have you here to pick your brains, and if you don't mind... highlighter for my cheekbones - for applying after foundation (lancome teint miracle) and blusher (MAC, powder). Cream or powder and any recommendations?

My fave is a Laura Geller powder one but I can't remember the name of it- let me check my kit (in my office!) tomorrow and I will get back to you. Just out of interest, how would you best describe your skin type? I'm pretty oily, so there may be something better for you :D

Back