Depression meds and lipotrim?

Diva2.0

I'm not on anything right now, but I've got some big life stuff happening and have been totally wrecked. :raincloud:Emotional fatigue etc. And I was just wondering if anybody else has been on something like Wellbutrin and Lipotrim and was willing to share. You can always send me a direct message if you don't want to reply here. But I could use advice.

Thanks so much,
Maire

I'm on citalopram amongst other stuff and it's all ok xx

From my understanding (and also some personal experience) dieting by itself can make you feel low.

After a few weeks you can feel pretty miserable even if you are much ligher.

Some of the VLCD literature says don't do it if you're depressed - suppose it depends on you...

I did the diet while not on meds (I refuse to take them now) and I did get worse but then I didn't care THAT much cos I was thinner so even though I was having much greater moodswings I felt logically it was worth it for a short time.

Depends on you, how you cope with stuff I think. Be sensible and keep an eye on yourself.

Gl x.

Thank you so much for the replies. . . I will give it some thought. Being over weight makes me MORE depressed. Its also why depression meds make me nervous. Some pack on the pounds. I've swimming along so, perhaps I will take more exercise, i.e. walking outside and keep on.

Can't wait to feel thin.

Maire

I'm on venex its a venloflaxine anti depressant had to call lipotrim helpline to make sure I could take them

Hi i am on nothing and am usually happy go lucky, but feel low on lipotrim.... low energy contributed to this and great mood swings.... feeling more energised now but would say becareful it made me feel yucky.... good luck with what ever you decide.... x

I am on two mess amityptline (possible spelt wrong) and resperidon(again spelt wrong ) neither seem o effect this diet r vice versa

(sorry had not finished saying what was saying) but I do get low very low in fact, sometimes all I do is cry other times I feel hopeless I not knw if that would be my mood or what

Oi. Okay. Well, I will think about this. Really, I should be able to hit goal in about six weeks. Surely, I can make it that long without going totally insane. :D

Thanks so much for sharing all your experiences. At least, I know that I am not alone. And that others are going through the same thing. I'd feel low anyway if I did low carb and that's what I'd be doing if not LT. :D

Back