Describing yourself as disgusting...

Totally with you on the whole treat thing - if I thought I'd have to cut out every treat then I'd have stopped before I started. I suppose it's what works for different people, some lose better on a stricter food plan while others need a treat :)

I agree to a certain extent with both sides. We all want to lose weight, but don't want to feel like we are sacrificing everything. I see where stackhead was going though. I have a long journey myself, but by having cheats I am no more in the right mindset now than I was a couple months ago. However, I save points if I want a treats, that way I'm not going off track, but I'm also not depriving myself of the things that made me fat to start with.

I think my post has been slightly misunderstood. I wasn't saying deprive yourself of treats. You shouldn't that just leads to major cravings and over indulgence. What i was saying is that you should figure out a way of having those treats within whatever plan you follow so they arent 'cheats' they're just food.

I was trying to say that referring to food as cheats and having them outside of plan IMO is the wrong mindset.

I agree Stackhead, treats whether as syns or points or extra calories planned into healthy eating is part of our normal diet, rather than cheating as that feels like a negative label...

I also agree. I have spent years trying to diet and have 'cheated' im not talking about treats that I have included within my syns or points etc. I now do have treats I had a kfc which I would have previously seen as cheating and I would have ended up off plan the whole week. But kfc was a treat counted in my weekly syns. I have cheated in the past and only cheated myself in the end. But everyone is totally different and people all have different mindsets xxx

hi everyone
i think what stackhead was saying to me is call them treats not cheats............. i allow for my treats i used the wrong term lol lol thats me all over
i agree if you cheat you cheat yourself no one else but i also say to people do not give in pat yourself down and get back on it the next day
it took us a long time to get here and its going to take time to get back where we want to be but im sure that as a close group like we are we are all going to do it
do you know what i love about this part of the forum on some others this would have been a b***** fight not us we read and we reply as friends i love that on here i really do x x

Ahh I did misunderstand - sorry guys!
Completely agree, as long as its worked into your plan then no problem :)

hey hun no need apologies i wrote it wrong hun lol lol :sign0007::booboo:

I have in the past and probably when I have been in the wrong mindset thought I could cheat slimming world and you know what I probably still do it with things like smash pizza etc. Its true I thibk once we accept that we r going to have to eat healthy for ever not a year thwn we all do best. its hard and I sure we have all tried so so hard so many times xxx

deb
so true you hit nail on the head there hun
xx

It also grinds my gears when thinner people call themselves disgusting and fat when they only need to shift a stone or two.

I've decided to come into WeMITTS so it is not as intimidating.

But isnt it all about self image.
About what we want for ourselves.
What we are willing to settle for.
I was looking at a magazine yesterday and there was an article with a woman who i considered had a perfect body.
I commented to dh who sort of half laughed and said ah come on thats not realistic. Sure you could never get that thin.
Why not?
At what point in life do we settle for being the fat person.
Or the little bit chubby person.
Or claim we are grand at a weight which is far above ideal.
Well for me this time around grand is not good enough.
I certainly dont look at anyone who is doing something to loose weight and get healthy as disgusting.
But why not strive for perfect.
If that means loosing three stone for me well that is my weight loss journey.
12.5 stone is the heaviest i have ever been and it made me so unhappy.
So at 5ft 5 getting to 11 would be grand.
But i would still be over weight and i am not willing to settle for that.

If you are 22stone or 12 why not strive for perfection.

I agree, but I was the fat child! Am not the fat adult but getting smaller. My sister had a supermodel body and a curvy size 6/8 then a tall size 10 by 25yrs. She really did have the whole package, but after 5 years of marriage she called up to say she was horrified she was in a size 12 dress! Went to topshop and she couldn't get into anything below a size 14. Knowing my sister, I knew she was struggling and encouraged her to use the works gym, all the while I would be giving the phone advice with a cake in my hand! For her personally, being a tight 12 was too heavy and it was causing problems. For me being a size 36 years ago was a problem. It is all a matter of comfort in our own skins. I am wiser and older, she is skinnier and happier. I would never call her disgusting over her weight, or anyone else. I think it is my little green monster of jealousy that gets upset when I hear people sometimes referring to their weight loss being so minimal and using such harsh words o describe themselves, thinking 'Gosh, if ONLY I have 2 stone. or 1.5stone to lose....but that is my problem, not anyone elses. All our journeys are different and difficult in their own ways x

Last edited:
At the end of the day people lose weight for all sorts of reasons, the main reason is they are not happy in themselves!

I've referred to myself as fat before and Im only really a couple of stone above my ideal weight but saying I'm fat is just a way of saying I'm overweight.

Whether you have 1 stone to lose or 20 stone to lose you're usually doing it because your not happy therefore you will use negative comments to describe yourself, if you we're happy you wouldn't be dieting!

Back