Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

AMERICAN STYLE LEMON CHEESECAKE - Serves 6

Approx. 4 Syns per serving

2 eggs, separated
4 heaped tbsp. FF Fromage Frais
200g BGTY plain cottage cheese or similar
300g extra light Philadelphia cream cheese - 18 Syns
2 level tbsp. cornflour - 7 Syns
Approx. half a cup of sweetener or to taste
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon

Pre-heat the oven to 160C/Gas 2/3.
Combine all the ingredients, except the egg whites, in a large bowl and beat with an electric blender until smooth, thick and silky in appearance. Beat until the consistency of the cottage cheese smooths out.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, then beat in the cornflour.
Slowly fold the egg white mixture into the large bowl, until combined.
Transfer the mixture to a ceramic, shallow baking dish and bake for approx. 40 minutes or until risen and golden.
Allow to cool completely, then chill in the fridge before serving.

I haven't actually tried this recipe but it forms part of the Dukan diet and I thought sounded quite tasty. The picture looked good too so I will be trying it shortly. :)

MOCHA BANANA ICE CREAM - Serves 2

7 Syns per serving - so, obviously for only when you have Syns to spare! :D

2 small frozen bananas - 8 Syns, when blitzed
1 tsp. instant coffee or espresso
Quarter tsp. ground cinnamon, if you like it
20g dark chocolate, finely chopped - 6 Syns

Remove the bananas from the freezer and leave for 5 minutes.
Peel, cut or break into chunks and put into a food processor. Pulse until the bananas are in small pieces, then blend until smooth, scraping the sides, when necessary.
Add the coffee, cinnamon and chocolate and blend until thoroughly mixed.
Serve immediately.

I think Ive died and gone to heaven with this recipe!! 3 of my favourite things in one- bananas, chocolate and coffee!! Id probably have no other syns and just eat the lot (maybe I should do a half portion to stop myself doing that LOL!

I think Ive died and gone to heaven with this recipe!! 3 of my favourite things in one- bananas, chocolate and coffee!! Id probably have no other syns and just eat the lot (maybe I should do a half portion to stop myself doing that LOL!

Awww, hope you love it then, Lisa! :)

Kathy x

ITALIAN STYLE STRAWBERRY ICE-CREAM - Serves 2

1 Syn per serving

3 eggs, separated
90g FF Fromage Frais
40g Quark
2 tbsp. low-fat single cream - Elmlea = 2 Syns
1 tsp. sweetener
1 tsp. strawberry flavouring (or any flavouring of your choice)
Pinch of salt

In a bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff.
In another bowl, combine the egg yolks, fromage frais, Quark, low-fat cream, sweetener and flavouring.
Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the mixture. Check it is sweet enough and alter the sweetener amount accordingly.
Transfer the mixture into two freezer-proof bowls, cover and freeze for at least two and a half hours.

This recipe is from the Dukan Diet. I haven't tried it yet but sounds delicious! :)

MANGO PASSION - Serves 2

2.5 Syns for the whole recipe

200g FF Greek yoghurt
1 level tbsp. runny honey - 2.5 Syns
1 small mango, peeled and cut into cubes
2 passion fruit

Mix together the honey and yoghurt in a small bowl.
Using a teaspoon, scoop the seeds and flesh from the passion fruit into the yoghurt mix and combine.
Gently fold in the mango cubes.
Divide the mixture between two dishes.
Chill for up to 8 hours. Serve at room temperature, garnished with fresh mint leaves (if you have any in).

This is a take on a Mary Berry recipe and is light and refreshing.

Also good with a Ginger Thin biscuit crumbled over the top just prior to serving but don't forget to Syn! :)

Last edited:
LOW-FAT CREME BRULEE - Serves 4

4.5 Syns per serving

400g raspberries or strawberries
300g FF yoghurt
1 tsp. vanilla essence
6 level tbsp. brown sugar - 18 Syns

Take four ramekin dishes and divide the fruit into the bottom of each one.
Mix together the vanilla essence and yoghurt and divide between the dishes.
Sprinkle the top of each with one and a half tbsp. of brown sugar, making sure the surface is covered.
Place under a pre-heated grill for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar caramelises. Watch closely so it doesn't burn.
Remove and cool before serving.

This is a take on a recipe by Daniel Green

Last edited:
MINT CHOC MOUSSE - Serves 4

3 Syns per serving

4 eggs, separated
8 tbsp. FF fromage frais
4 level tsp. (or a little more) cocoa powder. Bournville is 0.5 Syn per level tsp.
4 level tbsp. powdered skimmed milk - 10 Syns
1 tsp. peppermint flavouring
4 tsp. sweetener
4 fresh mint leaves, if you have them in

Mix together the egg yolks, fromage frais, cocoa powder, powdered milk powder, flavouring and sweetener.
In another bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Gently fold into the mint mixture.
Pour the mixture into four glass dishes and chill in the fridge for at least two hours.
Serve decorated with the mint leaves.

THAI-STYLE PRAWNS - Serves 4

1.5 Syns per serving

600g jumbo king prawns
4 lemongrass stems, bruised

Marinade ingredients

1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil - 6 Syns
2 tsp. salt reduced soy sauce
2 large cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tsp. grated ginger
1 tsp ground cumin

Mix the marinade ingredients together and add the prawns to the mixture, turning occasionally. Put into the fridge and leave for about 20 minutes.
To cook on a BBQ, thread the prawns onto metal skewers, place in the centre of the grill, on top of the lemongrass and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning once until opaque.
Discard the lemongrass before eating.

CHICKEN AND LENTIL CASSEROLE - Serves 6

Syn Free

900g bone-in, skinless chicken thighs (although I have just used chicken breasts and it was fine)
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
150g dried lentils (I used red)
400ml chicken stock
300g passata or chopped tomatoes
Half tsp. dried basil
Half tsp. dried rosemary
1 tbsp. lemon juice

Spray a non-stick, lidded frying pan with Frylight and cook the chicken pieces, over a medium heat, for about 5 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Re-spray, if necessary and cook the onion until tender. I start mine off in the microwave with a splash of water or use frozen, to speed the process.
Mix in the carrot and garlic.
Stir in the lentils and stock. Season with salt at this point, although, as my partner has just been told he has high blood pressure, I have made this without and, because of the herbs, it tastes fine.
Bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Return the chicken to the pan. Cover, and continue cooking for a further 20 minutes. If necessary, add a little extra water to moisten.
Stir the passata/tomatoes into the pan. Add the herbs and continue cooking for 10 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
Stir in the lemon juice and serve with lots of veg.

Last edited:
MANGO AND FROMAGE FRAIS DESSERT - Serves 4

Approx. 1.5 Syns per serving

1 large ripe mango, about 200g - 6 Syns (Pureed mango = 3 Syns per 100g)
320g FF Fromage Frais
1 level tsp. runny honey - 1 Syn
1 tsp. lemon juice

Peel the mango and place around two thirds of it into a blender.
Add the lemon juice and blend until smooth.
Chop the remaining mango into chunks.
Place the fromage frais into a bowl and mix in the honey.
Divide the chopped fruit between four serving bowls, preferably glass.
Put a layer of the fromage frais mixture over the fruit, then a layer of the mango puree.
Alternate the layers until all the mixture is used up.
Chill, covered with cling film.

This recipe is by a lady called Elaine Kay.

NUMBERED INDEX ON PAGES 55 and 98.

CARRIBEAN CHICKEN WITH SPRING ONION SAUCE - Serves 2

Syn Free

2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 tbsp. curry powder
100g basmati rice
200g black or kidney beans, rinsed and drained

For the sauce:

1 lime, juiced and zested
A small bunch of fresh chives, snipped
6 spring onions, finely chopped
1 green or red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed

Cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
Rub the curry powder into the chicken chunks, using your hands. Make sure they are all covered.
Spray a non-stick frying pan well with Frylight and start to fry the chicken.
Mix all the sauce ingredients, except for the lime zest, together in a bowl.
Once the chicken is half-way through cooking, tip in the sauce ingredients and stir for another five minutes.
At this point, add the beans in with the rice.
Once the rice and chicken are cooked and the sauce has thickened, you can drain the rice and beans.
Serve on warmed plates, garnished with the lime zest.

This was originally featured on the Good Food web-site but was tweaked by a lady called Jules The Norweegie.

Last edited:
Amazing thread!!! Subscribed! Have got all of next week planned on these recipes! Thank you I was so close to quitting cos the same old meals are boring the life out of me :) xxx

Thank-you so much for such a lovely comment! I'm really glad you now feel more inspired to continue. :) You have actually done the same for me! I was wondering, yesterday, whether people had had enough of checking out new pictureless recipes and wondering if it was worth carrying on or not but you have now inspired me too! :D Happy cooking!

Kathy x

Last edited:
VANILLA AND RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE - Serves 4

Approx. 2 Syns per serving, if using the oats as part HEX's

3 medium eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
250g tub of Quark
170g FF Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp. runny honey - 5 Syns
700g raspberries (or whichever berries you prefer - blueberries, strawberries, finely chopped, etc)
75g Jumbo oats
25g half-fat margarine spread - 2.5 Syns

Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
Spray four x 200ml ramekin dishes with Frylight and spread the oil around with a pastry brush.
Whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, Quark, yoghurt and honey. Stir in 100g of the raspberries.
Dry fry the oats in a pan. Mix with the low-fat spread and pree into the base of the dishes.
Allow to cool slightly, then spoon the cheese mixture over.
Bake for 40 minutes until golden and firm to the touch. Allow to cool.
Once cooled, either remove from the ramekins or leave in and top with the remaining fruit.

If preferred, you can slowly cook the reserved berries in a pan with 3 tbsp. of water for about 5 minutes, then puree to make a coulis to top the cheesecakes with. However, if you do this, don't forget to Syn the fruit.
You could also add a little cinnamon to the oats for extra spice.

EASY BAKED CHICKEN - Serves 6

1 Syn per serving

6 skinless chicken breasts or 12 skinless thigh pieces (these are moister and tastier)
1 small pot FF natural yoghurt
1 tbsp. olive oil - 6 Syns
2-3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 inch piece of ginger, grated
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
Half tsp. crushed red chillies
1 tsp. ground coriander
Three quarters of a tsp. of chaat masala (found in Indian stores) - Optional

Mix all the ingredients together and rub into the chicken. Marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes but for two hours, if possible.
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
Line a baking tray with foil, place the chicken on the foil and bake for 40-45 minutes.

Lovely served with salad and couscous or SW chips/wedges.

This recipe is by a lady called Humaira Mian.

I was wondering, yesterday, whether people had had enough of checking out new recipes and wondering if it was worth carrying on or not
Do please carry on - I have definitely not had enough! I love your recipes!

Back