Determinator is Determined to get to goal :)

Inspirational diaries on here for newbies like me...you've lost SO much!

My hubby had the snip, it was so so simple and he was back at work the next day with little bruising, it really is a relief as we have three girls, and I wanted my body back after 3 C Sections..

Hope it goes really well, it is quite a relief not to have to worry anymore, but I do get broody still, I guess thats just like this diet, all you are doing is craving something you used to be able to do, and don't want to anymore :)

Good luck with the maintenance, thats my main worry, that once I lose it all, it will pile back on it im not really careful all the time..xx

Wednesday 16th march

well after the tiny blip monday night ( very small amount of macoroni cheese instaed of my pasta so not toooo bad , so I thought ) my scales are showing further gain of 4 lb :eek::eek::eek: how the hell can that be possible ?????? I give up ... well NO I dont give up , I will never give up .. but grrrrr to my rubbish useless body !!!!

I am concentrating on using the Beck Diet Solution book this week and have read up to day 4 today and it has helped me have a 110% day which is good for me I have stuck to plan like glue and plan to do so for the foreseeable future ..... i am working tonight which is always tough but I have a bar and 2 pieces of fruit to have tonight from tomorrows allowance so should be fine :D

I have used a lot of 'answering ' the sabotaging thoughts , telling the little voice to bugger off as i am in charge ...... I am also using the 'hunger is not an emergency ' .. if i am hungry .. it can wait till I am ready , at meal time !!!!

I dont know how the hell I am meant to loose anything by next monday but i am sticking to it , I very nearly dropped back on SS+ AGAIN this morning , but I know that I need to be in this for the long haul which means learning to eat again and loosing this last little bit gradually and healthily :D

Morning Katie --

Good on you for getting into Beck!

Beck says to weigh once a week, same time, same clothes, same, same... and go with that. Scale hopping is not good... your weigth can go up a few pounds just because you have drunk your water, etc.

Tonight I'll be doing my Day 17 (End Overeating) Activity Again! I am going to have at least one meal with "food" every day and do this exercise. I have to learn portion control, resisting clearing my plate, having more without waiting to see if I am full, etc. I am one of those who has trouble "wasting food", leaving food on my plate (esp when I eat out), etc. I am going to America in mid-April and the portions are ridiculous and I am going to gain half a stone easily, if I am not careful. So, I need to learn how to do this asap!

Monday is just another day... you'll weigh what you weigh that day... but if you stick to your chosen diet, drink your water, do your fitness, etc. you'll be closer to what you'd like to weigh on that day, than you are now! Hang in there: you've done so well.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

MM

Thursday 17th march

thanks Mm , I know about weeekly weigh .. BUT I have been a daily weigher right from the start and its how I like it .. it does help and doesnt have anything except positive effects on me , I may be feeling pretty peed off with this gain but it is making me more determined to stick 100 % to shift it :D
I hope you manage to crack the portion control and leaving food on your plate , I am the same .. i will lick my plate clean even if i am stuffed !!!

Another great day today , had a good shift at work , ate what i was meant to and resisted the cake sat in the staff kitchen ( credit to me :D ) , cam home had my fruit brekkie and went to bed :)

My 4 year old has been for her 1st swimming lesson , it was good but I was a little shocked when they just put arm bands on her and put her in the deep end .. without even asking me if she had been swimming before .. good job she has and that she is confident !!! she loved it though so thats what matters :)

I treated them to a McDonalds after as a celebration of her lesson , and I cooked my yummy tea of tikka chicken breast with baked sweet potato and stir fried cabbage and mushrooms :D

Off to work again tonight , then 2 off then back for 2 ...

Hi Katie --

I'm glad she was okay with the deep end. Did they ever sort your pay? What a hassle.

I worked on it again tonight... it is so hard. And, I have been stress a bit and that always makes me hungry. UGH! I hope you have a good night at work.

Mel

Friday 18th march

Mm .. i left some on my plate today ... does the skin off the fish count ?? lol

Had another good day , stuck like glue to the 1000 plan whic I enjoy more and more everyday .. but scales still showing a gain:sigh:

BUT i refuse to get down or upset about it , I only have 8 - 14 lb to go to my goal and heck , if i cant slow down and enjoy the last bit then when can I ?? I am feeling very postive also about my self control and the fact that i am learning how to talk back to my inner voices .... I think my body has been on ( and off at times ) a TFR diet for so long its just taking some adjusting to food and the dreaded carbs again .. i am confident that I will start loosing again soon :D

Hi Katie,

I am sure you will. You usually have a stall when you first refeed, because you are replacing the gylcoge/water, but then you start to lose again as long as your calories are fewer than what you burn.

I failed to leave that extra bit of sweet potato on my plate. My DS even noticed. He said, "Well, if you get up now and can still take a brisk walk without being uncomfortable, then you probably did not overeat." lol -- He was listening when I explained that part of the book to my DH.

Why can't he hear me when I ask him to do his chores? Funny how much they hear when you aren't speaking to them.

MM

Saturday 19th march

Mm lol , selective hearing .. I rememeber aving that problem as a child and my 2 seem to have inherited the condition !!!! The 4 year old was sent to bed in disgrace tonight after i found she had drawn an amazing picture .. on the wall :mad: ooo the little monkey !!!

well not been a bad day today although not been 100 % either :eek: I got really stressed over something silly , I had planned to go food shopping at a certain time I wasnt able to go , so I found myself unusually angry and very stressed about it ( silly I know .. I think it may be hormonal due to having implant removed and starting the pill last week ) and this made me very hungry ( I know it didnt really but I felt it ) and I ended up having an extra fat free yoghurt , an apple and a mini ( I mean tiny ) milky way ... so an extra 180 calories , not too bad , but also not needed !!!!

I have just read a little more of Beck and have tried really hard to make my tea last for 20 minutes .. i am not normally a fast eater but 20 mins is a long time , but i think I managed it . I also decided on my CDC as my diet coach ( simple really )

Its not going to be a good week WI wise again , my scales were showing 1lb gain this morning but I am working sunday night before weigh in and I always weigh 3-4 lb more in an afternoon ( or after a night ) so looking at a big gain ...arrrrrrrggggggg I wish I could SS again but i cant .. I have to do this !!!!

:D so funny. ems did that the other day. she's really bad. she said my beige landing was boring so drew in red crayon all over it. i had to paint it. i was painting the kitchen last sat and she liked the blue so she put it on the hands and then wiped them on her playroom wall. i painted the playroom last summer in yellow and green it's beautiful but has been drawn on and now hands rubbed on it. so sick of it. she took some kids scissors to a book the other day, so the book went into the bin and the scissors moved. she went rooting through a draw and found the scissors and started cutting up everything else.

i feel your pain. :D

The 4 year old was sent to bed in disgrace tonight after i found she had drawn an amazing picture .. on the wall :mad: ooo the little monkey !!

(Take a photo of the picture when the child not looking, but then make them take responsibility.)

When my DS did this (and DD) I made them use a bucket, scrub pad, etc. and had them clean the wall. Then, when it needed to be repainted, we went to the shop got paint samples came back and they had to see which one would match the best. Next, we went back and bought paint: whilst I complained about all the time, money and petrol it was taking to fix the situation and how now I was not going to have time to ... (take them to the cinema, make dessert, etc. whatever the "time trade off" was), then they "repainted" the wall.

(Later, when they weren't home DH fixed it properly with the matching paint we keep on hand.)

They NEVER did it again. Usually, once they learn how much work something is and the cost of it -- as I deducted the paint, brush, tray and pterol cost from their own funds -- it doesn't seem worth the fun!

As far as cutting up books, my younger sister did that ONCE. My mother took her to the library and the librarian had her help replace books and talked to her about how precious books were and how some children do not have any books of their own and have to borrow from the library and take such good care of them, when they do.

It takes a lot of effort, but with most things like this you have to do it once. And, the lesson carries over into other activities. For example, my DD always asks before she takes her sidewlak chalk outside, "If I draw over here do I have to clean it up, or can I let the rain do it?"

MM

i did that mm. made ems scrub the wall for an hour before i repainted it. she didn't get any of the crayon off the wall but i hope it taught her a lesson.

feeling very negative and out of control today , after the extra 190 calories yesterday , so still only 1190 calories my scales are showing a further 2 lb gain ..... now surely this is not right ....... I thought anything under 1500 should be a weight loss not gain .. does this mean that to maintain my weight , for the rest of my life I am going to have to eat like 800 calories a day ??? if this is the case then i really dont know how the hell i meant to do that :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Yay Nikki --

i did that mm. made ems scrub the wall for an hour before i repainted it. she didn't get any of the crayon off the wall but i hope it taught her a lesson.

I am sure it did. Funny how it does not seem worth it when they have to clean it up!

MM

@Katie -- Could it be that you are replacing the gylcogen and water atm? Once that it is done, you WILL start to lose again.

MM

Katie - stick with it you are doing every thing right - have faith - you know your body doesn't like carbs so its just rebelling - it will soon balance back out xxxx

thanks Both of you , i just wasnt expecting to keep gaining another week .. feeling nore positive now , i have done the food shopping and stocked up on all the yummy things I an have on 1000 .... I think some of my stress and mood swings and negativity could be down to having the implant removed and starting back on the combined pill .. all those hormones are making me slightly sensitive ... I nearly shouted at the lady on the check out in tesco this morning as she was blocking the sensor on the conveyor belt with the person in front of me's shopping so I could unload ... got really angry about it , which is not like me !!!

Hi Katie,

Hormones... I am sure. Too bad that the doc probably won't let you watch the snip. It was so satisfying for me -- after the 9lb 4oz vaginal birth, then the 10lb 2oz c-sectioned one! I kind of wanted to ask if I could do the snip! hee hee Gotta love those German docs!

MM

Morning Katie,

I hope your week is going well.

MM

morning :) well weigh in yesterday and a 1 lb gain , which was after a night shift too so not too bad :) I did go slightly off plan last night witha piece of quiche ( but its mainly protein so not toooo bad ) and a cup cake , but back to it today and going to have another 100 % 1000 week , apart from saturday night when we are going to a friends 50th party .. its been a LONG time since I drank , so i am going to enjoy myself , I am trying to put all this in perspective .. i have lost nearly 8 stone ....and 6 dress sizes .. does it matter if the last 8lb comes off a bit slower so i can get my life back :)

Was at work last night so just got home and had my shredded wheat , and just having 10 mins on here and facebook then bed for a few hours , then probably take the girlies out for a nice walk around sudbury hall ( the lovely hall and museum in our village ) gardens :D Planning on going to the gym tonight , I want to comit to 3 sessions of exercise a week at least , so probably 2 gym sessions and a class or 30 day shred .... now the weathers nicer I will get my bike out and the kids trailer that goes on the back and try and get out cycling at the weekends again :) I do love love love this nicer weather :D

morning :) well weigh in yesterday and a 1 lb gain , which was after a night shift too so not too bad :)

Not bad at all.

I did go slightly off plan last night witha piece of quiche ( but its mainly protein so not toooo bad ) and a cup cake ,

It sounds as if you used portion control, so although a bit carby -- not bad at all.

but back to it today and going to have another 100 % 1000 week , apart from saturday night when we are going to a friends 50th party .. its been a LONG time since I drank , so i am going to enjoy myself ,

Please eat before you drink, and alternate water with the alcohol and be careful to limit your quantities. When you've been dieting the drink hits you very hard.

I am trying to put all this in perspective .. i have lost nearly 8 stone ....and 6 dress sizes .. does it matter if the last 8lb comes off a bit slower so i can get my life back :)

Great, healthy attitude... and it IS going to come off slower. There is so much less of oyu to move blood through, it takes fewer calories for you move your body, etc. Your body is designed to survive -- it will become very efficient in an effort to keep you at what it thinks you should weigh (and to me that seems to be about bmi 27... slightly overweight).

Was at work last night so just got home and had my shredded wheat , and just having 10 mins on here and facebook then bed for a few hours ,

Sleep well!

then probably take the girlies out for a nice walk around sudbury hall ( the lovely hall and museum in our village ) gardens

Fingers crossed for a nice day.

:D Planning on going to the gym tonight , I want to comit to 3 sessions of exercise a week at least , so probably 2 gym sessions and a class or 30 day shred ....

Three fitness classes (things) a week, seems to be what I need to maintain my weight. The "shred" is coming in the post atm.

now the weathers nicer I will get my bike out and the kids trailer that goes on the back and try and get out cycling at the weekends again :)
I am thinking of taking DD out to do some biking. She has been riding her bike a bit lately.

I do love love love this nicer weather :D

Me, too!

Good night, Katie. Sleep well.

MM

hope your body is behaving itself and the gain is going. :)

Back