Depressed...I hate my life...please help!

IM SENDING YOU A GREAT BIG HUG hope you feel better soon qnd good luck with your Lipotrim Linda xx

Watch me shrink

There is so much I want to say to you, but first, I give you the biggest tightest hug ever.

I have been overweight all my life. I've always been the fat one.
There are people here who can give you motivation adn great advice on losing weight, listen to tehm, and use your mum for support too.

I can only share with you my experience, and from that my advice- which you do not have to take.

I am running a marathon in 5 weeks time. I am not athletic, i do not look like a runner, my bits wobble all over the place. But I am doing it because I've worked since March on doing it. I am naming each mile after a special person, and one of those is the teenage me. If there is anyway I can send that back to me when I was your age, and help her then, I'd be helping me a lot now too (if that makes sense).

What I would tell the 18 year old me:
You are loved. You are beautiful. Your value is not measured by the amount of friends around you, nor by the clothes you wear nor the places you go. Your value is measured by the goodness in your heart. You have the potential to be anyone you want to be. You think those people around you are more important, they are not. They are as important as you are. They are not concerned with you, but trying to find their feet in the world too. You do not want to be the girl who peaks at high school.

Breathe. Appreciate the little things. Please understand that you are finding your feet, finding out who the real you is. And wait to you see, she is perfect. Shall I tell you a secret? We are already perfect. Pull back the insecurity and there we are.

One day, you will run 20 miles, and live, and go back and do the same, with a smile on your face. Goals are there to be achieved. You are powerful. You are loving an you are loved.

Watch me shrink, if this is something you truly want, then work for it. Appreciate every step you make. It is one step closer to the person you want to be. What are the things you value in life? Tie your goal into that. (I value hard work thus the sense of achievement of the marathon, I do not value slim, which is why i find it hard to stay "healthy" at times)

Please do not focus on your weight to teh detriment of all else. You are more than your body, more than your weight. Enjoy your body - it is teh best instrument you will ever own (A la Buz lehrman). Look after it, do not punish it.
The other thing I would say is you are 18, adn genuinely it is easier to lose weight now than when older. Saying that, there are plenty of opportunities so if you have a bad day, don;t sweat it, get back on the next day.

Watch me shrink- you are more than your weight. You are powerful, and you have so much to offer. Please believe in yourself, we allbelieve in you, but we cannot live in your soul adn remind you of that every moment of every day- You need to believe in yourself to be in with a shot, and you deserve the best.

Good luck.

Watch me shrink

There is so much I want to say to you, but first, I give you the biggest tightest hug ever.

There are people here who can give you motivation adn great advice on losing weight, listen to tehm, and use your mum for support too.

I can only share with you my experience, and from that my advice- which you do not have to take.

I am running a marathon in 5 weeks time. I am not athletic, i do not look like a runner, my bits wobble all over the place. But I am doing it because I've worked since March on doing it. I am naming each mile after a special person, and one of those is the teenage me. If there is anyway I can send that back to me when I was your age, and help her then, I'd be helping me a lot now too (if that makes sense).

You are loved. You are beautiful. Your value is not measured by the amount of friends around you, nor by the clothes you wear nor the places you go. Your value is measured by the goodness in your heart. You have the potential to be anyone you want to be. You think those people around you are more important, they are not. They are as important as you are. They are not concerned with you, but trying to find their feet in the world too. You do not want to be the girl who peaks at high school.

Breathe. Appreciate the little things. Please understand that you are finding your feet, finding out who the real you is. And wait to you see, she is perfect. Shall I tell you a secret? We are already perfect. Pull back the insecurity and there we are.

One day, you will run 20 miles, and live, and go back and do the same, with a smile on your face. Goals are there to be achieved. You are powerful. You are loving an you are loved.

Watch me shrink, if this is something you truly want, then work for it. Appreciate every step you make. It is one step closer to the person you want to be. What are the things you value in life? Tie your goal into that. (I value hard work thus the sense of achievement of the marathon, I do not value slim, which is why i find it hard to stay "healthy" at times)

Please do not focus on your weight to teh detriment of all else. You are more than your body, more than your weight. Enjoy your body - it is teh best instrument you will ever own (A la Buz lehrman). Look after it, do not punish it.
The other thing I would say is you are 18, adn genuinely it is easier to lose weight now than when older. Saying that, there are plenty of opportunities so if you have a bad day, don;t sweat it, get back on the next day.

Watch me shrink- you are more than your weight. You are powerful, and you have so much to offer. Please believe in yourself, we allbelieve in you, but we cannot live in your soul adn remind you of that every moment of every day- You need to believe in yourself to be in with a shot, and you deserve the best.

Good luck.
Awh thankyou sooo much....your words are so kind! Wow...I find your weight loss inspiring :) .....Look at all the Marathons you have taken part in :O....U must be fit x Reading your reply has made me feel much better about myself...I finally feel like I am on the right path and things can only get better now :)

Week 1-
Week 2-
Week 3-

I wish you the very best in your marathon :)
Nd thanks once again ;)

Week 1-
Week 2-
Week 3-

Watch me shrink

Good luck.

Oh Kellierocks where were you when I was 18? what a lovely post!
Watchmeshrink, I have nothing to add to these inspiring words, except I was overweight when I was 18, I went on a heallty eating plan and lost all the extra weight, looked amazing, have been married 3 times, got two gorgeous children. I'm now in my 50's and unfortunately have gained a lot back, but I was slim for a long time. What I mean to say is that life is an amazing journey, its true its not all about weight but how you feel inside!
Stick with us kid, you can help us all through too!
I'm watching this space ;)

wow that is exactly how i felt this year. Exactly! I wouldnt go to the shops unless it was dark. Wore same black joggers that were wearing on inside of thighs. Not sleeping, crying self eventually to sleep. Feelin awful. Omg yeah. But harsh reality was noone can do it for you. And if you dont like somethin ya have to change it yaself. But wait the good bit is, there's decent ppl here to support you and you'll feel so strong when you do (and ohhhh YOU WILL) get to that aim. Shouldnt take somethin like this when ya at ya lowest to find out who real ppl are. But once the weight starts fallin off, make your choices wisely babe. Anyone that wasnt there for ya when ya were larger - tell em jog on. They're not worth it. And seriously we might be on the end of a monitor but we understand and we are here for you. I can give you my facebook if you want. You're in such an exciting stage of the start of a new beginning and life. You should be buzzing. And you wont be goin back to that dark hole! Every week with the weigh in and loss will be a few steps out of that well. Ya're at your lowest only way is onward and upward. C'mon girl! And thanks for bein so honest. Its hard to take this in at the moment but you WILL look back in a month and feel better and in 3 months you'll be like OMG thank bleep i dont feel like that and be slim, happier and out and about again. One thing is though, make sure you start doing some things you think you'd enjoy - a new craft/hobby. Meet like minded cool ppl that way too. As feelin completely happy and sorted doesnt just come from losing weight - but yeah it does flippin help! And once you've lost ya first stone it will give ya that push and confidence to sort the inner beauty blah out. It is important hun. We're all rooting for ya. I didnt think i'd be sittin here sayin this. My life fell apart! I broke my leg, lost my job - i was a model and dancer, my whole life revolved around ppl liking me cos i looked good. Its done me a massive favour, as there's more to life. It will take will power, wont be easy but it will be worth it. Try to be excited about the metamorphis ya're about to embark on babe!! as thats truly what it is. Think bout it all ya gotta do is stick to it n wait for time to pass!! thats it!! good luck xx

wow that is exactly how i felt this year. Exactly! I wouldnt go to the shops unless it was dark. Wore same black joggers that were wearing on inside of thighs. Not sleeping, crying self eventually to sleep. Feelin awful. Omg yeah. But harsh reality was noone can do it for you. And if you dont like somethin ya have to change it yaself. But wait the good bit is, there's decent ppl here to support you and you'll feel so strong when you do (and ohhhh YOU WILL) get to that aim. Shouldnt take somethin like this when ya at ya lowest to find out who real ppl are. But once the weight starts fallin off, make your choices wisely babe. Anyone that wasnt there for ya when ya were larger - tell em jog on. They're not worth it. And seriously we might be on the end of a monitor but we understand and we are here for you. I can give you my facebook if you want. You're in such an exciting stage of the start of a new beginning and life. You should be buzzing. And you wont be goin back to that dark hole! Every week with the weigh in and loss will be a few steps out of that well. Ya're at your lowest only way is onward and upward. C'mon girl! And thanks for bein so honest. Its hard to take this in at the moment but you WILL look back in a month and feel better and in 3 months you'll be like OMG thank bleep i dont feel like that and be slim, happier and out and about again. One thing is though, make sure you start doing some things you think you'd enjoy - a new craft/hobby. Meet like minded cool ppl that way too. As feelin completely happy and sorted doesnt just come from losing weight - but yeah it does flippin help! And once you've lost ya first stone it will give ya that push and confidence to sort the inner beauty blah out. It is important hun. We're all rooting for ya. I didnt think i'd be sittin here sayin this. My life fell apart! I broke my leg, lost my job - i was a model and dancer, my whole life revolved around ppl liking me cos i looked good. Its done me a massive favour, as there's more to life. It will take will power, wont be easy but it will be worth it. Try to be excited about the metamorphis ya're about to embark on babe!! as thats truly what it is. Think bout it all ya gotta do is stick to it n wait for time to pass!! thats it!! good luck xx

Awh thanks hun, I would love ur facebook add x x x

Hey Watch me shrink......hope it's going well.....I have read this post today and just like to say to you that this forum will give you the best support you need....touch base and watch yourself shrink.....don't forget it's how beautiful you are in the inside that counts!!! Good luck this week my dear!!;)

Hey how's it going? Are you shrinking? X
Hey Sandra :) I added u on facebook lol x
There was a lot going on when I was going to start on lipo at that stage and believe it or not I havnt started til today...I've had my first shake..choco..nd i'm buzzing...I'm feeling really optimistic this time....I have no choice but to do it now coz nothing fits on my fat ass anymore lol I'm 210 now...could I be aound 182 lbs by xmas??.....I mean is 2 stone from today til xmas possible do ye think? x x And again guys...thanks for your support x x :)

There was a lot going on when I was going to start on lipo at that stage and believe it or not I havnt started til today...I've had my first shake..choco..nd i'm buzzing...I'm feeling really optimistic this time....I have no choice but to do it now coz nothing fits on my fat ass anymore lol I'm 210 now...could I be round 182 lbs by xmas?? x x x

That is a great possibility watch.... Stay 100% and you should get there x x x

Thankyou hun x I wanna be able to wear something decent that wont be bursting at the seams on new years eve lol x x

Last edited:
There was a lot going on when I was going to start on lipo at that stage and believe it or not I havnt started til today...I've had my first shake..choco..nd i'm buzzing...I'm feeling really optimistic this time....I have no choice but to do it now coz nothing fits on my fat ass anymore lol I'm 210 now...could I be aound 182 lbs by xmas??.....I mean is 2 stone from today til xmas possible do ye think? x x And again guys...thanks for your support x x :)

Will go and look for you! You'll find Su on my page and Kerry and Jayne too if you haven't already!

Anything is possible especially if you have a really good first week!

Good luck, we look forward to watching you shrink xxxx

By all means add me hun, but send me a message with the request telling me who you are or i will think you are dodgy!!! lol x x

Thankyou hun x I wanna be able to wear something decent that wont be bursting at the seams on new years eve lol x x

I keep looking at dresses.. In my head i want to wear one, but i don't feel right in one..

In the last 10 years i have worn a dress once.. and that was for my wedding!! Joe hasn't seen me in a dress before that, or since!! lol

Keep positive hun, come on here for support and you will be fine x x

hey babe.. i know this time in your life is quite hard,, especially with college etc, but if it helps if often felt like that too! a few months ago i didnt want to leave the house because i thought everybody would be looking at me and saying how big i was. I didnt want to see any of my friends because i was scared of what they would say behind my back!..
I think those feelings are what get us to want to change! i refuse to be like this anymore...

ive often said to myself that its lose weight or my life is over.. its a euphamism but it keeps be going because i know i cant live my life properly at t his weight.
I know that theres a happy person inside.. theres a happy person inside you too.

Dont let this get you down, do something now! we are all here to support youa s much as we can!
Your mom will support you too, you know you can do it, youve done it before and you can do it again! you can be happy babes.
take control of this before it gets worse and you feel even worse. If you take control now, you will feel happy for being in control of your life and your confidence and self esteem will grow.!!
You can do it, we all can,, we are all making that change to make ourselves happy..

why not start the diet and then maybe join a yoga class or a swimming class (something not to strenuous) or something where you can meet new people and new friends?
Its always good to make friends outside of your college or school friends...

best of luck babe,, you can do this, you know you can,, were all here to support you,,
chin up,, youll get there and you will be happy,,,

lots of hugs xxx

Back