Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

I posted this on a different thread yesterday.I thought I'd share with all of you.Trust me it is lush.I can't remember who posted it originaly but thank you very much.

1 syn chicken korma

Fry chicken off in fry light
Add mushrooms, onions & any other veg you like
Sprinkle 2 chicken oxo and 2 curry oxo over(or curry powder)
Put in 2 muller light greek coconut yoghurts.
(apparently the normal muller light coconut yoghurts are syn free)

I tried this last week and totally agree it was lovely! I only used 1 yoghurt and it was still creamy, big hit with the other half who hates dishes with quark or fat free yoghurt! Apologies in advance if this doesnt end up posting where it should as i have never used this site before but found this thread and am loving it!

oh it worked, im impressed with myself! ;-) meant to say i added 2 chicken oxo, 1 teaspoon of korma powder and 2fl oz water so it didnt burn, then take it off the heat for a few mins before adding the yoghurt, deliCIOUS!

oh it worked, im impressed with myself! ;-) meant to say i added 2 chicken oxo, 1 teaspoon of korma powder and 2fl oz water so it didnt burn, then take it off the heat for a few mins before adding the yoghurt, deliCIOUS!

Yup, I use korma powder too the curry oxo is not longer in production. Really enjoy this on a Friday or Saturday night just like a takeaway ;)

Going to try this tonight I think! Yummy :D

SMOKED SALMON PASTA - serves 4

300g tagliatelle or other pasta
150g or more of Quark - Tesco's is best as it's thicker
200g smoked salmon trimmings, cut into small strips - nice and cheap!
Fresh chives, snipped
Seasoning

Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, until al dente.
Heat the Quark, with a tiny pinch of salt, gently in a small pan.
Drain the pasta and rinse with boiled water.
Tip the pasta into a warmed serving dish.
Add the salmon and Quark and toss gently together.
Grind over some black pepper and sprinkle with the chives.
Serve immediately.

Just made this and it was tasty but a little bit dry?! Next time ill add a little water to it.

I also made garlic bread using a hexb roll, tablespoon olive oil (2 syns) and parsley.

image-1871371615.jpg

94. Been away for the weekend so here's a quick recipe to be going on with! :)

CREAMY CHICKEN WITH ASPARAGUS AND TARRAGON - Serves 4

1 Syn per serving

500g baby new potatoes, halved
4 skinless chicken breasts
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
350ml chicken stock
Small bunch of tarragon
175g asparagus, trimmed
3 tbsp. reduced-fat crème fraiche - 4.5 Syns

Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 8-10 minutes until tender, drain and keep warm in the pan.
Season the chicken with black pepper.
Spray a large frying pan with Frylight. Gently fry the chicken with the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, until browned.
Pour the stock over the chicken, add 2 sprigs of tarragon and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
Turn the chicken, add the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes more.
Chop the remaining tarragon.
Stir in the crème fraiche and tarragon and heat through, stirring. Serve with the new potatoes.

Last edited:
95. CHEESE AND BROCCOLI PASTA - Serves 4

Practically Syn Free, if using cheese as a HEX

1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 head of broccoli broken into small florets
10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 tub of Quark - could use Extra Light Philly but would obviously have to Syn it.
About 4-6 tbsp. - probably about 1 Syn, only guessing!
HEX grated cheese
Enough pasta to serve 4 people

Steam, boil or microwave the broccoli until tender and cook the pasta, according to pack instructions.
Spray a frying pan with Frylight and cook the onion until softened and turning golden. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
Add the tub of Quark or Philly to the pan and stir until melted. Add some milk, a tablespoon at a time until you reach the consistency you require for a sauce. Stir through some of the grated cheese.
Add the cherry tomatoes and the broccoli and add a good grind of black pepper to taste. Top with the remaining grated cheese. Stir through and serve with your favourite pasta.

Could add spinach instead of broccoli. Just add when you add the garlic, cook until just wilting and continue as above.

I have never tried this recipe but hope it helps, C Millan. :)

Kathy x

Last edited:
Pete’s Strawberry Yogurt Ice Cream (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp. sweetener
4 Tbsp. Sainsbury’s “be good to yourself” natural Yogurt (ff)
200g Strawberries, 100g pureed (1.5syn/2=0.75 syn) 100g sliced (ss (sff)

Method

Place 100g of the strawberries in a small bowl, using a hand blender, reduce to a puree.
In a glass bowl mix together the puree, yogurt, sweetener & extract & place in the freezer, remove after 30 mins.
Mix again to break the ice crystals & return to the freezer, repeat for at least 1.5 hours in total.
Slice the remaining strawberries & share between the 2 serving glasses, reserving 2 for display.
Remove the yogurt from the freezer & whip it to a smooth consistency, layer into the glasses & place 1 strawberry on top of each glass. Enjoy!

Strawberry Yogurt Ice Cream-3 (Small).jpg

96. CUCUMBER, CARROT AND GREEN CHILLI RAITA - Serves 2-3

Virtually Syn Free

Good as an accompaniment to curries or used as a dip.
You could make variations to this by adding grated apple or, to add a coolness, try adding 4-5 leaves of fresh mint.

2-3 green chillies, finely chopped (use less if you don't like hot food)
1 garlic clove, crushed
5-6 sprigs of coriander, finely chopped
1 level tsp of English mustard - 0.5 Syn
Quarter of a cucumber, coarsely grated
1 small carrot, grated
250g Fat Free natural Greek yoghurt
Half a teaspoon of crushed chillies to garnish

In a bowl, mix the chillies, garlic, coriander, mustard, cucumber and carrot together.
Season with salt and pepper, mix well, then add the yoghurt. Stir well.
Keep the raita in the fridge and serve cold, garnished with the chilli flakes, with any Indian meal or as a dip.

Last edited:
97. SMOKED HAM AND BEAN PASTA - Serves 6

Syn Free

400g spaghetti
1 small onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 tsp of tomato puree with herbs or, if you can't find any, tomato puree and half a teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
Half a teaspoon of dried parsley but I'm sure if you don't have any it won't make much difference!
200g smoked ham
200g butter beans, drained
1 carrot, finely sliced

Cook the pasta according to pack instructions until al dente (firm to the bite).
Spray a separate pan with Frylight, heat and add the onion and garlic. Sweat for a few minutes, before adding the tomato puree and parsley.
Add the smoked ham and beans and cook for a few minutes, but make sure the beans don't go mushy.
Season to taste but be careful as the ham may be salty.
Add the cooked, drained spaghetti, along with the carrot. Stir gently for a few minutes.
Serve, possibly sprinkled with a grated HEX portion of cheese.

Last edited:
98. PORK AND PINEAPPLE CURRY - Serves 4

Syn Free

350g pork, diced and all visible fat removed
400g can chopped tomatoes
8 mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 fresh rings of pineapple, chopped
1 pepper, de-seeded and chopped
5 tbsp. of medium curry powder or to taste

Spray a pan with Frylight and fry the pork until cooked through.
Add the tomatoes and stir.
Spray a frying pan with Frylight and cook the mushrooms and onion until softened, then add them to the pork.
Add the pineapple, pepper and curry powder and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve with rice.
You can always add some chilli if you really want to spice things up.

Last edited:
99. KARAHI MURGH - Serves 4

1 Syn per whole recipe

1lb of boneless, skinless chicken
3 tomatoes, cut into chunky wedges
1 tbsp. Very Lazy Garlic Paste - 1 Syn
3 green chillies, slit lengthways
1 large tbsp. ground coriander
1 large tbsp. ground cumin powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
Half teaspoon turmeric and ground ginger powder
1 red and 1 green pepper, de-seeded and cut into long strips
1 tbsp. tomato puree

Spray a large pan with Frylight. Add the onions, garlic paste, ginger and salt and pepper.
Saute the onions until slightly brown and softened.
Add the cumin seeds and chicken and cook on a high heat until the chicken is sealed.
Add the remaining spices and cook on a high heat for 3 minutes.
Add the peppers, tomatoes, tomato puree and half a cup of water. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Switch off the heat and add the green chillies and some fresh, chopped coriander, if you have any.

Serve with Basmati rice and, maybe some of the raita from earlier! :)

Apologies for a slightly longer list of ingredients but it is scrummy!

Last edited:
Back