Desperate to fit into my wedding dress

Ducatibabe

Hi Everyone, my name is Jacklyn and I've started SW to get into my wedding dress in June, I'm a size 16/18 and my dress is a size 12/14, so at least a couple of stone to lose before the big day :sigh:.......and as the wedding is on a tight budget I HAVE to do it as there isn't anything left to get another one!! so any support will be gratefully received and reciprocated :bighug:

You can do this and the support on here is fantastic. The food diaries, the weight loss diaries, inspiratinonal photos thread and recipes thread are brilliant. How about putting a picture of your dress as your screensaver on your phone or computer if you work at one all day so you constantly see it and feel motivated. Congratulations by the way on your wedding x

Good luck.

You have a fantastic encouragement to lose that weight. Have you got a photo of the dress that you can look at when you are tempted?

I feel your pain..........

I joined sw last August with the same problem. I was a 16, my dress a 12. Haven't had a fitting yet, but clothes size in general is a 12 now so the plan is to lose more and to need my dress taking in!!

You've got 4 months. You can do it, but it won't be easy. What I mean is that if you're on and off plan like I can be then you won't get there. You need to stick to plan 100%.

Do you exercise? DVD's like 30 day shred I find are really good for toning you and losing inches. I try and mix that in with the gym and kettlebells. How about adding food diaries here so that we can help you that way.

Everytime you are tempted by something you shouldn't picture yourself in your wedding dress looking fabulous. I have a picture of mine saved to my favourites and look at it from time to time to give me a boost. Good luck on your journey and you can do it!!xx

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. :)

I don't think your goal is too unrealistic but you will have to stick to the Plan to get the results you need. Decide on your shopping list needs. Plan all your meals ahead, batch cook and freeze. Allow the amount of syns within the Plan and you won't feel like you're missing out on anything. Try some of the delicious food on here in the recipes section. You'll be surprised at what wonders there are to behold! :drool:

If you find you're struggling at all just keep popping on here and I'm sure there'll be more than enough people to help keep you on track. There are some mini challenges going on...Valentines Day, Easter, Summer etc. might be worth joining one (or all!) of them. There's the weekly weigh in sub-forum too. All of these have lots of people doing the same thing as you...so loads of support!!

Good luck with your weight loss journey!! Keep us updated. :D

Hi Ducati babe, now is the time to do it! It will be so worth it! theres only you that can do it. Ive got my wedding in sept and Id like to lost 3 stone, (lost 11 of that already in 4 weeks) but you do need to stick to plan, but the results will be so worth it. You wont get this chance again so do it for YOU!! come on, were rooting for you, we can all do this.!! xxxxxx

I was a bridesmaid at a friends wedding last year and I can't look at any of the wedding pictures I am in - I was at least 1 1/2 stones heavier than I am now and I looked and felt disgusting. It saddens me that I hate looking back to what was one of the happiest days in my friends life.

If I were you, the biggest motivation would be knowing that if I were a size 12 by the time of the wedding, I could feel comfortable on my big day, and could look back at the pictures of myself in an amazing dress, and feel beautiful and proud of what I had achieved.

You can do this - lots of luck!

i slimmed for my wedding day and worship Jillian Micheals and the 30 Day shred DVD, it helped me tone up and lose the inches i needed to. I love it!

How exciting. You will look great on the big day. Keep the picture in your mind and you won't be tempted. Looking forward to seeing you on the Inspirational photos thread.

I'm another bride who has bought a dress 3 sizes too small! Risky business I suppose but the only way I could guarantee I lost the weight.

You can do it :)

You can defo do it, like others have said (if you can) keep a photo of your dress on your pc screen on even put it on your fridge? It will definitely motivate you to loose the weight!

If you can try and fit in a bit if exercise too - some times when I go to the shops I park as far away from the shop as possible so it's a bit of extra walking! & just dance on the Wii is brilliant too.

Good luck with everything, we're all here to support you through your weight loss journey!! xxx

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

You can do it-work out how much u want to lose in lbs then divide it by the weeks u have left and that will give u how much u need to lose a week-I need to lose 2.5 a week and that aim has kept me on track since Xmas xx

Thanks everyone, i've got my picture of me hanging out of my dress on the front page of my phone, and since i've started i've lost an inch off my waist, but put half an inch on my boobs, which normally would make me very happy but its the boobs that are too big for my frock lol

I cant exercise (even swimming or walking our dogs :-() as I've just been diagnosed with a joint syndrome problem and am waiting to see a physio and my consultant has banned any physical stuff. This is why I'm worried as I used to walk the dogs about 3/4 miles everday and more at the weekend so cant eat the way I used to.

Seeing how you all plan things and look at things has given me lots of ideas and motivation so I'm off tolook at the motivational picture gallery.

#Thanks again and I''ll keep you all updated Many thanks xx

Just a little update, tried my dress on and whilst its not quite there i only have about an inch to go and my Physio has said i can swim and do aqua aerobics,so now I'm full tilt to get as many swimming sessions in ....did 30 lnghts on my first one on Tuesday......was really chuffed as not swum for at least 4 years:eek:

also just want to say thank you for all your support. I Love this site as there is so much support and ideas being swopped. I think its much better than going to class and together we will hit whatever target we are aiming for
:hug99:

Last edited:
Well done. You're doing really well. Keep at it now - not long to go!!! :) xx

Thank you Struggling last couple of weeks cos got bad tonsilitis but will get back on plan soon as I'm better xx

Well everyone I did it!!! i lost over 1 1/2 stone to fit into my dress!!! basically I went from this.........
431478_10150528236270893_1105413662_n.jpg

to this.........................

319883_10150866464745893_372306503_n.jpg

Back