Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

CHICKEN BURGERS - Serves 2

5 Syns per serving (but worth it), if using rolls as HEX's.

2 HEX size burger rolls
Either 1 skinless chicken breast or chicken mince
2 level tbsp. red pesto - 5 Syns

For the sauce.

2 tbsp. FF Greek yoghurt - I use 0% Total
2 level tbsp. red pesto - 5 Syns

Cut the chicken into four pieces and place in a food processor, along with 2 tbsp. of pesto. Blend until it looks like mince.
Shape into burger shapes, spray a frying pan with Frylight and cook over a medium heat for about 12 minutes, turning frequently.
For the sauce - mix the yoghurt and the remaining 2 tbsp. of pesto together.

Assemble the burgers by spreading half the pesto sauce on the base of the rolls, topping with salad leaves and thinly sliced tomato, then the burger, remaining sauce and the bread roll top! Enjoy!

I sometimes add some grilled bacon to this and, of course, you could use green pesto, if you prefer but don't forget to add an extra 2 Syns to the whole recipe.

These sound delish.I might try them with turkey mince,as I have some in the freezer & I want to use it up.

Hi Kathy

Do you have any advice for using stevia instead of sweetener? I know it's sweeter but I don't know how much to adjust it by?

Hi Pippa. Have just looked at the on-line Syns and it says Stevia sweetener is Free too so it'll be fine. Good luck! :)

Kathy x

Sorry, Pippa! Just read your question properly. Have read up on it and it says, in baking, to use exactly the same amounts as you would, sugar. So one cup of sugar = one cup of Stevia. The only thing it recommends is to beat it more thoroughly and it says it won't caramelise quite so well. Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
CRUSTLESS LEMON MERINGUE PIE - Serves 6

Syn Free

250g 0% Total Greek yoghurt
12 eggs
600g granulated sweetener
5 lemons

Pre-heat the oven to 170C/Gas 3.
Whisk 9 of the eggs, 400g of the sweetener and zest from 2 of the lemons, into a large bowl, until smooth.
Stir in juice from 5 of the lemons, then add the yoghurt. Whisk until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Pour the mixture into a flan case.
In a thoroughly clean bowl, whisk the whites from 3 large eggs.
When beginning to form soft peaks, gradually whisk in the remaining 200g of granulated sweetener, until stiff peaks are formed.
Pile this mixture gently around the edges of the lemon mixture, gently spooning (with the back of a tbsp.) it evenly towards the middle.
Bake for 30 minutes or slightly more in the centre of the oven. Leave to cool and set for about one hour.

Wow Kathy that lemon meringue sounds delicious. I have put this on my things to make.

Yes, it tastes pretty good too! :D Haven't made it for ages so will give it a go again soon.

Hope you're ok, Doreen and thanks again for keeping the index up-dated. I really appreciate it and, I'm sure, other members do too.

Hopefully, the Spring weather will stay with us a while now. I always think it makes slimming easier! :)

All the best, Doreen.

Kathy x

Just remembered what I used to do with this, if I had a HEX B left! I'd wait until it was set, then heat a couple of Alpen Light bars in the microwave, like you do for the SW cheesecake, then squash them down into a dish, let it cool down, then top it with the lemon meringue. Crustless no more!! :D x

Last edited:
PASSION FRUIT AND MANGO SOUFFLE OMELETTE - Serves 2

Syns are dependent on weight of the fruit but still low!

2 passion fruit, halved
1 ripe mango, peeled and stoned
4 large eggs, separated
1 tbsp. sweetener

Scoop the seeds out of the passion fruits with a spoon and put into a food processor.
Add the flesh of the mango and thoroughly blend.
Strain into a bowl, through a sieve, to remove the passion fruit seeds.
Beat the egg yolks and sweetener together, adding 3 tbsp. of the fruit puree.
In a separate, clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
Stir a spoonful of the egg whites into the yolk mixture, then gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
Spray a non-stick small frying pan with Frylight, preferably butter flavoured. When it is hot, pour in half the egg mixture.
Cook over a low heat until the base is golden. Place under a pre-heated hot grill for about a minute, until the top is golden and set.
Fold in half and put onto a warm plate and top with some of the pureed fruit.
Repeat with a second omelette.

CHICKEN FRIED RICE - Serves 6

Syn Free

375g white rice
2 skinless chicken breasts, diced
2 eggs, beaten
75g sliced mushrooms
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp. soy sauce
Handful of frozen peas

Cook the rice according to pack instructions.
Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with Frylight and fry the chicken until thoroughly cooked through. Set aside.
Add the rice and peas to the chicken pan and stir constantly over a low-medium heat, until the rice begins to brown.
In a separate pan, scramble the eggs, then add to the rice. Season with a little salt and some black pepper.
Stir in the chicken, mushrooms (can cook these, if preferred), spring onions and soy sauce. Stir together thoroughly and serve immediately on warmed plates.

Last edited:
LAMB SHOULDER IN THE SLOW COOKER - Serves 4

0.5 Syns per serving, if using red wine

1kg lean lamb shoulder joint, with or without bone
200ml lamb stock or 150ml lamb stock and 50ml red wine - 2 Syns
1 pinch of dried, mixed herbs
12 shallots, peeled and halved
1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
Paprika

Put the shallots and green pepper in the base of the slow cooker.
Season the lamb with salt, pepper and a shaking of paprika. Place on top of the veg.
Pour the liquid into the slow cooker and cook on High for one hour, then turn to Low for 7 hours.
If the liquid needs thickening, while the joint is resting on a covered, warm plate, either pour the liquid into a small pan and boil rapidly until the desired consistency is reached or add a little Synned cornflour to it, stirring constantly until thickened sufficiently.

Yes, it tastes pretty good too! :D Haven't made it for ages so will give it a go again soon.

Hope you're ok, Doreen and thanks again for keeping the index up-dated. I really appreciate it and, I'm sure, other members do too.

Hopefully, the Spring weather will stay with us a while now. I always think it makes slimming easier! :)

All the best, Doreen.

Kathy x

Just remembered what I used to do with this, if I had a HEX B left! I'd wait until it was set, then heat a couple of Alpen Light bars in the microwave, like you do for the SW cheesecake, then squash them down into a dish, let it cool down, then top it with the lemon meringue. Crustless no more!! :D x

Thanks Kathy xx

PUTTANESCA PASTA - Serves 4

Syn Free, if using cheese as a HEX

400g chopped tomatoes with garlic
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
50g anchovies, drained
1 heaped tbsp. capers, drained
One and a half tbsp. tomato puree
275g dried spaghetti
Handful of chopped basil

Spray a pan well with Frylight. Heat and add the garlic and chilli and cook until the garlic is pale golden.
Add the anchovies, capers, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and some black pepper.
Simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes, until thickened.
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling, salted water in a large pan until al dente.
Drain and return to the pan.
Add the sauce, toss together well and serve immediately on warmed plates, sprinkled with the fresh basil and topped off with grated Parmesan (HEX).

For a more authentic taste you could add in some black olives. 8 olives = 1 Syn, so, not bad at all! :D

I've just made the chicken with mustard cream and had it with BNS and charred red onion, mushy peas and carrots. It was so tasty and really easy - great recipe Kathy!!

image-2258083326.jpg

Thanks, Sparty - and a picture too!!!! :D I'm so useless with technology! So glad you enjoyed it and it's great to know you found it easy, as well as tasty. :) Thanks for posting.

Kathy x

TOMATO TAGLIATELLI WITH BASIL - Serves 3-4

1 Syn per serving, based on 4 servings

2 onions, finely chopped (I use frozen because it softens well in Frylight)
1 clove of garlic, crushed
400g can chopped tomatoes (Try to use good quality for this recipe, like Napolina)
1 tbsp. tomato puree
Handful of fresh basil leaves
375g dried tagliatelle
100ml dry white wine - 4 Syns

Spray a pan well with Frylight and cook the onion and garlic, over a gentle heat until softened.
Add the tomatoes, puree and wine, stirring well.
Simmer over a gentle heat until thickened and reduced.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta until al dente.
Add some of the torn basil leaves to the tomato sauce, reserving some for garnish.
Season the sauce with salt and black pepper.
Drain the tagliatelle and sprinkle with black pepper.
Divide the pasta between warm plates or dishes. Top with the sauce and garnish with the remaining basil leaves.

This is so tasty but, even more so, if you have a spare HEX of cheese to grate over it! If I have enough Syns left for the day, I share a tbsp. or two of basil flavoured olive oil between the servings, drizzling it over the pasta before topping off with the tomato sauce. It's well worth it! :)

ROAST PEPPER AND CRAB PATE

Syn Free

85g 0% Greek yoghurt - Total is good for this
150g crab meat, fresh or canned
80g roasted red peppers, in brine, drained and chopped

Mix the crab meat, yoghurt and chopped red peppers together and season to taste with salt and pepper.

Great served on thin, toasted, HEX bread or as a dip for vegetable crudités.

WILD MUSHROOM PASTA - Serves 2

Approx. 1 Syn per serving

300g 2% Greek yoghurt - Total - 1.5 - 2 Syns
3 shallots, finely chopped
1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
300g fresh, wild mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
500g dried pasta shapes
Quarter tsp. of freshly grated nutmeg (could use dried)

Spray a large pan well with Frylight and cook the shallots and garlic until shallots are softening but not browning.
Stir in the mushrooms and balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta, according to pack instructions, until al dente. Drain well.
Stir the pasta into the mushroom mixture and stir well. Reheat and add the nutmeg and season to taste.
Add the yoghurt, stirring well. Reheat but do not let it boil.

WILD MUSHROOM PASTA - Serves 2

Approx. 1 Syn per serving

300g 2% Greek yoghurt - Total - 1.5 - 2 Syns
3 shallots, finely chopped
1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
300g fresh, wild mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
500g dried pasta shapes
Quarter tsp. of freshly grated nutmeg (could use dried)

Spray a large pan well with Frylight and cook the shallots and garlic until shallots are softening but not browning.
Stir in the mushrooms and balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta, according to pack instructions, until al dente. Drain well.
Stir the pasta into the mushroom mixture and stir well. Reheat and add the nutmeg and season to taste.
Add the yoghurt, stirring well. Reheat but do not let it boil.

Another fantastic recipe, I've copied it into my recipes book so I can try it out.
Thanks again for all your hard work with this thread.x

I've just made the chicken with mustard cream and had it with BNS and charred red onion, mushy peas and carrots. It was so tasty and really easy - great recipe Kathy!!

View attachment 131867

Kathy, I can`t seem to be able to find this one, if you spot it send me a message please.

Thanks

It is ok I found it Page 3.

Last edited:
OATY COOKIES - makes about 8.

5 Syns for all the cookies, if using the oats as your HEX

1 large ripe banana
35g quick-cook porridge oats

Spray a baking tray with Frylight or line with non-stick baking paper.
Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork. If you're following the plan to the letter, this is where the 5 Syns come in - still can't get my head round that really! :D
Mix in the porridge oats (and some sweetener, if you like things a bit sweeter) and blob onto the baking tray. Sometimes I add some cinnamon at this point.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C/gas mk. 4 on the middle shelf for approx. 15 mins.
Allow to cool on the tray, although they do taste really yummy when they are slightly warm!

Hi Kathy, I have just started to go through recipes again to store some for myself and just found this one. The grandkids coming next week. We can make these. Forgetting the syns of course. Fantastic

Back