Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

This thread is great for inspiration! I know what you mean re sharing recipes, but I think the more you cook the more you develop your tastes and know what you like, allowing you to tweak recipes! E.g I didn't go mad with the mustard as I only like it when's its subtle :)
Thanks for all your work! Looking forward to trying some more recipes, I'll let you know how I get on :) x

GOLDEN LENTIL AND CHORIZO SOUP - Serves 4

Approx. 2 Syns per serving (Synned with the pumpkin seeds.)

100g chorizo - 6.5 Syns
1 large leek, finely sliced
2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
2 large carrots, finely chopped
125g red lentils
1.3 litres vegetable stock
2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds (opt.)

Gently fry the chorizo in a non-stick pan, over a medium heat, until it releases some of its oils and crisps up.
Remove from the pan and keep to one side, to use later, as a garnish.
Add the leek, celery and carrot to the pan and cook gently, in the chorizo oil, until beginning to soften. Stir occasionally.
Add the stock and lentils. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 20 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
Blend until smooth and serve in warmed bowls with the chorizo and pumpkin seeds (if using) sprinkled over.

This is a take on another recipe by Abbe.

PEANUT BUTTER CHICKEN CURRY - Serves 3

Approx. 7 Syns per serving - Yes, I know but I always reserve this for a day when I know I'll be using very few or no Syns. It's so definitely worth it!! :)

1 large red chilli, deseeded
2cm piece of fresh root ginger, roughly chopped
1 large clove of garlic, crushed
Small bunch of coriander - stalks removed and roughly chopped
4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
Half tsp. ground cumin
5 Level tbsp. reduced fat peanut butter, crunchy or smooth - 20 Syns
150ml chicken stock
200g FF Greek yoghurt

Finely slice a quarter of the chilli, then put the rest in a pestle and mortar with the ginger, garlic, coriander stalks and one-third of the leaves. Grind to a rough paste, with a splash of water, if needed.
Spray a large, non-stick frying pan well with Frylight and brown the chicken on all sides.
Stir in the paste and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring.
Add the peanut butter, stock and yoghurt.
When the sauce is gently bubbling, leave to simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
Stir in most of the remaining coriander, then scatter the rest on top of the finished curry, along with the finely sliced chilli.

Lovely served with rice.

If you want it to serve 4, try adding some veg, like onion, mushrooms, grated courgette, etc.

I never used to own a pestle and mortar but saw so many yummy looking recipes that required one so, had to give in and bought one several years ago and find I use it loads!

This recipe is adapted from one in the Good Food mag.

BEETROOT SOUP WITH GOAT'S CHEESE CROUTONS - Serves 4

3 Syns per serving, if using the bread and goat's cheese as part HEX's

500g cooked beetroot, cut into chunks
1 large onion, finely diced
1 large clove of garlic, crushed
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil - 12 Syns
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
750ml vegetable stock

FOR THE CROUTONS

4 slices of baguette
1 peeled clove of garlic, cut in half
4 rounds of goat's cheese
4 sage leaves, finely sliced

Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
In a large, non-stick pan, sweat the onion gently in the olive oil, until it softens, Be careful not to burn the onion, you don't want them to caramelize.
Whilst the onion is cooking, start the croutons. Spray the baguette slices well on both sides with olive oil Frylight. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until they are crisp and dry. Keep an eye on them and if the temp looks too high (as ovens vary, of course), turn it down a little.
When the onions are soft, add the crushed garlic to the pan and gently fry for a further minute and then add the beetroot, stock and balsamic vinegar. Bring to the boil and simmer for a couple of minutes.
Blend until the soup is really smooth, then keep warm whilst finishing off the croutons.
Rub the halved clove of garlic over one side of the dried baguette and top each with a round of goat's cheese.
Sprinkle over the sliced sage leaves, sray with the olive oil Frylight and pop back into the oven for a few minutes, until the cheese has begun to melt.
Serve the soup in warmed bowls and float a crouton on top of each serving.

This is a recipe from the Love Beetroot website.

ASIAN PULLED PORK FOR THE SLOW COOKER - Serves approx. 10 people

6 Syns in total

5 tbsp. reduced salt soy sauce
4 tbsp. mild or hot chilli powder - alter to whatever quantities, according to taste
3 tbsp. 5-spice powder
2 level tbsp. light muscovado sugar - 6 Syns
3kg boneless shoulder of pork, all visible fat removed
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
4cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped

Put the soy sauce, chilli powder, 5-spice powder, sugar, garlic and ginger into a large slow cooker. Mix together well.
Put the pork on top of the mixture and, with your hands, massage the spice mixture all over the pork. I sometimes make tiny slits in the pork and force some of the mixture into these too.
Cook on Low for 8 - 10 hours, depending on your cooker, or until the meat is tender and can be easily shredded with two forks.
Once the pork is cooked through, rest for ten minutes, to allow all the muscle to relax and the juices to flow. Then shred the pork, using two forks and serve on HEX bread rolls. Especially good served with a home-made SW coleslaw.

Can't remember where I initially found this recipe but I've had it for years and is always a good crowd pleaser! :)

Oh, just remembered! It was a recipe by Lorraine Pasquale.

6 Syns in total

4 tbsp. mild or hot chilli powder - alter to whatever quantities, according to taste
3 tbsp. 5-spice powder

Put the soy sauce, chilli powder, 5-spice powder, sugar, garlic and ginger into a large slow cooker. Mix together well.
Put the pork on top of the mixture and, with your hands, massage the spice mixture all over the pork. I sometimes make tiny slits in the pork and force some of the mixture into these too.
Cook on Low for 8 - 10 hours, depending on your cooker, or until the meat is tender and can be easily shredded with two forks.
Once the pork is cooked through, rest for ten minutes, to allow all the muscle to relax and the juices to flow. Then shred the pork, using two forks and serve on HEX bread rolls. Especially good served with a home-made SW coleslaw.

Can't remember where I initially found this recipe but I've had it for years and is always a good crowd pleaser! :)

thanks again looks like a lovely meal xx

subscribing.

thank you for all your effort here Chocko xx

6 Syns in total

3 tbsp. 5-spice powder

That sounds easy and tasty, which has to be a good combination :)

Thanks to the lovely person who has kindly given me a reputation comment. Don't know who it is but it made my day, when I came in from work.

Kathy x

PARMESAN CHICKEN - Serves 4

Approx. 2 Syns per serving, if using the bread and cheese as part HEX's

4 skinless chicken breasts
2 level tbsp. flour - 7 Syns
1 large egg, beaten
60g fresh breadcrumbs
30g grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. dried thyme

Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
Put the flour into a bowl with a good pinch of salt and some black pepper. Could add a bit of paprika, if you want a bit of spice.
Beat the egg with a fork in another bowl.
In another bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and thyme together.
Bash the chicken fillets, between two sheets of cling film, with a wooden mallet or rolling pin until evenly thinned out (escalopes).
Dip each breast into the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Pat the breadcrumbs gently down to help them stick.
Place onto the baking parchment and cook in the oven for about 20-25 minutes (less in a fan-assisted oven).

Lovely with SW chips/wedges and a side salad, especially with SW coleslaw. Also delicious with new potatoes and a green veg.

Thanks to the lovely person who has kindly given me a reputation comment. Don't know who it is but it made my day, when I came in from work.

Kathy x

that was me yesterday. i am very impressed with your recipes, its very lovely of you xx

PARMESAN CHICKEN - Serves 4

Approx. 2 Syns per serving, if using the bread and cheese as part HEX's

4 skinless chicken breasts
2 level tbsp. flour - 7 Syns
1 large egg, beaten
60g fresh breadcrumbs
30g grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. dried thyme

Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
Put the flour into a bowl with a good pinch of salt and some black pepper. Could add a bit of paprika, if you want a bit of spice.
Beat the egg with a fork in another bowl.
In another bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and thyme together.
Bash the chicken fillets, between two sheets of cling film, with a wooden mallet or rolling pin until evenly thinned out (escalopes).
Dip each breast into the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Pat the breadcrumbs gently down to help them stick.
Place onto the baking parchment and cook in the oven for about 20-25 minutes (less in a fan-assisted oven).

Lovely with SW chips/wedges and a side salad, especially with SW coleslaw. Also delicious with new potatoes and a green veg.

Thanks for this Kathy, it sounds lovely x

CHICKEN, CHORIZO AND BORLOTTI BEAN STEW - Serves 4 4 Syns per serving 2 red onions, thinly sliced 2 cloves of garlic, crushed Pinch of chilli flakes - to taste 240g chorizo, sliced - approx. 16 Syns 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into small chunks 6 boned and skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips 2x400g chopped tomatoes 600ml chicken stock 600g canned borlotti beans, drained and rinsed A small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped Spray a large, non-stick pan well with Frylight and cook the onions and garlic over a medium heat until beginning to soften. Add the chilli flakes and red pepper. Cook for a minute, before adding the chicken and chorizo. Fry for a couple of minutes, or until the chorizo releases its oils. Add the tomatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer, then stir in the borlotti beans. Cook for a further 20 minutes or until the stew has reduced and thickened, then stir in three quarters of the chopped coriander. Serve on warmed plates, garnished with the remaining coriander. Lovely served with a chunk of crusty HEX bread. This scrummy recipe is by a lady called Abbe.

Chorizo in a stew how could you :-( I hate stew but love chorizo.. Naughty girl xx

ASIAN PULLED PORK FOR THE SLOW COOKER - Serves approx. 10 people 6 Syns in total 5 tbsp. reduced salt soy sauce 4 tbsp. mild or hot chilli powder - alter to whatever quantities, according to taste 3 tbsp. 5-spice powder 2 level tbsp. light muscovado sugar - 6 Syns 3kg boneless shoulder of pork, all visible fat removed 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or crushed 4cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped Put the soy sauce, chilli powder, 5-spice powder, sugar, garlic and ginger into a large slow cooker. Mix together well. Put the pork on top of the mixture and, with your hands, massage the spice mixture all over the pork. I sometimes make tiny slits in the pork and force some of the mixture into these too. Cook on Low for 8 - 10 hours, depending on your cooker, or until the meat is tender and can be easily shredded with two forks. Once the pork is cooked through, rest for ten minutes, to allow all the muscle to relax and the juices to flow. Then shred the pork, using two forks and serve on HEX bread rolls. Especially good served with a home-made SW coleslaw. Can't remember where I initially found this recipe but I've had it for years and is always a good crowd pleaser! :) Oh, just remembered! It was a recipe by Lorraine Pasquale.

Shall be added this to my recipe keeper app..
X

PARMESAN CHICKEN - Serves 4 Approx. 2 Syns per serving, if using the bread and cheese as part HEX's 4 skinless chicken breasts 2 level tbsp. flour - 7 Syns 1 large egg, beaten 60g fresh breadcrumbs 30g grated Parmesan cheese 1 tsp. dried thyme Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Put the flour into a bowl with a good pinch of salt and some black pepper. Could add a bit of paprika, if you want a bit of spice. Beat the egg with a fork in another bowl. In another bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and thyme together. Bash the chicken fillets, between two sheets of cling film, with a wooden mallet or rolling pin until evenly thinned out (escalopes). Dip each breast into the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Pat the breadcrumbs gently down to help them stick. Place onto the baking parchment and cook in the oven for about 20-25 minutes (less in a fan-assisted oven). Lovely with SW chips/wedges and a side salad, especially with SW coleslaw. Also delicious with new potatoes and a green veg.

And another one to add. X

Chorizo in a stew how could you :-( I hate stew but love chorizo.. Naughty girl xx

Couldn't you just erase the word 'stew' from your mind and make it anyway?!! At least the other two appeal! :D Must admit, your posts usually make me giggle, Sookie!! :)

Kathy xx

Thank-you, Kay, for the rep comment and for letting me know it was from you. :) xx

I received another rep comment today from another lovely lady so thank-you very much. So glad you like some of the recipes. :)

Kathy xx

CHORIZO, PRAWN AND BUTTER BEAN ONE-POT - Serves 4

Approx. 2 - 2.5 Syns per serving

1 large onion, finely chopped
150g diced chorizo - 9.5 Syns
150g peeled pre-cooked prawns
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
1 level dessertspoon smoked paprika

Spray a large, non-stick pan well with Frylight and cook the onion gently, over a low heat until beginning to soften.
Add the chorizo and paprika and cook for about 10 minutes or until the chorizo releases all its oils.
Add the chopped tomatoes and butter beans. Season with pepper only and cook until the sauce has reduced a little.
Finally, add the prawns and cook gently until warmed through.
Serve in warmed bowls, with salt on the side.

Delicious served with HEX crusty bread to soak up the sauce.

This recipe is a take on one by a guy called Adam Garratt.

There you go, Sookie - it's not called STEW and it has CHORIZO in it!! :D xx

Back