Determined and Motivated

Hey Everyone
So today is Day 1 for me. me and the pharmacist have worked out I'll prob need to be on LT until Christmas time to lose just over four stone which will bring me to my goal weight. It seems like a long time but I'm going to take it one day at a time!
I've read that the first week is the hardest so tonight I've planned the cinema and I've been distracting myself by reading other peoples diaries which have left me feeling positive. The rest of the week I plan to spring clean which never happened in spring lol
Ideally I want to get back to the gym-too paranoid about my weight (ironic) and at the minute I can hardly push my toddler up the hill near our home in her pram-big motivation for me.

Good Luck Everyone

Sorry I'm only seeing this now. It's great you have a plan and just take it day by day and we're on here for help and support..

Yeah search for Joanie's back. And get that paracetamol down you, it's sugar withdrawal..

Thank you wee Dee!

Still a sore head today but after reading everyones threads im hoping it passes by tomorrow which will be day 4!

I weighed myself this morning and im already down 6lbs bringing me to 11.12 woooohoooo I know its all water weight but its given me motivation to get through today-one day at a time

Well done, day 5 can be tough so stick with the painkillers and you'll be fine!

Day 5 and headaches are gone! yay! Absolutely starving though.

Was cooking sausages for sandwiches for the kids this morning before work and was very nearly tempted. Then everyone ordered sandwiches in work but managed to resist. Quite proud of myself. Struggling to drink more than 2 litres of water-do you think i need to up this?

Is it normal to feel really really cold? cant get heated up at all and everyone else is complaining about the heat!

Yip, heat is a side effect of metabolising food plus our body's are conserving energy. Plus your heat padding is melting lol

Thanks Joanne. Your a fountain of knowledge!

So I got confused and thought yesterday was my day 5 and was glad id survived. But yesterday was day 4. The bank holiday confused me. Lol. Find it tough being at home all day and cooking food all day but sill determined and the loss already has spurred me on. Weighed 12.9 on my scales this morning which means an 8lb loss so hoping for a 10lb loss on weigh in on Tuesday

Don't worry love I don't mind!

Ah I know if I didn't honk I wouldn't know what day it is. And I normally work so being at home all day is a challenge and cooking all the meals is tough as I can't taste to check or season etc

Looks like your gonna have a great loss and looking forward to hearing, keep checking in and keep us up to date

Fabulous you'll do great!

Good on you JoanieK to make it to the 4 week post. It's a great acheivement. And malibu, I'm looking at you holding the 7 day milestone and thinking I've got to be standing there next Monday, come what may. So thank you all for inspiring.

Aw thanks deflating and good luck before you know it you'll be this far along!

Hi JoanieK and Malibu and deflating, really pleased I came across your posts as I am on day 14 and desperate for motivation to carry on.

Its so difficult on your own!

Your weight loses are inspiring!

I am also feeling really cold I thought it was just me.

Onward and downward!!!

Very true Hun onwards and downward one day at a time!

I had my weigh in this morning and im 9 1/2 pounds down! plus its my totm so she said that wold also have affected it. Im so happy and of course totally spurred on for this week! I can really notice it around my stomach, in fact i didnt realise how bloated i was!

So im down from 13st 3.5 lb to 12st 8lb :)

I have a couple of hurdles this week. my aunt and uncles 40th anniversary meal tomorrow night and my friends 30th meal on Saturday night! but like you've said Joanie it really is just one day at a time and I know I can do this.

Oh Lozzal-day 14-well done! Cant wait to see my losses on day 14. Do you have a diary? Have you noticed many changes?

Deflating you will do it! There were a couple of days I wasn't so sure but just kept busy, kept away from food and drank plenty of water and peppermint tea. something hot seems to satisfy me more than water!

Keep going everyone!!

WOW well done on 9.5 lb reduction ( i dont like to call it a loss as its intentional and a 'gain' really!). Must be a real motivator to carry on.
How are you feelin? is it easier then the first week?

Take care.

Back