Determinator is Determined to get to goal :)

Ooh glad you feel like ketosis is happening! How will I know? Is it just the cold? Feel like I'm having hot sweats today!! Hope you feel better soon hon, glad we are on the same day together, it will spur me on!

your breath is a big indicator as when in ketosis most people excrete ketones on their breath .. ask a loved one ( they need to be a close loved one !!!) to have a sniff ... it smells nasty and slightly sweet ... although not everyone gets this . You will also start to feel colder .. and have more energy , less physical hunger . I have some ketostix from the chemist and just tested and am just in the bottom range so all will be good tomorrow :) But you dont really need ketostix as if you are 100% then after 4-6 days you will defo be there :)
Hope you have a good evening .. its my hardest time as I am an evening grazer normally !!!

Thanks for that, just been to my CDC, not in ketosis yet!
Bought breath spray today so I'm prepared!
Find evenings hard to as that's my normal takeaway time! I miss my curries!!
We're doing well though, we don't need food!!!
Stay strong,
Lauraxx

I find evenings tough too , its when I normally sit infront of the tv with snacks and coco pops !!!
i am having an orange bar tonight , they dont normally effect my ketosis so I am risking it this early .. but I cut it into 4 length ways and just had 2 and will have the others in an hour or so !!!! I love the orange bars :)

Day 4

hi , its day 4 and I am defo in ketosis :) I have ordered some more listerine strips off e bay as i suffer terribly with my breath on this plan and I dont want to knock my patients out !!!
It is my 1st day at work after starting CD this time and I am hoping that my energy holds up ok .. as I am a nurse on a busy medical ward I need lots !!
I have drunk nealry 2 litres already and saving my 1st shake till 12 , then I will take a bar to work and have another shake when I get home .
I am astonished to report my scales show a 10 lb loss .. in 4 days !! I sure do hang onto my water when I eat carbs !!!!
And my size 14 skinny jeans I bought fit nicely now , which I find astonishing seeing as I was a size 26 this time last yr !!!!

Hope everyone else is having a good day :)

Tip for ketostix, Hun. I cut them in half, lengthways, to turn them from 50 a pack to 100! I know in the grand scheme of things they are not expensive but i likes a cost cutting exercise now and again x

Well done for day four hon! I'm in ketosis too! Still have a bloody headache though! 10lbs is amazing! I'm too scared to look! Going to wait for my weigh in next Wednesday!xx

Now I am feeling totally inferior :-( on day 4 same as you and this morning was showing 3.8lbs off - nothing compared to 10 and that's after only 3 actual diet days assuming you weighed in the morning. Amazing. Well done.

day 5

thanks Rumbly , that is a great idea , i wont be using them now unless I happen to have a planned meal or a cheat ( which I am hoping not to !!) but they arent too cheap and that is a great way of doubling value for money !!

Less rotund One .. ( what a fabulous name !!!) , dont feel inferior , all my big weight loss means is that I carry a load of water and carbs when I am eating , and this is what has been lost !! This also means that when I come off CD when I recarb I put a ton of weight on too !!! I am planning on getting to 7-10 lb LESS than my goal before I come off so I can account for a big gain ( I normally gain about 9lb as soon as I eat carbs again :eek: ) , water loss is not the same as fat loss !!

and i am astonished to report , that today , day 5, I have lost 12.5 lb :eek::eek:
when I first did TFR diet at 19 stone I lost 12 lb in my first week which I thought was amazing , so I am very shocked that I have lost more this time when I started at 13.4 ..... I really thought that it would be much less !!!!

I am working an early today , 7am till 2.30 pm and not sure how I am going to get on as I normally hold out till 12 for my first shake , but as I have a very busy physical job I need some energy now , so have just had half a bar and will have the other half at 10.30 am ( when I get my break ) then I wont get anything till 3pm .. gonna be starving , but i will manage !!

hope everyone else is doing ok xxx

end of day 5 .....

well it the end of day 5 , and had the most aweful shift at work , really glad now that I have a new job , only down side is I have to work 8 weeks notice :(
We have freinds stopping this weekend , and as I was at work .. we had a takeaway :eek: Now I was good and stuck to foo yung , which is basically eggs , meat and a few veg ... and its something that I used to have once every few weeks when on CD last time , it never knocked me far off ketosis and I am normally back in within half a day , so going to hope I havent done any damage ! On a good note my friend bought a large tub of ben and jerrys baked alaska ( my all time fave ) and I am not at all tempted , so 100 % now

I do not regret eating as it was an informed , controlled choice , and it was also very yummy :) I have been really hungry today , I had half my bar at 6am then the other half at 11am . work was crazy and I got home at 3.30 and had a shake , and just had the takeaway so have missed a pack out today . I will report in the morning whether the meal has knocked me out or affected my weight loss

Hope all you other lovely CD'ers are OK :)

Morning :) having a lovely hour this morning snuggling in bed with hubby and the kids , they have brekkie and cartoons and I have some yummy orange flavour water :) Just tested and still in Ketosis :) and gained 0.5 lb so defo a good food decision and now back 100 % for as long as I need , may have a few SS+ meals along the way though :)

Morning Hun well done on your restart you seem really positive. Not easy getting back on as we all know so well done u!!

That's loss is wonderful!!

And .5 of a pound for a foo yung is VERY tempting ha!

Have a lovely weekend with your family, 8 weeks will fly for your new job, just use the diet to focus on xxx

Hi hon, well done on doing so well. You seem very focussed and that's the key to this diet. Good luck for wi. :)

Wow you are doing so well! Good choice on the Chinese. I've never had foo young I dunno if I'd like it! Hope you're having a great weekend x

Day 7

Hello :) well its day 7 and am feeling hungry today . I had my first shake at 12 and have just had to have a bar as I was just starving . I may have 4 packs today , so I will have a shake at 5 ish and one about 9 pm . I would much rather have another pack than risk eating anything !! I thinks its boredom , my main downfall when I over eat . We have had friends staying since friday and they went just before lunch so the house is quiet and my i1 year old is in bed . And maybe watching Willy Wonka and the CHOCOLATE Factroy doesnt help !!!
i am sure i will get through tonight ok , I have my first appointment with my new CDC in the morning , will weigh myself in the morning on my own scales as these are what I used last week on my first day ( I had a lot of shakes left from last time so not seen CDC yet ) and then I will go and register with my new lady :)
she has text me 3 times this week to ask how its going and offer support , more than my old CDC ever did , so I think she is going to be amazing :)

OMG I am so excited about weighing tomorrow :)

Hope everyone else is going good :)

Back