Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

BACON AND EGG MUFFINS (Taken from a Paleo recipe.) - Serves however many you like! :D

Syn Free

Eggs - number dependent on how many muffins you are making.
Lean bacon - again, depending on how many.
Veg., including tomatoes.

Spray a non-stick muffin tin with Frylight and spread it around with a pastry brush.
Pre-heat the oven to 175C/Gas 3-4.
Fry the lean bacon until cooked through. Cut off the largest (circular) piece and press into the muffin tins to form a base. Save the thinner piece of bacon and chop into small pieces.
Chop the veg into tiny pieces - tomatoes, peppers, spring onions, etc. Whatever you like. Add some herbs and spices to if you want.
Put the chopped veg onto the bacon bases, sprinkle with a little black pepper and top with the chopped bacon.
Crack an egg on top of each 'muffin'. Whisk beforehand, if you prefer.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the egg is cooked.
Eat warm or cold.

I've had these for breakfast sometimes but they make a brilliant snack too for in a lunch box or just enjoying at home. :)

OVEN BAKED FISH WITH CHORIZO AND CHICKPEAS - Serves 2

2.5 Syns per serving

400g fillet of fish, skin on - hake, cod, haddock, coley, etc. Always buy from a fishmonger if poss.
75 g diced chorizo - 5 Syns
200g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 large tomato, finely diced
Half a tbsp. tomato puree
Half a veg stock cube dissolved in 100ml of boiling water
Small bunch of parsley, chopped
Half a red onion, diced

Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.C
ook the chorizo in a non-stick pan until the oils have run. Then add the red onion (I always soften mine off in the microwave, with a splash of water before this) and cook gently for 3 minutes.
Add the chickpeas to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add the puree and cook for another 2 minutes.
Finally, add the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
Mix the diced tomato and parsley into it, cover and set to one side.
Spray a non-stick frying pan well with Frylight and put the fish in, skin side down. Cook over a moderate heat for 4 minutes.
Once well seared, flip over and cook for a further minute, then put in the oven for 5 minutes or until the fish is thoroughly cooked through. It should easily flake with a fork when it's ready.
Serve the fish on a bed of the chickpea and chorizo mixture.

I haven't actually tried this recipe but one of my friends has and she says it's lovely. She used hake. The original recipe, she says, is from the Seafood Scotland website.

Pete’s Baked Bean Curry Loaf -3 (2014)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Knorr Curry Flavour pot (2syns/4=0.5 syn per person)
2 Eggs (ff)
120g packet of Sainsbury’s Indian style curry savoury rice (ff)
400g Baked beans (ff)
6” cake tin
S & P

Method

Cook the rice as per the packet instructions, when cooked drain in a sieve.
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Open a tin of baked beans and mix the Knorr flavourpot with them, add the rice & allow to cool, season well.
Mix all together & tip into a6” cake tin, lined if not non-stick. Cook for 20-25 mins then insert a skewer, if it comes out clean, it’s cooked, if not cook for a few minutes more.
Tip out of the tin & allow to cool, slice with care as it is crumbly!
Tastes lovely hot or cold!

Baked Bean Dahi (Small).JPG

must try that one for my tea!

Most of you will know by now just how useless I am with technology!! I therefore have no idea how, or if, you can find out who leaves a 'Reputation' comment. :D Because of this, I shall have to use this thread to say a big thank-you to whoever left such a lovely, much appreciated comment! It makes posting the recipes so worth it so, thank-you once again. :) xx

PESTO CHICKEN - Serves 4

3 Syns per serving, if using the cheese and bread as part HEX's. 30g Parmesan = 1 HEX. 60g wholemeal bread = 1 HEX.

100g fresh breadcrumbs
35g fresh Parmesan, grated
4 level tbsp. green pesto - 12 Syns
4 skinless chicken breasts

Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
Spray a baking dish well with Frylight and spread it out with a pastry brush.
In a small bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and Parmesan and season to taste with black pepper.
Spread the pesto over the chicken breasts, then cover generously with the cheesy breadcrumbs.
Place in the baking dish and scatter over any remaining breadcrumbs.
Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.

Lovely with spicy SW wedges and a huge salad.

NUMBERED INDEX ON PAGES 55 and 98

MEATBALLS IN TOMATO AND GINGER SAUCE - Serves 4

3 Syns for the whole recipe

450g extra lean minced beef
1 large onion, finely chopped and cooked in Frylight until golden and cooled
1 tbsp. spring onions, chopped
Chilli flakes to taste (optional)

2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
Piece of ginger (about the size of your thumb), finely chopped
2 tbsp. cider vinegar
1 tbsp. brown sugar - 3 Syns
400g can chopped tomatoes
Handful of chopped coriander

Mix the mince, fried onion, spring onions and some seasoning well together.
With damp hands, shape into small meatball shapes (walnut sized).
Spray a large non-stick frying pan well with Frylight and fry the meatballs until well browned. Set aside.
Put the garlic, ginger, cider vinegar and brown sugar into a food processor and whizz for one minute.
Scrape the mixture into a pan and add the tomatoes. Bring to the boil, add the meatballs and simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
Season and add the coriander just before serving.

Lovely with rice or pasta.

Last edited:
Chorizo chorizo just love it. Cooking the chicken and chorizo now.. Keep the chorizo recipes coming x

Just went out and bought some chorizo because I want to try some of these delicious recipes!
This thread is going to become my recipe bible!!
X

Really glad you like it, freakydarkstuff. :) It's so nice to know people are enjoying trying some of the recipes out so, thanks for that! :) Just love chorizo but sometimes when I look through the index, I think, maybe I've gone a bit crazy with the chorizo recipes! Can't get enough of the stuff though! :D

Kathy x

Hi! Earlier I made a chicken and leftover veg egg fried rice

Serves 1 - syn free

1 chicken breast (all fat trimmed and cut into strips)
75g long grain rice (cooked and left to cool)
Some soy sauce
2 eggs (whisked)
Raw Leftover veg (I used some tinned sweetcorn, spring onions- chopped, half a red bell pepper and some sugar snap peas)

Fry chicken in frylight until cooked through- add a dash of soy sauce. Put to the side.
In a wok fry the veggies for a few minutes until cooked but still crunchy.
Add the cooked rice and another dash of soy sauce and mix through.
Make a well in the middle and add whisked eggs.
Thoroughly mix all ingredients until egg is set (like scrambled)
Add chicken and mix.
Season (be careful with salt though because of the soy) and serve.

Question though- im rubbish and a complete novice with herbs/ spices (I didn't own any before starting slimming world apart from salt and pepper!) What could I add to give it abit more oomph? I like a little spice but not blow your head off heat...

Thanks for the amazing recipes Kathy- and it was me who added to your rep yesterday! Lurking but very much enjoying!!
Xxx

Mmm, some ginger might be good or smoked paprika, pinch of dried chilli flakes, some garlic perhaps...... Tarragon is good with chicken too. I suppose anything like that would be good. Sounds delicious though so will definitely be trying it! :)

And thank-you so, so much for adding to my reps. It really does make all the difference to know the recipes are useful to people so thank-you for taking the time to do that, freakydarkstuff. Hope you enjoy any you try.

Kathy xx

GREEN THAI CHICKEN FOR THE SLOW COOKER - Serves 6

Approx. 3 Syns per serving

500g boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
1-2 level tbsp. Thai curry paste - 1-2 Syns
2 small parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
400g can of Blue Dragon light coconut milk - 14.5 Syns
1 tbsp. fish sauce (Blue Dragon nam pla is Syn Free)
2 level tsp. light muscavado sugar - 2 Syns
100g sliced mushrooms
Handful of frozen peas

Add everything, apart from the mushrooms and peas, to the slow cooker, mix well and cook on High for 3-5 hours.
Half an hour before the end of cooking, add the mushrooms and peas, stir and continue to cook.

Lovely served with rice.

FIERY CHICKEN - Serves 4

Approx. 2 Syns per serving

6 level tbsp. runny honey - 9 Syns
2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped (leave seeds in if you like it really hot)
2 tbsp. Worcester Sauce
2 tbsp. distilled vinegar
1 tbsp. freshly chopped sage
4 skinless chicken breasts
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped into 8
8 button mushrooms
1 courgette, cut into 1cm slices
1 red onion, cut into 8 thin wedges

Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
Mix together the honey, chillies, Worcester sauce and distilled vinegar.
Add the sage and season with salt and black pepper.
Score the chicken breasts 3 times diagonally across, place in a non-metallic ovenproof dish and cover with the honey mixture. Marinade in the fridge for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, make 8 vegetable kebabs, placing one piece of each veg onto 8 small metal kebabs.
Place on a baking tray and spray well with Frylight. Place in the oven, turning occasionally and re-spraying, if necessary.
Put the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through, basting occasionally.
If the veg kebabs aren't cooked by the time the chicken is nearly ready, re-spray and place under the grill, turning frequently, until tender and char-grilled.
Remove the chicken and keep warm. Meanwhile, pour the juices into a small pan and boil until reduced by half.
Serve with rice. Put the chicken on top of the rice with 2 kebabs each. Pour the juice over the kebabs.

CREAMY HONEY, CIDER PORK - Serves 2

2.5 Syns per serving

1 pork fillet - enough for 2 people
1 small onion, finely sliced
2 level tsp. wholegrain mustard - 1 Syn
2 level tsp. runny honey - 1 Syn
3 level tbsp. BGTY half fat crème fraiche - 1.5 Syns
100ml Woodpecker cider - 1.5 Syns

Slice the pork tenderloin into medallions about 1-2 cm thick.
Mix together the crème fraiche, mustard and honey in a bowl.
Spray a frying pan well with Frylight and gently cook the onion, stirring frequently, until softened. I start mine off in the microwave, with a splash of water first, to speed the process up. The original recipe uses a knob of butter to cook the onion and pork and, I must admit, it adds to the flavour so, if I have Syns to spare, that is what I do.
Remove the onion from the pan, re-spray and add the pork medallions.
After one minute, turn the medallions over and cook for another minute.
Pour the cider in and let it bubble for a few minutes until slightly reduced.
Take the pan off the heat and put the onion back in. Add in the crème fraiche mixture. Stir well.
Reduce the heat down and put the pan back on the heat. Simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring.
Check the seasoning and serve immediately.

Lovely served with rice/noodles/SW wedges and lots of fresh veg.

MUSTARD AND CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN - Serves 4

1.5 Syns for the whole recipe, if using the cheeses as HEX's

130g reduced fat Mozzarella, torn into small pieces (65g reduced fat Mozzarella = 1 x HEX.) OR use 150g Philadelphia Light, instead of Mozzarella. 75g Philadelphia Light = 1 x HEX.
60g mature Cheddar cheese, grated. (30g Cheddar = 1 x HEX.)
1 level tbsp. wholegrain mustard - 1.5 Syns
4 large skinless chicken breasts
8 rashers smoked bacon, all visible fat removed

Mix the cheeses and mustard together.
Cut a deep slit into the side of each chicken breast, then stuff with the cheese and mustard mixture. If the mixture looks a little dry, stir through some reduced fat crème fraiche. BGTY = 1 tbsp. - 0.5 Syn.
Wrap each stuffed chicken breast with two rashers of bacon so they hold it all together. If this isn't working too well, just thread a wooden cocktail stick through each slit too.
Season and place on a non-stick baking tray. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.

Could stuff with Boursin Light instead of the Mozzarella. 25g Boursin Light = 1.5 Syns.

This is gorgeous served on warmed plates with garlic and rosemary roast potatoes and a green veg like mange tout, alongside roasted vine tomatoes. :) Don't forget to pour any of the escaped juices over the chicken breasts. Also lovely with new potatoes and fresh veg.

If there is too much filling, reserve some for the next day - put into a pan, loosen a bit with some Synned half fat crème fraiche and a splash of wine. Makes a lovely sauce to serve with pasta! :)

Last edited:
HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN BURGERS - Serves 4

0.5 Syns per serving, if using the breadcrumbs as part HEX's.

4 skinless chicken breasts, roughly chopped
1 and a half level tbsp. wholegrain mustard - 2 Syns
75g fresh white breadcrumbs
1 medium egg
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon

Put the chicken in a food processor and whizz until it resembles mince. Empty into a large bowl and mix in the mustard, 1 tbsp of honey, the breadcrumbs, egg, lemon zest and plenty of seasoning.
Divide the mixture equally into four and shape into burger shapes.
Put on a plate, cover with cling film and put in fridge for 30 minutes.
Spray a large non-stick pan well with Frylight and brown the burgers over a medium - high heat, for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
Transfer to a baking tray, brush the tops of the burgers with the remaining honey and cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked through.

Lovely served with SW wedges or jacket, stuffed with HEX cheese and a huge salad.

I have just found this thread and OMG it is amazing!!! Thank you for taking the time to put all these recipes on here. :)

Thank-you so much, Vickrick, for your lovely comment - makes it worthwhile doing it all. :) I hope you enjoy any you try.

Kathy x

Back