desperately need help....

RugbyGirl

I dont want to feel huge anymore....

I am in week 2 of the CD and I soooooooo miserable...I want to start slimming world but I just dont understand it! I tried last summer and ended up putting on weight. I didnt feel supported and gave up. I dont want to the CD and not have a social life.

Can some one please explain how it works when you are eating good food? i need this to work as I am at the end of my tether.

please help me x

Hi rugbygirl,
I'd say read the SW for newcomers sticky, the plan is explained there.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...-comers-including-extra-easy.html#post1718733

The best piece of advice I could give you is this, go along to a group meeting and have the plan explained to you by a consultant. You'll get all the info and be well armed to start losing lots of weight.

SW works, there's a science behind it for sure but I don't really go for all that, I just know it works :)

Good luck!

Yep, attending a good group meeting makes a huge difference over going it alone in terms of focus and motivation, IMO.

Hi rugbygirl you are me 18 months ago when I realised I didnt like CD :eek: I wasted a year putting on and taking off the same stone.

I started sw last november and so far have lost nearly 4 stone and couldnt be happier. I started with Red days and i'm now doing more and more extra easy.

What exactly did you not understand, which plan were you following. There are plenty of people on here who are happy to help so feel free to ask any questions :D

Hey! don't feel bad, you've made a great step coming here and asking for help, the new you is just around the corner!

i'm quite new to SW (7 weeks) and it's honestly changed my life. I was a weight watchers girl before and i used to lose weight, come off the diet, put it back on etc etc. I joined SW just to see what it is about and i haven't looked back! i've lost 22lb so far and feel so much more in control of my life. i have a lot to lose (from the start, about 6 stone) but where as before i was so daunted by losing so much and put it off, now it feels so achievable, and dare i say, even easy!

I think you MUST go to a initial join up meeting. speak to a consultant, get all your books and get every thing explained. if you can't get to meetings or can't afford it then i advise you weighing yourself every week, same time, same scales. maybe go to your local boots and weigh there (I think there's something about 'going' to somewhere to get weighed, the decipline)

it takes a few weeks to get the hang of, but once you've got it it's easy and its not a diet, it's just a new way of life!

good luck, we're all here to support you :) x

Just how it works. The group I went to wasnt very, erm, welcoming I guess, I was nervous for being there and I didnt feel like I could talk to anyone. I want to lose this weight and make it a way of life so bad!

I didnt understand Extra easy at all, I wasnt too sure about Hex's (what happened if I didnt have them) and I felt like an utter failure as I put on 2lbs the 1st week.

x

How about ringing the consultant before you go and having a chat, tell her your fears and that you are nervous.
I'm sure the group will be friendly, there may be one or two who are a little unapproachable (maybe??) but when all said and done, everyone is there for the same reason. Perhaps it was just your perception initially?
Also, don't be afraid to ring your consultant - people forget they are there to help outside of group times and they don't get used enough. I always advise people to ring their C if they need help.

It is hard doing it alone when you don't fully understand the plans.

Give it a shot girl! x

Jaylou is right, most of the time people fail on this plan as they feel that they dont get the support from their Consultant when in actaul fact its just a matter of calling them and telling them your feelings etc!
I have done CD and LL and they are not healthy full stop. Especially if you are a Rugby playing girl! SW would be ideal. I know I used to play rugby too (being Welsh...just had to really! lol)

Welcome and the as the others have said, find a Consultant that you are happy with. Any thing that we can help with, we are here for you!

x

All great advice and just wanted to say we're here for you - SW rocks! xxx

Hiya, what everyone has said above is right, going through it with an SW consultant is the best way, and get info from here too!! The most basic principle of SW is that you will lose weight if you eat lots of the good foods and bit of the naughty stuff!! The 'free' foods are those low in energy density (basically food where you get a lot of bulk for the energy provided) which fill you up! You then have your Healthy Extra allowance each day (foods containing a certain amount of calcium, fibre etc) and then you have your syns which covers everything that isn't free, or is outside your HE allowance! You will have to weigh/measure certain things like cereals and milk, and maybe other things if you choose to follow green/red (there's less weighing on Extra Easy- the most recent plan which combines the free foods from green and red) but compared to calorie counting diets/Weight Watchers, there's very little weighing and measuring. The 3 best things about SW are that 1) it's very flexible/adaptable, 2) it gives you lots of freedom and 3) you never have to go hungry because you're actively encouraged to eat and feel full! Good luck, I hope you decide to join us and have lots of success!!X

Hi and welcome to the SW section of MMs.

Please please give group another go, and let your Consultant know you struggled last time - hopefully things will click for you this time.

Give it a go, we will all be here to support you xx

Welcome, and I agree contact a consultant and go to group.
Any questions, feel free to ask.
SW does work, so good luck!

Hello,

Just wanted to say welcome and good luck really :) if you go on the SW website then it will show you a few groups near you so you can go to a different one than before if you didnt feel comfortable there.

The best part for a newcomer to SW about going to group is that you can ask questions when it's explained to you. Were all here if you have any questions or anything that you need clarifying, we were all new once and NO question is a silly question if you dont know the answer :)

Slimming world is so practical for me, i can still have my night out and no-one even need know im on plan if i dont want them too - even more than that it teaches you how to carry on for the rest of your life so that there's minimal chance of getting to goal and stopping 'dieting' as its not really a diet!!

I wish you all the luck in the world :)

xx

Just how it works. The group I went to wasnt very, erm, welcoming I guess, I was nervous for being there and I didnt feel like I could talk to anyone. I want to lose this weight and make it a way of life so bad!

I didnt understand Extra easy at all, I wasnt too sure about Hex's (what happened if I didnt have them) and I felt like an utter failure as I put on 2lbs the 1st week.

x

you shouldn't feel a failure, you put on 2lbs but you'd been on a food replacement plan honey, of course your body was going to cling to the food you ate! dont' be disheartened, you might have another small gain, but then you'll be on an even playing field and start losing.

the basis of the extra easy plan (you have the book right?) is that you can eat all the free and superfree food as much as you like. but with every plate of food you have, you should try to have 1/3 of it of 'superfree' food (so fruit and veg but not potatoes, sweetcorn, peas, avacado). you are allowed 15 syns a day, and you can use that on anything you want. alcohol, chocolate, salad dressing, sugar, crisps, bread, cheese whatever.

on the EE every day you shuold have 1 Healthy Extra A (a calcium) and one Healthy Extra B (a fibre) you don't 'have' to have them, but for a well balanced diet you should try to.

does that help?

Hey RugbyGirl

As everyone else has said - you must join a class. I understand the issue you had with your consultant - I had the same problem a few years back, she was rubbish and miserable and unapproachable, luckily there were more classes in my area, I have to go a little further afield but my Bev is wonderful. Its very daunting starting a whole new diet, I have done WW (starving hungry on their mingy little portions and those ready made meals are foul!), Rosemary Conley (never understood it, it was never explained but enjoyed the workout) and Atkins (be very nearby to a toilet at all times!). SW is the one for me, the portions are endless if you want them to be, which if you are anything like me, will suit you. You are a rugby player, needing your carbs, with this diet, pasta is your friend. The key I think to enjoying SW is cooking, and cooking things from scratch, if you have the patience to be in the kitchen (I do a lot of my cooking at the weekend and freeze in batches) then this is for you. Check out the recipe section here, the pictures will make you drool! There are also plenty of quick fixes, pasta n sauce is fab and hey you can chuck it over the biggest jacket potato you can find. Chicken? Have a whole one if you want, just remove the skin! Its that simple, the only thing you really need to do is research it. I spent a week or two with the book beside me, it was my bible. I wanted to learn the things I could eat and get away with. The healthy extras a and b(HEXB/A) are the only real things you need to weigh out and have an allowance of, thats it. The rest will come from trawling SW site and this site and talking to your class members.

I reckon if you mention the area you are from there will be someone on here who will point you in the direction of a decent class/consultant and possibly even help you out with the diet....sorry, new way of life!

Good luck, and kick that CD to the curb!

x

all good advice. One thing to add though. As this is a way of life and a healthy life style, you must be prepared to lose healthy amounts of weight maybe only half to 2 lbs per week. It is not a fast option for many. As someone said earlier that your body has probably shut down a bit so when you start eating healthily it will retain all the calories in case it doesn't get any more food for a long time like with the restrictive plan you were on. My advice would be to try at least a month and see if it works for you. If you lose 4lbs in that month then it is working, any more and that's a bonus. Try to ignore the first one or two weeks results (unless of course they are brilliant then jump and celebrate ) Good luck x

Hi
I couldn`t understand slimming world either. If you want any help or advice, I have been teaching my own program successfully for the last 5 years to private clients so glad to help if I can..don`t get down, there are easier ways!

SW is an easy way. Very little weighing and measuring and all foods allowed in moderation.
Please don't tout your own business on here :mad:

Hi
I couldn`t understand slimming world either. If you want any help or advice, I have been teaching my own program successfully for the last 5 years to private clients so glad to help if I can..don`t get down, there are easier ways!

As Jaylou says, SW is easy.
I thought that you weren't supposed to advertise on here.

Yes, please keep your own plan to yourself! We are here because we LOVE SW!!

Grrr!

Back