~Designer Divas Diet Diary~

Hi you really sound down. I also feel fat and frumpy but keep reminding myself everyday that tomorrow is another day when I can be good diet wise. Doesn't particularly happen and I can identify it through my diet diary. It is that late night snacking whilst watching tv that does it, especially after a hard day at work. Comfort eating has a lot to answer for!. I am going to give up a load of things for Lent, eg chocolate, alcohol and as it is for 40 days at least puts a time limit and I will feel guilty if I break this. Also I am going to pick up my knitting needles and knit whilst watching tv or do the ironing to break that cycle. Hope this helps because I need to keep my goal weight loss of 37 lbs in perspective, and have not lost a thing for the past three weeks!

Hiya,

Thanks for posting you reminded me off me. I gave up chocolate for lent last year and it took alot of willpower but it was rewarding :) so I will try it this year again (p.s when does lent start?)

I eat crap when watching tv too, I don't know why but sometimes I'll just constantly open the fridge and cupboards expecting some food to appea, if by magic? im such a loser lol.

If I'm honest, then yes I am feeling down hence eating LOADS. I'm going through a very very very stressful time and on top of eating loads, ive read that stress can make u gain weight too so 'blah'

I know what the problem is, i somehow expect my weight to fall like i read in magazines, one day the celebrity is big and the next day they're super skinny, i dont think about the hard effort they might have put in.

I need to keep myself busy. I only binge/eat junk when I'm downstairs watching TV so I'm going to try and avoid tv for a short while...

I hope it gets easier for u too, we should be diet buddies!!!!!

Love xxx

Okay so I've been abit realistic since I was last on here.

Went to gym on thursday, had a really good workout then went again today and had one of the best workouts I've had in a long time.

Treadmill- 20 mins, mild jogging and then periods of fast running
X-Trainer - 10 mins
Bike(SO BORING) 2 mins lol

Weights (circuit training) 40 mins roughly...

I am SO knackered.

Foodwise, I've ate alot today but not chocolate of crisps, altho had some fizzy drink :s

having a cup of green tea now, hope this motivation sticks!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you, nice to hear you are feeling a little more positive. :) When you're in the gym you need to eat something fairly high in low-GI carbs before you go - porridge is ideal, or any oat or bran cereal, wholemeal toast, something like that. Try to have it at least an hour before you start excercising. After you've finished you need to get some protein inside you, preferably within an hour, to help rebuild those poor tired muscles! Skinless chicken and some green salad is ideal. Oh and make sure you stetch at the end of your workout to save those next-day aches and pains. ;)

I still think a food diary or an online calorie tracker would be useful for you as well though. You'll be surprised how many calories are in some things that you think you will be OK eating cos it's only something small!

Hello. Long time.

Being harsh on myself wasn't working and was ending up in the opposite result to what I want so let's start again!

1st June 2010

Weight 9st 9 1/4 Llbs (This was in the afternoon after I'd had lunch) so I weighed myself today before breakfast and it was 9st 7 1/4 Lbs so I'll go with somewhere in between.

I'm aiming for 2 pounds per week loss hopefully if I stay determined and don't indulge in junk.

Currently a size 14-16 Dress (Depending on shop) and would like to be a 8-10.

Today so far I've had:

Glass of water
1 samosa from yday (Argh!-lol)
Scrambled egg with 3 crackers
Water

I'm trying to cut down on fizzy drinks and tea *fingers crossed*

Heya, seems you've had a bit of a turbulent time of it, hope everything starts looking up for you hun!

Thanks everyone! A little encouragement goes a LONG way so thanks :)

Weighed myself again today, dont seem to be any losing any weight at all :s even though ive been trying really hard at exercise

Ive been trying to do 2 hours at gym like ive been sweating and out of breath but no pounds have dropped off?

7 pounds, come on!!!!!!!!

Back