Describing yourself as disgusting...

You'll all get to your goal weight whether you have 2st to lose or 10st with hard work you can do it

My starting weight is 15.4st and I want to get to 13st, however I don't describe myself as disgusting or a moose or house etc however regardless of it only being 2st I'm still overweight, my stomach shows through my tshirt if I don't breath in and I have man boobs lol

I'm hoping you all don't mind me posting in this section as iv only got a small amount to lose, it's still hard graft either way!

I must admit, when I'm having a bit of a downer on myself I will always call myself disgusting. It is a word the crops up again and again. I am at a point where I truly hate how I look and I know it won't change until I lose some weight.

When my mum and sister complain about being fat I could cry. They are both size 12-14 and have never been any bigger. It's so awful that they think they're fat and disgusting and they call themselves greedy pigs in front of me. I always think they're just dropping hints!

Iv come on here for motivation more than anything, iv been the gym, wasted membership as stopped going, I bought running trainers, chucked them as never used them, been on slim fast and all sorts of diets but never stick to them so wasted health foods!

My sister came up not to long ago and took a photo of us both and I looked the biggest I have in along time and that was it, I'm back on my health food and stuck to it for the full week pretty much 100%, had a cheat the weekend when we went out had a few cheeky beers. Iv got another pair of running trainers, got my cousin involved as well so were going swimming on weekends, body pump tomorrow night then I need to make sure I get out of bed before work to get a cycle or a run in! If I don't do it now I don't think i ever will and I will be on here in years to come with 10st to lose!

It's overwhelmingly hard to stay motivated when looking at the long term goal when it seems so far away. Fingers crossed that the support amongst everyone here in the same situation helps if motivation starts to ebb.

I too joined a gym some time ago, all excited that I could be making a start - Difference is, I never once crossed that threshold and put my account on hold. When it came to it, all I felt was terror.

Fingers crossed, with your new found determination, your cousins support & that of everyone here you reach that goal :)

We will all reach our goals with will power and determination, I did a 5.5 mile bike ride a while ago.......my uncle did a 74mile bike ride and he's 49yrs old, twice my age and 14x the distance quite embarrassing really lol but he got into running and cycling when he hit middle age and put weight on!

Well, muscle does weigh more than fat, plus all that work will make him ravenous. 74 miles is quite something! As for your 5.5, it's better than 0.0 :)

Haha yes your right there best to do something than nothing!

Always! Though can I possibly be forgiven for being a lazy moo tonight seeing as I still can't feel my feet after dancing all last night in stilettos? lol.

I think it is good, especially when on a diet to have a bad day every now and then, once a month or once every fortnight where you do treat yourself to your favourite meal and dessert or have a takeaway, I think it stops you getting bored too quick which is usually my problem

Definitely. If you totally cut out all the things you really like, then you'll just drive yourself off a cliffs edge with craving lol. Even skinny folk manage it. Somehow [/jealous] lol.

I don't think it would be good to break off. It's nice to see everyone's progress in one place. I like to see even tiny people losing their weight; it's all encouragement to me!

i think the people who have big journeys like myself we need to have treat days one a week once a month not over the top just little as this is a way off life for us now and i do not want to get bored also healthy eating or diet is about not stopping having something its having it in moderation
lol im thinking wot i use to be like and how we change xx

I'll just wear blinkers for now lol.

i think the people who have big journeys like myself we need to have treat days one a week once a month not over the top just little as this is a way off life for us now and i do not want to get bored also healthy eating or diet is about not stopping having something its having it in moderation
lol im thinking wot i use to be like and how we change xx

I disagree. You shouldn't have "cheat" days. If you go off your plan its just that, its going off plan, not cheating.
What you should be doing is finding something sustainable that you can fit your "cheats" in to.
As you said in onus post, people with long journeys have to find a new way of life. If your still thinking of 'naughty' foods as "cheats" and still being in if mindset of 'i deserve them' then i personally think that once you get to maintaining it'll be difficult to stay there.

I disagree. You shouldn't have "cheat" days. If you go off your plan its just that, its going off plan, not cheating.
What you should be doing is finding something sustainable that you can fit your "cheats" in to.
As you said in onus post, people with long journeys have to find a new way of life. If your still thinking of 'naughty' foods as "cheats" and still being in if mindset of 'i deserve them' then i personally think that once you get to maintaining it'll be difficult to stay there.
stackhead
i have been to a reshape meeting that i went to for 10 weeks and they told us there is no foodoff the menu if you want it you can but in moderation i call my treat days cheat days i go out for 2 little bottles off wine the small ones but i do not stuff myself with food and i only go out on a friday i walk most days and eat healthy all week so i can have a treat on a friday i think the way i wrote it looks like im saying eat loads no im not saying that i say have a treat day no one can be 100% all the time and do not forget your doing this till the day you meet your maker
but we all have different opinions and i will not judge anyone we all loose weight our own way

good luck on your journey xx

I'd fall flat on my face if I didn't allow the odd treat lol. We might be trying to lose weight, but life is to be lived, not endured :) And if giving myself a day where I allow myself a little treat at the end of a week is bad, then so be it.

Back