Depot Injection and weightloss...

:8855:

Or go gay lol

Have a look on the site that spaceangel left a link for - there was a section for each type of contraception there, nothing's permanent other than getting sterilised completely so if something doesn't work for you, come off it and try again!

hahahaha maybe you cheeky lady XXX they do let you have the coil if you ant had kids it's just more painful to place thats all. The cap aint so bad if you can be botherefd to put it in 3 hoursa before take it out 3 after it's just alot of faffing around and not very spontaneous and femidoms look like aldi bags so i wouldn bother with them. My sis has the hormone coil and she cant take the pill like me and she has been ok with it plus she has really bad skin and it appears to have cleared it so i suppose it''s just whats best for you hon.

i've just come off the depo after going on it three times in the past....this last time was awful ( 2.5yrs on it now ) and it was hellish, i lost all interest in sex, my mood was constant low i had the shakes and worse of all my hair is coming out in handfulls...i get in the bath and its full of hair ( luckily i have lots of hair and it doesn't show ) but i have noticed its finer at the front.

and i had thyriod checks twice to make sure it wasn't down to that

i had the depo for about 3 years and had no problems atall on it. i stopped about 3 months ago and still not got a period back. i didnt gain any weight tho really. i stopped because i heard you can get osteoporosis if you have it for along time. im wondering about having the implant because i still dont wanna have periods but im terrified ill put on all the weight that i have lost!!

i was on depo for about 7 years cause of my crohns and scared of the pill tablet not taking effect if i have a bad night. was then told that i was on the verge of osteoperosis and went on the implant. i now have high blood pressure and have been told that should try cerazette (SP) as is progesterone only mini pill

i had cerezet as its better for me to have cause of diabetes. and it made me bleed constantly. i think it just shows everyones bodys will react to things differently!!

wish i was a man lol

just out of curiosity, i dont know much about WHY the injections, pills and implants make you put on weight and was wondering whether it was down to making you want to eat more and eat the wrong things r whther your body doesnt process the food the same. so if you consume the same amount of cals, fat and portion sizes etc. after as you did before injection/pill/implant will you put on weight? i dont know if ive put the question quite right but i have the implant and im finding it very very difficult to shift these final lbs!!! it also gives me horredously irregular periods that can go on for a month at a time :(

I honestly don't know abigail.... common sense would say if you consume more energy then you use then you put on weight.

However - I have really been trying hard to lose weight this time but haven't really got anywhere..... I did it last time and lost a stone in a month (and cheated a hell of a lot more than I am now).

Ohhh I dunno! I'll ask my doctor when I go though x

its interesting i have just been trying to find out but cant really understand. surely if your eating the same way now as you were before then you should be losing the same amount of weight (thereabouts). some sites are suggesting that it increases appetite, well we all know that we can have big appetites and still loose weight so it leads me to believe that because of the different hormones your body might process food slightly differently, maybe try to store fat more etc. im not a doctor so i dont really know what im talking about just curious really.

if its appetite then obv 'dieting' shouldnt be any different as long as your eating the 'right' stuff. if its hormonal then it could be the reason a lot of us ladies struggle, i know i put on weight after getting my implant fitted but put it down mainly to eating out more with my boyfriend however i wasnt eating that differently really.

Hmn try googling the topic for more info. I read an article saying on the whole there's not much difference between reported weight gain between women on the pill (or whatnot) and those who aren't on anything.

There was a bit about if you're prone to insulin resistance (hense people mentioning about having diabetes etc) some kinds of contraception won't help the situation. If you're having probs and you're fairly certain there's nothing else that could be causing weight gain or making you struggle with losing weight then best bringing this up with your doctor :)

from net doctor "It is not clear whether this documented weight gain is related to the progestogen content of the pill, or linked to an increase in appetite."

so there we have it not even the experts know!!

my daughter had the rod, and she has been on a period more then off. Doc gave her some more hormone pills to settle it down.They didnt work ,so she went back -she wanted it out ,doc said hang on try these pills I paid £7.
When we got home I googled the pill names and it turned out they were anti-biotics !!I did my nut. So I googled it more and doctors in the US are doing a trial on them to see if they will ease the bleeding and are encouraging doctors in uk to do the same !!!
So I paid £7 for some stupid trial.
She has now phoned up to ask them to remove rod ,doctor said he will remove it but what contraception was she thinking of having next?
Daughter said pill- he said he wont prescribe it cos of her migraines GGGRRRR. I bet another doctor will, dont like this one anyway he's pervy

i really hate doctors cause some say different things to others. there is only 1 i like at my surgery only problem is so does every1 else so i have to wait about 2 weeks if i want to see him. i was told by my family planning clinic when i asked will the depo make me gain weight she said 'it increases your apetite so only if you eat more' but i dont think thats true for everyone i think its half that and half the hormones in them, cause it cant do much good having all that hormone

Well, from what I could gather. Its a mixture of both. Because of the huge amounts of hormornes in the depo, it increases estrogen and the body thinks it is preparing for childbirth, therefore it mimics pregnancy and also increased appetite. The weight gain on depo is confusing because at first I had not changed any eating habits, but was steadily gaining weight that would not shift. Then, my body became used to the starchy carbs I was craving and the habit was formed. Now that I am off that crap, I am regaining control again. Every body is different but depo can most certainly be a cause of weight gain and loss of bone density/hair. Dont know what kinda BC to use now but am going to do my research properly this time. Was thin on the mini-pill back in the day... hummm

Blimey. This is all a bit scary. I was planning on going for Depo as soon as we've made a final 'no more babies' decision, but I am completely put off by your comments. O/T but....what other choices are there?

I'm on pill, have been forever. Don't fancy the coil or diaphragm. No way to condoms. What else is there? Or am I still going to be popping pills when I'm seventy?????!!

Back