Desperate Dawn

dawnbirduk

Well, after weeks of desperation, trying to get back on track, i have seen mention on here my fitness pal and food focus, which could be a help, but which one :( can't do both as they do similar things and i would get fed up. I like the look of fitness pal, but food focus being UK but like the look of fitness pal better so will probably go with that.

I have been afraid to weigh myself and was going to restart on monday, but why wait, i will start tomoz and try to get back on track, which i suppose must mean a weigh in, oh dear.

Another problem i have is that recently i have had burning feet and it is getting worse the more i walk the worse it becomes, which of course will affect my capability to exercise.

Good luck! I started with Food focus actually but as soon as I tried MFP I switched over!

OKay so i started this morning, i weighed on the Wii Fit for the first time in in virtually exactly 2 months (longer than i thought), and gained 6lb, better than i dreaded, and i tracked my breakfast on My Fitness Pal. My calorie allowance is 1580, i checked calories for 2 finger kit kats, only 107 calories, so i will get some in for when i need a choc fix, i find keeping something in is a good idea, otherwise if you are peckish you tend to hunt for something and eat a no no.

Now what can i have for lunch at work and dinner, i wonder?

Don't worry about it! You're doing fab :)

Okay, so i was feeling pretty pleased with myself i had tracked everything and had 8 calories left, then went out this evening finished with tea and biscuits and i had a chocolate digestive, what a let down, so my final tally is 76 calories over. Well i suppose it could have been worse :(

76 over hey?! A mere pittance!
Don't worry about little things like that! I can just hear in the tone of your relating the experience that it's an "I am such a failure" bit coming in. But you really are not... Glass half full optimism shows that you have done so well in ONLY being 76 over!

Onwards and Downwards!!

Welcome to minimins and good luck with your journey! Everyone here is great so I'm sure you'll find all the support you need. I'm with the others, don't worry when you're just a little over, it's not a pass/fail thing! As long as you're eating less than what you're burning and you're eating less than you used to, then you're doing well.

How about you throw that last galaxy bar away? I know it seems silly but it's quite a useful thing to do! I had a bit of a horrible experience a couple of weeks ago which pushed me back on track. I had a bag of popcorn, unopened, and a pack of 5 sainsburys raisin and oatmeal cookies which are my absolute favourite. I could have said screw it, I'll start when I've finished them. Or I could have tried to convince myself that I could have them and just eat a little a day. But I knew they'd be sitting there as temptation that I didn't need so I threw them in the bin outside. It seemed stupid but it was actually a really good thing. It showed me that food doesn't have to have a hold on me and that actually, it doesn't. It's up to you but if you don't want that temptation, that's what I'd do personally.

You're doing great hun. You might be over but at least you know you are! Imagine how it was before you started ccing. You wouldn't have had a clue about how much you are eating.
Stick with it hun, you'll soon get into a routine. :)

If you know Sunday is the day you have pudding and that and will go over, I'm sure you could take a few cals off each of the other days, 50 each day or whatever, and use it for the Sunday? Maybe see how it works? I'm sure it would be okay, as long as weigh in isn't on Monday or something!

200 calories really isn't very much. If you need a deficit of 3500 to lose 1lb, 200 is 0.05lb so it's really not much at all! So don't worry about it :)

Well done!

An exhausting day today, didn't have a drink all day, made myself a drink about 11.30 and got about 4 sips and ended up throwing it away. It took me an hour to eat my sandwich at lunch. Very chaotic, then i eventually got home from work, and had a Girlguiding Senior Section meeting that i was leading tonight. I have tried to stay on track, but difficult especially with so many halloween nibbles at the meeting.

Ah sounds like you need a good sleep!

Didn't have such a good day, yesterday, here there and everywhere, morning shopping, afternoon work, followed by a Brownie meeting, so i didn't eat properly.

At work at the moment, yesterday, my internet went down, can't get back online, spoke to virgin who diagnosed an external problem and reported it to BT, so don't know when i will be back properly :(

Back