Depression - it's a b**ch...

Hia Sarah (Sez)

A secret thumb sucker, eh. Seems like a harmless, comforting, relaxing habit. I am a nail biter and I hate it because it is a very visible horrible habit. I am glad you have decided to see your GP for a chat though, it'll be interesting to see if it helps...

Take care now,
AmandaJayne

Hia Sarah (westiegirl)

"...relief of talking about it lifted my mood..."

Doesn't it just, though. I didn't have an outlet anywhere to talk about it, but it was such a relief to get it off my chest. My GP asked such searching questions too, some of which I didn't have an answer for.

Still looking forward to seeing you during Christmas...hopefully I'll be let off the leash to come for a wee drink at a nice quiet pub (!) in Llandudno!
AmandaJayne

Mrs L

"moved house!!!"
and still had a moment to post your lovely comments here...thanks hun! Go and put your feet up with a nice cup of tea now...or is it time to open that bottle of wine...
AmandaJayne

Karion,

You know that, even when you think you have nothing to say, you still say it with style and panache (hey, isn't that a perfume from the 70's?)

Hope you can locate your 'happy' head and kick the other one into touch...

AmandaJayne

Madhatter,

You have raised some interesting points here. It sounds like a fab idea to arrange for extra counselling support to help you deal with issues which may come up once you stop using your 'drug' of choice (food). That had never occured to me, but it does seem that my weight issues are tied up with other stuff, and it may not be as simple as just losing the excess weight. Hmmm, food for thought.

Its great to have you posting on this thread, the more the merrier...

AmandaJayne

Dancing,

Thanks for that helpful link. I have had a quick decco and will return to browse it later. It looks like a good site though.

Still looking forward to seeing you during Christmas...hopefully I'll be let off the leash to come for a wee drink at a nice quiet pub (!) in Llandudno!
AmandaJayne

I hope you'll be able to organise some free time as I really enjoyed our last meet up very much :D

I'm sure we will be able to find a place that is suitably quiet for a good catch up!

"...Yes, but at least they're smaller drawers now!!! LOL!!!..."

Hehehe Sez!

To digress a bit, does anyone remember Tweed, another evocative perfume from the 70's?

AJ

Hang on. I still have Charlie in my drawers too.

OMG, that sounds even worse:eek:

I do remember Tweed. My mum wore it a lot.

What was the name of the girls toiletries that Avon used to sell. I want to call it Pretty Polly, but that's the name of ladies tights etc so probably not that :D

I always had it for Xmas though. Made me feel very grownup :)

Don't know why I could remember. I could picture it and remembered it had a little peach shaped top. So cute. Of course in those days a young girl would never wear grown up perfume. Eeee, them were the days:rolleyes:

"...Hang on. I still have Charlie in my drawers too..."

OMG Karion, you can't write things like that and not expect someone (i.e. me) to experience a 'tena' moment!

PMSL:giggle:

"...Hang on. I still have Charlie in my drawers too..."

OMG Karion, you can't write things like that and not expect someone (i.e. me) to experience a 'tena' moment!

PMSL:giggle:

:D That reminds me. Anybody remember when you wore those elastic belts that had clips to hold big thick pads for 'that' time of the month? Dr Whites I believe.

I remember getting very excited when they developed special pants with a plastic gusset. You would buy pads to slip into it.

the plastic would go all crisp in the wash:rolleyes: and the pads never stayed in place, but we were soooo lucky us girls;)

Sorry...did you want this discussion on your thread:eek:

:D That reminds me. Anybody remember when you wore those elastic belts that had clips to hold big thick pads for 'that' time of the month? Dr Whites I believe.

I remember getting very excited when they developed special pants with a plastic gusset. You would buy pads to slip into it.

the plastic would go all crisp in the wash:rolleyes: and the pads never stayed in place, but we were soooo lucky us girls;)

Sorry...did you want this discussion on your thread:eek:

OMG!! Yes!! I remember, at the tender age of 12 when "that" all started and my luvverly Mum presented me with those pads and the belt to hold them up..... What joy that was!! I felt soooo grown up !!

Back