Describe an event in your life that you are most proud of

chris_s

Less of a man each day
Just finishing a job app and it asked the above question.

I wrote the first thing that came to my mind and thought i'd share it. Welcome any constructive comments.

'Parenthood is my proudest achievement/event in life. It defines who I am and what I stand for.
It is a constant challenge with no two days the same and, although hard work at times, I am constantly rewarded.

My children have an unwavering faith in me which gives me the strength to face life's difficulties and bad events. They are a constant light that give me a clear purpose and ultimate direction.

I have a viewpoint that we are constantly learning, developing and evolving as people. I combine this with a life philosophy of helping yourself through helping others. My children represent life, hope, achievement and the future. I am able to pass on skills and lessons I've learned the hard way to them so they don't have to.

I help them to grow and develop which is a reward in itself. There is no greater pleasure than seeing a smile on someone's face and knowing you helped to put it there.'

My proudest achievement is sticking at driving and eventually passing my driving test. It took me 5 attempts and I was close to quitting after the 2nd test with the terrible instructor I had for the test who was horrible and knocked my confidence extremely bad. My first test I had two minor’s and failed because someone undertook me on a dual carriage way supposedly that was my fault as I was sticking to the speed limit in the fast lane (It was a test at lunch time and road was really busy so no gaps to change lane so I left it until I knew I had to cross over but stuck at speed limit full time, instructor I had was lovely apologised but said he had to as someone undertook me which was illegal L he finished by saying he was confident I would pass second time). My second test was with a witch of a driving instructor, I was going around a country lane very slowly as it was a completely blind corner and a tracktor shot out of a house so I had to do an emergency stop, the instructor said she didn’t feel safe in the car with me at this point despite me hitting brake before she did as she was going to do it!! So there went my already low confidence….!! My nerves continued to get the better of me for the next few tests always doing one silly thing and never having more than 5 minors!! However, I eventually passed in June this year J I didn’t quit and so glad I didn’t. J So there’s my story to my proudest achievement haha!!

Chris S.... That's absolutely spot on... that would have been my response too... i have a nearly 8 month old daughter & nearly 28 weeks pregnant with my little man... They are both by far my greatest achievements!! x

that's brilliant & hope that you get the job x

Mine is having my 2 babies as well xx

I can beat that!

My proudest achievement is sticking at driving and eventually passing my driving test. It took me 5 attempts and I was close to quitting after the 2nd test with the terrible instructor I had for the test who was horrible and knocked my confidence extremely bad. My first test I had two minor’s and failed because someone undertook me on a dual carriage way supposedly that was my fault as I was sticking to the speed limit in the fast lane (It was a test at lunch time and road was really busy so no gaps to change lane so I left it until I knew I had to cross over but stuck at speed limit full time, instructor I had was lovely apologised but said he had to as someone undertook me which was illegal L he finished by saying he was confident I would pass second time). My second test was with a witch of a driving instructor, I was going around a country lane very slowly as it was a completely blind corner and a tracktor shot out of a house so I had to do an emergency stop, the instructor said she didn’t feel safe in the car with me at this point despite me hitting brake before she did as she was going to do it!! So there went my already low confidence….!! My nerves continued to get the better of me for the next few tests always doing one silly thing and never having more than 5 minors!! However, I eventually passed in June this year J I didn’t quit and so glad I didn’t. J So there’s my story to my proudest achievement haha!!

Lol I can empathise with you! My proudest moment so far is also passing my driving test but I passed on my 10th attempt!! Like you it was just nerves and then more and more pressure to pass with each test. It took me 7 years but I got there!!

Lol I can empathise with you! My proudest moment so far is also passing my driving test but I passed on my 10th attempt!! Like you it was just nerves and then more and more pressure to pass with each test. It took me 7 years but I got there!!

Wow welldone thats amazing!! Well done on not quiting :) Iv been driving 5 months now and love it although still get nervous sometimes in new situations like the snow!!

I'm actually very proud of ending a loveless marriage some years back. It would have been easy to stay and muddle along and it was very hard to leave and go it alone, but I did it and I'm very proud of myself for doing it.
Not sure I'd put it on a job app but then again....!

For me it would be going travelling on my own. At the time I didn't think it was a huge deal as it's something I'd always wanted to do, and I wasn't going to let anything stop me, but now i'm older and wiser I can appreciate that what I did took a lot of confidence and independance. Especially when I meet so many people who have gone on organised tours, or travelled in groups and then had to make compromises on what they wanted to see - I just went wherever I wanted!

I was thinking about it the other day, and not sure i'd be so confident to do the same thing again now, so very glad I went when I did.

What brilliant replies from everyone.

I am so ancient that I have lots of proudest moments including having my son and the my first grandchild.

The most recent " proudest achievement " is my little stallion being voted Horse of the Year 2010 and receiving an award, the certificate arrived today and it is a culmination of years of hard work for me in a country that was blinkered to all breeds of horses and ponies apart from Spanish ones. I was told I would fail. That was 16 years ago. He has been Champion of Spain 6 times in Junior Dressage and my heart swells with pride for him.

Awww, what lovely stories. Well done everyone.

Gail x

Back