• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Depression and Slimming World

Law Ram

S: 15st11lb C: 14st10lb G: 11st11lb BMI: 30.5 Loss: 1st1lb(6.79%)
Question here: I have been put back on my anti depressants again. Problem is I get quite a few of the side effects and the main one is feeling very very sick. I know I have to eat but I am struggling to find anything I want that wont make me feel rough. Can anyone suggest anything? This morning I had one of the Xmas pudding bars and I am regretting that massively now. Thank you in advance

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 11st12lb C: 11st8lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 23.2 Loss: 0st4lb(2.41%)
Hi! Sorry to hear you are back on medication but good to hear you are getting help!!

Is it naseua you are feeling? If so, bananas a great for sickness, so they could be a good snack or maybe before a meal to help you stop feeling sick.

Also, you could look ip some recipes that include ginger, as it is also a great help for sickness!

Xx

I have the same problem if it doesn't settle see your gp

I use anti sickness daily this helps massively

Small meals help. I usually stop at 1/2 full to avoid being sick

Fennel tea mint tea

Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

S: 14st7lb C: 14st4.5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 31.4 Loss: 0st2.5lb(1.23%)
Hi Law Ram,

Firstly, good on you for seeking out help with your depression. I'm a mental health nurse and if your sickness continues, you really should see your GP about swapping anti-depressants. Sometimes certain anti-depressants just don't agree with us, and no matter how many times they're increased or decreased, the side effects may stay the same. I would warn you to check with your GP before you take any anti sickness tablets too! I agree with seanamall21 though - bananas could be a great option. Good luck!