Desperate and disheartened....

Baileygirl

I have been a member of Slimming World since 2007. I lost, in total, 5 stone by June 2010 for my wedding (Slow but steady). I then had a bit of a phase where I just didn't follow the plan properly or at least half heartedly but managed to maintain my weight. However, following a succession of holidays/xmas/birthdays over the last 18 months I have managed to regain over 2 stone :(
I am fully aware of when and how I gained weight but my problem is that I just can't lose it.
After Xmas, I decided enough was enough so the last 8 weeks I have been following the plan properly, counting syns, weighing all necessary foods and generally choosing the healthier options. I've also taken up more exercise and 4 weeks ago started using kettlebells. I work out 4 times per week for 30-60 mins using various dvd's and if I've slipped or gone over my syns I will add extra sessions. (I have a holiday in April so I am very focused)
I have become very frustrated, especially when others in my class (and at home) report eating all kinds and still lose.
I took drastic measures 2 weeks ago and had the whole week as a superfree week (Only fruit and vegetables plus healthy extra's and syns) and lost 4.5lbs which I was delighted with but obviously can't keep up so went back on the plan and gained 1.5 the next week?!
I was also a SW Consultant for 3 of my 5 years as a member but had to leave due to the commitments of my "day job" so the response I am getting from those around me is that I "know the plan better than anybody" and to "stick with it, it will sort itself out"
I have had blood tests to check my Thyroid and Hormones and they were all normal.
I'm really at a loss, I want to shut myself in the house with the curtains closed and eat myself silly but I know that won't help me. This is really affecting me :cry::cry:

I know how you feel, I could have wrote parts of that myself. Though I have shut myself in and binged.
I'm trying my best now to eat properly and keep up the exercise but i'll be honest, it's a struggle, especially avoiding the pie counter. I hope things get better for you and it all comes together..Good Luck

Back