Desperate for syn free cough and cold remedies???

Angelkitty

Hi all does anyone know of any cough and cold remedies that are low syn or syn free?

I have finally got back on track and lost 4lbs this week. Now i have this horrible cough and cold, I don't want to un do my work since I had been stuck on the same weight for ages!

Thanks!

I know its prob no help but when I'm ill I have a few brandy and lemons with honey. Always make me feel better! ...even when I'm not ill! Hehe hope you get well soon chuck x

It's only the cough syrups have may have syns so cold remedies in tablet form should be okay - but at the end of the day you are ill and getting better should take priority. Even the cough syrups are not horrendously high in syns if you wanted to count the syns.

I totally agree with Circes but if you boil diet lemonade then add soluble aspirin or a paracetamol tablet it acts like a alemsip and soothes colds/sore throats etc. Don't fill the mug with lemonade as it will fizz up when you add the tablet.Boiled onions are also something my Gran swore by for colds.

Sugar free linctus
Ginger and lemon tea
Ginger tea
Having hot blackcurrant dilutant juice
Sugar free strepsils

Not all syn free but should be low enough, although I am with Circes in that if you're sick that should take priority.

Back