Dessert ideas.

We are having a taste evening next week. I am not good at this sort of thing as I don't eat desserts apart from yoghurt and fruit.

I don't want to feel embarrassed by not making anything .

Any suggestions what to make please. Something easy

What about cinnamon chips with fruity salsa? It's something different but yummy!

To make the salsa chop up strawberries, mango and kiwi fruit. Mix together and add chopped mint leaves.

To make the cinnamon chips, take one weight watchers tortilla wrap (5 syns). Spray with frylight and sprinkle with 1tbsp of ground cinnamon and 1tbsp artificial sweetener. Bake in the oven until golden brown and crispy. Snap up into pieces and use to scoop up the salsa, yum! :drool:

What about cinnamon chips with fruity salsa? It's something different but yummy!

To make the salsa chop up strawberries, mango and kiwi fruit. Mix together and add chopped mint leaves.

To make the cinnamon chips, take one weight watchers tortilla wrap (5 syns). Spray with frylight and sprinkle with 1tbsp of ground cinnamon and 1tbsp artificial sweetener. Bake in the oven until golden brown and crispy. Snap up into pieces and use to scoop up the salsa, yum! :drool:

Loving that! :)

Stiffy!

Sugar free jelly made up to half a pint and allowed to cool and then whisk in a tub of quark and 2 mullerlite yogurts - leave to set in the fridge. Very nice x

Sugar free jelly is my favourite thing to take to a party as a dessert! Chuck a load of fruit (like raspberries and stuff) in it and its lovely!!

I tried the lemon curd recipe someone posted, it was more like a mousse, sooo yummy...and addictive...but free

Is there a link or directions to this lemon curd recipe? Is it a jam or a desert? thanks

Grate the rind of 1 lemon and squeeze out the juice into a heat proof bowl, add 2 heaped dessert spoons of sweetener, whisk in 2 eggs, place the bowl over a pan of simmering water, it's important to whisk constantly and fairly vigorously or it will curdle. You should end up with a substance that resembles yoghurt. Remove from heat. Add 2oz of fat free fromage and stir in. I added a few drops of vanilla essence. add more sweetener if needed. Chill in the fridge. I'll see if I can put a pic of the one I made yesterday

ForumRunner_20120719_230925.jpg

stivesliz said:
Stiffy!

Sugar free jelly made up to half a pint and allowed to cool and then whisk in a tub of quark and 2 mullerlite yogurts - leave to set in the fridge. Very nice x

So simple but sounds so tasty. Will do this this week I think, thanks.

Back