DELETE PLEASE

Ah I figured out what all the squatting was about now - did a search and found the other thread about a 30 day squat challenge, my you ladies like a challenge don't you :)

Walked to Zumba tonight - 30 mins, then did 1 hour Zumba but got a lift home as I was feeling lazy (tut, tut).

Thought I'd have a go at the squats so just did 50 here in the kitchen in my pyjamas and dressing gown - got pretty warm after 25 and had broken into a sweat in the 40s! Perhaps tomorrow I'll have a go with a few less layers on :)

I like it though - gets your heart pumping and does give a great burn on the thighs.

Walked to town (30 mins) and back (30 mins) with a very heavy rucksack of shopping and laundry and then did my 55 squats this evening.

Still loving the burn from those squats :)

Re: Body Magic

40 minute walk with the dog and 140 squats. Did 30 minute walk yesterday and 135 squats. I received my 30 Day Shred in the post today...I might have a look at it tomorrow....

Did my 60 squats for today but not a lot else :) Rest day tomorrow for the squats so might nip out for a run maybe.

Might start the 30 day shred next week maybe :D

Rest day today for the squats so thought I'd take a look at the 30 day shred video on youtube, not a bad workout - had to use 1.5kg weights as I don't have 2kg weights but that wasn't such a bad thing in the end ;) Might give it another go tomorrow :)

40 minute walk earlier and just did my squats, forgetting it was a rest day! I'll have the rest tomorrow. Up to 145 now.

3.5 hours of leaflet delivery with my C today - even jogged around for some of it (feeling so fit now!)

Not sure I'll manage to properly continue with the 30 day shred today - hopefully I'll be up to doing my 70 squats at some point before bed though :)

75 squats done yesterday and today I've done 30DS L1 plus 80 squats - loving these two challenges, tight, sore muscles always make me feel thinner :D

75 squats done yesterday and today I've done 30DS L1 plus 80 squats - loving these two challenges, tight, sore muscles always make me feel thinner :D

Holy Mary Mother of God! I just did my first 30 day shred. It's tough!!

Holy Mary Mother of God! I just did my first 30 day shred. It's tough!!

It will get easier ;) Does it say with the DVD whether we're supposed to do it every day for 30 days or whether to take breaks? I'm being cheap and using the free one on youtube so I don't know whether the DVD comes with any guidance

I'm not sure...there are 3 levels. I think you are suppose to do it every day but I assumed you did stage one for the first week, stage two for the second week and stage three for the third week. I'll check it tomorrow to see if she says anything on the extras. I'm off to bed now zzzz

165 squats and 1 hour funfitt.

Hey Emmy, the 30 day shred lady says you progress in your own time...I'm going to try level 2 after a week :) It definately gets you sweating!

Hey Emmy, the 30 day shred lady says you progress in your own time...I'm going to try level 2 after a week :) It definately gets you sweating!

oh I see, I had the impression I needed to do L1 for 10 days then L2 for 10 days then L3 for 10 days to get to the 30 days but wasn't sure as I don't have the DVD just the youtube version and she doesn't say on there how long you should do each level for.

hmm well I think I'll keep going and see how it goes but I'm dubious about doing it every day as I'm thinking my muscles would need time to rest.

Might be worth upping the level after a week though like you said - fits in better with my weighing in - however that means only 21 days potentially instead of 30 :eek:

L1 Day 3 completed today though and it's rest day for the squats

Do you know what I think doing them for ten days would be better...maybe Monday-Friday and then 2 day rest at the weekend. You're right, the body needs to rest, to recover. I have a one hour fitness class on Monday and Wednesday so I won't be doing the shred those days. It might take me three weeks to build up 10 days at level one lol!

Do you know what I think doing them for ten days would be better...maybe Monday-Friday and then 2 day rest at the weekend. You're right, the body needs to rest, to recover. I have a one hour fitness class on Monday and Wednesday so I won't be doing the shred those days. It might take me three weeks to build up 10 days at level one lol!

I read on another forum that Jillian recommended 2 days of 30DS then 1 day cardio then 2 days 30 DS then 1 day cardio with a rest day at the end of the week. Apparently she said the 30 day business was dreamt up by the marketing people to sell better.

I'm thinking your idea of 5 days of 30DS per week with 2 rest days could be a good idea - I like that it would mean 2 weeks at each level, suits my OCD better :) I think I would take the rest days separately though rather than together so maybe 2 days 30DS, 1 rest day and 3 days 30DS then 1 rest day or something like that.

Want to get in some running too at some point so not doing it for 10 days straight would be better.

Great to be able to bounce ideas off you - thanks :)

Back