Depression and Slimming World

Law Ram

Question here: I have been put back on my anti depressants again. Problem is I get quite a few of the side effects and the main one is feeling very very sick. I know I have to eat but I am struggling to find anything I want that wont make me feel rough. Can anyone suggest anything? This morning I had one of the Xmas pudding bars and I am regretting that massively now. Thank you in advance

Hi! Sorry to hear you are back on medication but good to hear you are getting help!!

Is it naseua you are feeling? If so, bananas a great for sickness, so they could be a good snack or maybe before a meal to help you stop feeling sick.

Also, you could look ip some recipes that include ginger, as it is also a great help for sickness!

Xx

I have the same problem if it doesn't settle see your gp

I use anti sickness daily this helps massively

Small meals help. I usually stop at 1/2 full to avoid being sick

Fennel tea mint tea

Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I was going to suggest anti-sickness. I've used Motilium in the past and you can get them over the counter or on prescription. Just check with your GP first.

Hi Law Ram,

Firstly, good on you for seeking out help with your depression. I'm a mental health nurse and if your sickness continues, you really should see your GP about swapping anti-depressants. Sometimes certain anti-depressants just don't agree with us, and no matter how many times they're increased or decreased, the side effects may stay the same. I would warn you to check with your GP before you take any anti sickness tablets too! I agree with seanamall21 though - bananas could be a great option. Good luck!

Back