Demaris' Diary of Daily Dreams! (Real ones!)

Demaris

Silver Member
Well, I am 35 and live on the Yorkshire Moors with my partner and two wonderful children.

My start weight is 16 stone and 8lb. And I am a size 20-22.

Putting on so much weight has changed me alot. I was once a carefree hippy type girl that didn't worry about too much. Even large problem always had a rosy outsome for me. Over the last two years I have dealt with many things, the death of my Mum, my partner having a breakdown and also moving house 300 miles from my home in Cornwall. All of this took a toll and I ate for England! (and Scotland, ireland and Wales) In moving I also had to give up my client base (I'm a tattooist) and now care full time for my partner who was diagnosed with Bipolar.

I haven't managed to make any friends up here yet, as mostly i'm housebound for my partner.

Anyway, thats the background. I am desperate to take control of my life again, and sweep this defeatest attitude I have under the carpet once and for all.

If I don't do it who else will? Its down to me and my willpower, and finding this site is a godsend.

I ahve my first weigh in tomorrow (excited!!) and have got through the last week relatively easily.

There have been hairy moments, where for a split second I have wanted to wrap it in, and i'm sure there are many more to come. But I know if I fail this, I will beat myself up about it for years to come. I really want to be able to accomplish something and be proud for me.

Also my determination is helping my partner, I can't let his illness become mine, so i am doing this for me and me alone.

I don't want my kids to grow up thinking its ok to fat. I want them to be as healthy and as happy as possible.

Our dream is to live on a self sufficient farm and raise a few animals, I know right now I would never have the stamina to do that, so my bigger dream helps me make smaller ones possible.

Over and out ;)

From a fellow Cornish lass, best of luck. It sounds as though you have the determination to do this and you know you can too. With all that's going in your life you are doing remarkably well.

Keep up all the hard work and you will reach your dream of the good life. I wish you all the best, I really do. Keep the faith and best of luck. xxx

Aww thankyou! How i miss those beaches and rolling hills....and the trees! I should say I miss the pasty's and clotted cream, but we won't go there ;)

and best of luck with your journey xx

Thanks a lot. I must say the pasties and clotted cream have been part of my downfall. Too many tasty treats down this end of the country to avoid. Will be avoiding in the future though.

Thanks a lot. I must say the pasties and clotted cream have been part of my downfall. Too many tasty treats down this end of the country to avoid. Will be avoiding in the future though.

Its all pies up here :cry::cry::cry::D

Well, I am 35 and live on the Yorkshire Moors with my partner and two wonderful children.

My start weight is 16 stone and 8lb. And I am a size 20-22.

Putting on so much weight has changed me alot. I was once a carefree hippy type girl that didn't worry about too much. Even large problem always had a rosy outsome for me. Over the last two years I have dealt with many things, the death of my Mum, my partner having a breakdown and also moving house 300 miles from my home in Cornwall. All of this took a toll and I ate for England! (and Scotland, ireland and Wales) In moving I also had to give up my client base (I'm a tattooist) and now care full time for my partner who was diagnosed with Bipolar.

I haven't managed to make any friends up here yet, as mostly i'm housebound for my partner.

Anyway, thats the background. I am desperate to take control of my life again, and sweep this defeatest attitude I have under the carpet once and for all.

If I don't do it who else will? Its down to me and my willpower, and finding this site is a godsend.

I ahve my first weigh in tomorrow (excited!!) and have got through the last week relatively easily.

There have been hairy moments, where for a split second I have wanted to wrap it in, and i'm sure there are many more to come. But I know if I fail this, I will beat myself up about it for years to come. I really want to be able to accomplish something and be proud for me.

Also my determination is helping my partner, I can't let his illness become mine, so i am doing this for me and me alone.

I don't want my kids to grow up thinking its ok to fat. I want them to be as healthy and as happy as possible.

Our dream is to live on a self sufficient farm and raise a few animals, I know right now I would never have the stamina to do that, so my bigger dream helps me make smaller ones possible.

Over and out ;)
Hi Demaris
I know how you feel, we have a choice and like you I am fed up with being overweight. This is a good site if I can only figure out how it works, am stumbling round in the dark so hope this gets to you, how I will view any reply I have no idea. Matronix

Good luck for WI tomorrow x

Demaris.. i have a few likeness,es there with you
understand loosing mum as well, may yours and mine rest peacefully
i moved 650 miles too ireland last august 08, too beautiful galway bay.
im a single mum of two daughters ella 14 and laura 10, and i moved here mainly for them london was getting scary when i looked at a future for them

my only friend and only family is my brother he lives round the corner and i dont know what i would do without him.

i wish you all the best and im here if you ever want a natter.
xx and hugs oxoxo claire

Demaris, I have everything crossed for an amazing WI tomorrow - which I'm sure it will be. You have made the right decision and it is another step in your transformation that you were able to share all that with us. I for one feel honoured and pleased that you shared it. I started my journey at over 18 stone and was very unhappy with the whole me, even though I put on a brave face for the world. You have to when you are a teacher otherwise the little blighters will use it against you - I teach teenagers and they are not known for their sympathetic natures!!! I can definitely say that I am far more confident these days and that is not just down to the weight loss, but also because I am happier in myself these days.

Good luck with your journey, I know you will find it worthwhile in all aspects.

x

Hi Demaris and good luck for your weigh in tomorrow.
You seem to have had a lot of thinking lately and you have made some wise choices. I am sure you will continue to do well.
All the very best for the future hun and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Whooooooo I lost 10lb....thats the same weight as my son when he was born! :D:D

Now for another week ;)

:DThat's fantastic! Am hoping for around the same on Saturday - and now I know that it can be done, i can't wait! Inspiring.:)

Zx

:DThat's fantastic! Am hoping for around the same on Saturday - and now I know that it can be done, i can't wait! Inspiring.:)

Zx

Zoe, it is so worth it...keep going saturday will soon be here :)

Demaris.. i have a few likeness,es there with you
understand loosing mum as well, may yours and mine rest peacefully
i moved 650 miles too ireland last august 08, too beautiful galway bay.
im a single mum of two daughters ella 14 and laura 10, and i moved here mainly for them london was getting scary when i looked at a future for them

my only friend and only family is my brother he lives round the corner and i dont know what i would do without him.

i wish you all the best and im here if you ever want a natter.
xx and hugs oxoxo claire

Thankyou Mushroom, its hard to lose a Mum, i keep thinking I want to ring her and tell her all about this then realise I can't. But I feel her, I know she is supporting me from afar.

Where you live sounds idylic, we are hoping eventually to move to mid wales, somewhere remote....bliss!

Hugs to you xx

My daily routine has been all upside down today. I left the house at 9:30 to get two buses for my appointment so didn't drink much water this morning. Also my (lovely) son managed to pull the tap off the bath (the top that screws in) so I had to scramble unto a cupboard to switch water off before I left. It was at this point I wished I was a size 12!!

When I got to my appointment I was too nervous to drink anything!

I asked my advisor about the 'flapjacks' - and I use that term lightly!! So, she gave me one to try....and OMG!! Why do they call them flapjacks??? I never tasted anything so gross in all my life! The more I chewed to get it away the bigger it got lol. That will not be on my menu for this week!

So, I came away 10lb lighter and a bag ful of chocolate and vanilla (i'm ditching the strawberry) and 2 soups to try. Although after trying the flapjack I don't really hold out much hope for the soup lol

I was so inspired by my loss that I decided to walk the mile back to town as it was a beautiful day. And I felt great for it. So I have decided as I feel much better, this week i will start some exersise.

A great day :):):)

Hi demaris.. defo add pepper or maybe some chilli powder or paprika to the soup, it is yummy then.. but hey.. i love the peanut flapjacks hehe.. well done on your loss xxx

Hi demaris.. defo add pepper or maybe some chilli powder or paprika to the soup, it is yummy then.. but hey.. i love the peanut flapjacks hehe.. well done on your loss xxx

Ooooh will defo try that, i'm quite looking forward to it now! :)

Ooooooh I tried the chicken soup added a bit of pepper and some chilli and paprika (not too much) and it was really nice! It reminded me of the cup a soup ones. There was a slight sweet taste which I pretended was sweetcorn ;-)

I think I can live with that for tea for a while until I get bored with it!

Thanks for the tip! :D

Congrats on the wi result Demaris. Great first week loss. Keep up the good work and the rest will follow. Good luck.

Congrats on the wi result Demaris. Great first week loss. Keep up the good work and the rest will follow. Good luck.

Thankyou so much...its a good feeling isnt it :)

Back