DEPRESSED!!!!

Jenny40

Went for 2nd weigh in today - lost 3lbs, 8 lbs last week which am pleased about but tonite I've eaten everything u could think of - bread, pasta, chocolate, I feel sick cos I've really binged and now feel so depressed cos all hard work is ruined and now I've got a massive headache, help! x

hey jenny,

sorry u are feeling depressed chick. i too lost 8lbs last week and although ive been 100% i reckon ill be lucky to get 3 off this week. and i was thinking about it today, knowing full well that if i have a bad loss on the scales that i will head straight for food. i dont know why i do this. but i suppose knowing and planning ahead to stop myself will help me.
dont worry too much about ur indulgence today. look at it this way, if u hadnt started cd when u did and u ate what u did you'd be a lot worse. and u have 11lbs off which is amazing for 2 weeks.
just think if u can get thru another week and lose another 3 then you will have a stone shifted :D:D:D

so pet just try to forget about what u ate today and start afresh in the morning with the determination to shift another 3lbs and focus on that for the rest of the week.

and by next weigh in you will be either a stone lighter or very near it. just try to take it day by day. hour by hour if u need to.
hope ur feeling better in the morning hun xxx

Thanks so much for your advice, your right gonna go to bed now and start again in the morning. There's nothing I can do about the binge now anyway. x

Thanks so much for your advice, your right gonna go to bed now and start again in the morning. There's nothing I can do about the binge now anyway. x

thats the spirit hun. just put it behind you and forget it happened and treat 2moro as if it were ur first day on CD. hope 2moro is a better day for u chick. if u need a chat or a bit of support im always on here xx

How's today going for u jenny..?? Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If you learn from it, then in some ways it's been a positive experience.

Firstly, you haven't undone anything. It's not great and it obviously won't help your weight loss, but if you hadn't been good for the rest of the time then it would've been worse. Think of your weight loss as climbing a hill. If you stumble and fall down a couple of steps, you haven't ended up back at the bottom, and to just say 'oh well sod it then' and go back down is cheating yourself. You look for what you stumbled on, and carry on upwards while using your experience to avoid falling again.

Think about what triggered the binge, how you felt during and after, what you were trying to achieve and possible ways you can achieve that feeling without turning to food.

Using food as a coping mechanism is pretty socially acceptable, so it's very common. Once you've learned that, it's very hard to unlearn but there are other ways. I have completely broken my emotional eating cycle (unfortunately for me that meant I got complacent and let lazy habits creep back in!) and when I feel stressed now I never think about what I can eat to feel better. I have a hot bath or go for a walk, so changing your habits IS doable.

It's really important that you don't beat yourself up, because I think self loathing is a fairly big reason a lot of us put on weight in the first place.

What's important is learning to manage your weight, not just the numbers on the scales. Slip ups are part and parcel of that learning process.

Hiya I'm ok today thanks, decided to stay off cd for weekend and then back on it Monday for two weeks ss cos got two weeks supply yesterday from CDC cos I get 10 percent discount if I go for weigh in every two weeks instead of one. Feel ok about binge last night cos what's the point of fretting. I'm 11 stone 12 now so hopefully when I go for next weigh in in two weeks I will b under 11 - that's a little optimistic but need to be, just hope I don't sabotage it cos I always seems to go funny around 11 stone 2/3lbs and then start putting weight back on. Crazy! Hope you are having a good day x

Thanks for advice as well toller-girl, all the replies are really helping me to put things into perspective. Just seems that this dieting lark has been going on forever - 25 years tbh!! New day today - yesterday is past x

Back