Depression - it's a b**ch...

OMG I remember too....like having a brick between your legs............used to walk like John Wayne lol

So exciting wasn't it. Especially as you were presented with a new ex large suitcase so you could take a couple of the pads to school to change (which was usually necessary within 30 mins:rolleyes:)

"....remember when you wore those elastic belts that had clips to hold big thick pads for 'that' time of the month? Dr Whites I believe..."

OMG Yes! Mine was a salmon pink colour. They were just SOOO uncomfortable. That, together with the terrible pain and the mess meant that I soon learned to dread the time when 'my country cousins came visiting' as my gran would say.

"...Sorry...did you want this discussion on your thread:eek: ..."

Absolutely, Karion. Anything to cheer us up!:D

Hi everyone & in particular AJ

What made me come onto this site today.............??? I have not been around for a while, but I too struggle with depression and being in denial that I have it for a very long time........I am not too sure if I am ready to go & get some help, but I do need it.

I have had a really rough few months and the weight has started to creep back on & I am terrified of going back to that person, that is the last thing I need right now, a weight problem on top of everything else.

Thank god I came on here today, reading your posts maeks me relaise that I am not alone, just like I was not alone is fighting my weight.

Bless you all
x

Hi Skinny

Sorry to hear that all is not well with you, I feel I know you, as 'TOOTSIE' is a good friend in RL and I know you both started LL at the same time. I have read and re-read the huge thread that you all posted on including AJ at the time which was such an inspiration.

Hope you get sorted, take care and good luck

Sun
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya Skinny, good to see your name on here again:). Sorry it's been a struggle; as Dancing says, thinking about getting help is scary. Good for you for accepting you need some. Keep posting - you're definitely not alone!

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your posts, I have missed it terribly - feel bad for not posting for ages, was enjoying beong slim toot much I suppose.

Hya Sun thanks for your post, how is Toots doing, not heard from her in ages.........

Anyway back to the packs for me for a few weeks to get me back on track as cannot afford to put more weight on - do not want it to get out of control again. I have a 4/6 weeks of abstinence ahead of me to get off what I have put on, I am determined to do it.

I know I will get support from you guys - thanks & thanks for the PM AJ really appreciate it.

xSkinnyx

I think the hardest thing for me was going to my GP and I walked in the door, sat down and when she asked what was up, I broke down and sat and cried for the next 20mins!!! Not the composure I was looking for but it was a relief to be able to talk to someone about it who could help me.
Always the hardest step but worthwhile. It gives you the coping strategy to sort out the underlying problem, which, in my case, I didn't do and here I am again. Oops!
Good luck skinnyminny in the weight loss and I hope you pluck up the courage to go and seek help for the depression.
xx
swbt

Hi Skinny,

Toosie, is great and is managing to maintain her weight, she still working for the champagne company (such an apt job lol!) and is enjoying life, if it wasnt for her then I wouldnt have done LL myself. She did my daughters make up on her wedding day back in July. I will send her your love when I next see her.

As for you Skinny, for whatever personal demons you are facing at the moment, you have made the decision and recognised that you need LL and minis and for that you need a HUGE congratulations and a big hug

hugs202.gif

take care

sun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey AJ :D
Haven't been around for a bit but this thread has been really interesting reading and I'm so pleased that you (and all of the other gorgeous Mini's in this situation) have gone out and got the help that you need.
I always remember you telling me that you had done your entire LL journey in full on adapted child mode so I guess there are a number of things to unwrap around this. I hope you get all of the help and support that you need to work through it :)

It made me think about where I've been the last few years, and whilst I certainly didn't ever label myself as being 'depressed', my behaviour over a 5 year period certainly fell in line with being very depressed.

A month into LL and I just knew i was going to need to enlist the help of some external support. I'm so pleased I did. It truly has been the most remarkable year. I've unearthed all sorts of stuff (which of course led to the wheels falling off in Development), and I'm still learning and managing my LL Development stuff. I felt incredibly short changed that I hadn't been able to get to goal *before* the issues started to really rear their head!! I was so incredibly p***ed off!!! But that's how it's worked out for me, and I am dealing with it all - I really am.
There is so much to be said in my experience around the magic wand syndrome and shifting the cemented belief around life becoming 100% dream like the minute the weight has gone. It's so untrue. But of course that can never be a regret, it's just given the clarity to actually deal with what's going on for us all individually.
I shall keep popping into this thread to see how everyone's doing.
:)

Back