Deflating the Bouncy Castle

well - today i am driving up to north oxfordshire to my eldest sister's gaff. her oldest boy was 18 on thursday, and her middle kid is 16 tomorrow, so we're having a family sunday lunch. (woop-de-doo) then on sunday evening i'll be driving back.

then on monday afternoon i have my facial; on tuesday i weigh in :)(); wednesday i'm going to have my new phone delivered; thursday i'm going to see a very lovely friend and her baby, for whom i am the godless mother, up in the wilds of hertfordshire; friday i'm coming back; and saturday we're going with our floristry tutor to new covent garden flower market. And even though also i need to also do about 80 hours work during my week off, i won't actually *be* at work. which is good.

Now that IS odd, isnt it?

Why are those scales going up, it cant be glycogen. Are you doing all tetra's? I dont think you are, but sometimes those ******* make you all bunged up and soak up water like a sponge.

By the way, I am the kind of idiot that takes 2 months mat leave early, you know, to nest...then has to rush back to work with a 5 month old in tow still breastfeeding. Though I did find, for the first few months, people are quite kind and help you out with babysitting and such, so I had more time on my hands then, than I ever do now!

Enjoy your weekend, and try not to think about what anyone else is or is not doing. You are a hands down pro at this VCLD lark. Dont let other people's misdemeanors peeve you off. It is, what it is... as unhelpful as that may be, you know that this is the hardest point. Just got to keep chipping away.

nope 1 tetra, 1 soup, 1 bar, 1 plate of prawns and cucumber, same as every day for the last 2.5 weeks.

(although it's funny - the tetras give me a slight case of the runs, quite often - all the liquid products do, and the bars never do it).

is it worth taking something for being bunged up, even though you don't feel you are?

i seem to remember you having an issue with stealth blockages before.

i think i will - but not in the next few days when i'm going to be spending so much time driving!

yep, probably not best timing!

Hi Spangle, just popping in to say thank you thank you thank you for posting your diary.

Another veteran of every diet that exists (except VLCD), I've been lurking on the S&S forum (got a sample day tomorrow, starting properly next Wed or Thursday) and saw your post there - so went to page one of your diary and for the last couple of hours I have been laughing my head off, groaning at your bad days, shaking my head in wonder (and envy) at your focus and determination and beaming happily at your weight loss.

"Inspiring" just doesn't cover it :D

I've started my own diary thread on the S&S section so hope to see you there :)

Susie (another south of the river person)

Also getting really sick of reading of people falling off the wagon all over the place and still getting losses. every bloody lost pound seems to have required so much more luck and dread than other people, and the necessity of all the planets being in auspcious alignment, and a good following wind.

why do i have to have the body that responds so unhelpfully?

i'm tempted - like everyone else... so why is it that i suffer the tears and depression of not giving in, and then my body doesn't reward me as well as the bodies of the cheaters?

fed up.

You have come so far Spangles and done so well, this IS a blip and it will go the other way if you keep with it - you know that really.

And the "cheaters" me included, are far likely to be at the very beginning (therefore getting the losses) AND more likely to never get as far along as you. I wish I had your strength and resolve.

Looks like you've got a lovely busy week ahead! Dont start thinking about WI now - still three days to go <<<HUGS>>>

Thanks guys. Keeping it together mostly, for now. It's just bloody unfair. But then life is - and on the grand scale of injustice, it barely registers alongside kids with cancer or homophobic abuse or racism or... Y'know?

Ladyfelsham - always happy to meet another south London gal. And good luck with your start. I'm sure you will be ace.

Just a thought - but have you tried changing the batteries in your scales...? :)

Sadly I have two sets of scales (manual and digital) and they agree.

Damn. Urrgh, I'm sorry - that sucks (tell you something you don't know, huh?)...

Stupid bodies, stupid scales :hug99:

Here's hoping you haven't developed some weird intolerance to prawns!

Hey. Lily! Weird as it sounds, you may have hit on something there.

You know what. I have just been reading the blood type diet and yes some people have got an intollerance to prawns! It's just not right for their blood type Prawns, crayfish and smoked salmon (which I ate today - yikes) muscles and a few other crustacean types are on the naughty list for some blood types. Typical reactions ARE puffiness, bloating and feeling like a bowl of mucus - all bunged up and such...

Unfortunatly I dont actually remember my own blood type, but for info there is an app for it!

Maybe that's the secret?

I wonder what would happen if you switch the prawns to some fresh tuna or something else?

Love all the science stuff, sadly it is beyond my mushy craft loving brain. Whatever it is thats making them go up is yack though thats for sure!

Friday sounds like a lovely day, as do the rest but I hope you manage to get some R & R in between your visiting and driving xx

Hmm. Maybe it's the cold weather and your body is puffing up for warmth? I am going up far faster than I expected for the small amount I am eating.

I hope your whoosh comes by soon xx

Just caught up in your diary, Spangles.

Hang in there -- sometimes your body retains water to compensate for the fat lost. So, keep drinking your water (change the prawns for a chicken breast -- can't hurt) and give it a little more time. The SCALES will shift -- it is impossible for them not to do so. Also, maybe added in a little fitness to bump up the metabolism.

I've looked at the Blood Type thing before, Nat - it is kind of interesting. Looks like folks with blood type B or AB are supposed to avoid seafood (so this is where Spangles tells us she's a type O :D)

Maybe not the best source of information ('How Celebs Diet', LOL :D) but this seems to give an outline of the shoulds and should nots for each blood type: The Blood Type Diet | How Celebs Diet

Last edited:
Hmm. I think my problem with the blood type diet is the lack of clinical studies (correct me if ive missed them) . It's the kind of thing that would be really easy and quite cheap to do a randomised, double blind study on.

The other thing is that I don't know my blood group.

Sorry for butting in, but a friend of mine got told to do the blood group diet by her doctor for her bad skin, she is in her 40s, I think she has been on it a year now and has lost a huge amount of weight due to her group not allowing her lots of carbs and high protien, but most of all her skin has cleared a lot! So not saying the diet is a miracle, but must it must work for some!!!

Back