Determined man on Lipotrim - countdown to wedding!

I blame the nausea from my meds and people seem to accept it. It shuts down the ah sure go on and you only need to deal with yourself then..

Good luck this evening..

Well done Deflating what a fantastic weight loss for your first week. I hope you are feeling very pleased with yourself.

Thanks Lozzal, yes it is a good feeling seeing the numbers down, but also feeling that bit lighter and certainly less bloated.

Day9
Last night we were at a wedding. I knew it would be difficult to just sip water without mking a statement. So, at the reception I had nothing. Beleive me that was murder as the food that was pouring out of there was amazing - I tried not to look too close but there must have been 50 different dishes offered and I just did the rounds with my glass of water. I refused first and second course saying i was stuffed from the reception, but the main course got me. So I had a really small steak and a really small sweet n sour chicken breast and about 6 green beans. That was it. didnt touch drinks or desert. So, I feel defeated but still in control. What do you think?

Otherwise back on track fighting fit. Just having my morning shake (btw, I skipped the evening shake as was at the wedding) with 1.5 litres of yorkshire best water, aka ALDI.

Sat next to a good friend last night and the first thing they said as I approached was 'wow you've lost so much weight, you'll look brill fior the wedding' So 7 kg must make a difference. I do feel it, but I want to be out of obese asap, and there's a long way to go still. Funny how much we crave compliments.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Good work mate and well done for resisting so well! Really good will power to have done as well as you did.

Keep on keeping on!

Good luck ;)

I don't think you should be hard on yourself for the small amount you ate, you made the best decision you could under the circumstances. I think you should give yourself a pat on the back, you showed remarkable willpower well done!

I simply say draw a line under it and focus on now. Keep with it and focus on all the compliments you'll get as father of the bride..

Aww thanks for the support peeps. Really is so detrimental to getting on without letting up.

Day 10

I think after the pit stop on Monday night, Tuesday was more difficult, cravings all day, but thankfully was at work until after 9pm so had no time to actually succumb to temptation. So back on 100% tfr. I've set my mind to keeping 100% till Saturday, if I think its only for another 4 days it's somewhat easier - like a mini countdown. When I get to Sat. I can set up another mini finish line. I think this works for me.
I certainly hope that Ketosis is with me, but I'm not gonna take a test because there is nothing i can do about it anyway.

Deflating there are times this is day by day others are hour by hour.

Absolutely agree Joanie. And some hours are really long!
Day11

Really chuffed the 2 week line is looming, the second week is really not that difficult compared to the first. It's no piece of cake..oops, takes constant willpower and massive doses of determination, but once you truly beleive that you can and will do it no matter what, it's very doable. So, if you are reading this and just starting, its really steep uphill the first 5/6 days, best to start at the beginning of the week as the weekends are naturally more difficult to be away from the kitchen; but then its just day after day.

I make a point of not stepping on my home scales between weigh in's but today i had a sneak peek. 102.3, thats another 1 kg since Mondays weigh in. Hope my scale is in line with the pharmacy one.

Anyway, best luck over the weekend to all.

Ah fabulous progress! Time has the strangest way of being long but flying by on this. I'm halfway through week 6 and it's mental. When I first envisioned 3 months tfr it seemed immense. Now trying to picture 6 more weeks is still immense but looking back like the blink of an eye.

Day12
Thanks Joanie, for the daily dose of encouragement, much appreciated.
Had a down day yesterday, felt diminished energy, and you know how you start doubting the path you've taken etc. so was almost tempted to throw in the towel, but thankfully i persuaded myself to stick it out till Monday weigh in, telling myself that i need a proper refeed program anyway, so cant just bail out.
Today feel quite a bit better, so will have to march on through the next week at least.
Gotta stay tough thru the weekend. Challenge me please!

You sound like I did at the end of last week when I was around the same point on my programme - no energy, mood very hit & miss etc but it does pass. If you give in now, you will be as mad as hell with yourself so don't do it. Keep thinking of your end goals (daughters wedding and your health) You started this programme for a reason - just keep reminding yourself what they are and keep putting one foot in front of another :)

Cheering you on!

You weathered the challenge, this prepared you for refeed and maintenance. Focus on the strength to resist and learning what triggers the difficult days.

I'm impressed at your resolve and you will make your daughter the proudest on her wedding day.

Day14
JoanieK your advice just gets better, so true! I do need to tackle the triggers to bingeing. Had one such episode on Friday, I'm ashamed to admit, worked long hours, was tired and hungry and just attacked food like a ravenous dog. It only lasted 3 minutes, but i felt so stupid and guilty. Also, I realised that I need to re-establish my relationship to food before even thinking of a refeed.
But I'm kinda proud that it's nearly 48 hours since, and I'm clean 100% since, so that's my resolve for the next week.

Again, thanks for the encouragement, it all helps.

Deflating I'm proud you jumped back on and never be ashamed on here, this is where you can bare your weaknesses and get insights to help you maintain.

This is my third go but I maintained for nearly 6 years till I had my little one. I did it last year but had a procedure before I was refeeding and I fell off the wagon due to a major flare of my autoimmune. Between it and drugs I gained back and more. This time round I need to learn how to weather my sickest days and not turn to food when the pain is at its worst. Lt is probably 25% physical and 75% mental, those that maintain and indeed continue to lose learn this is a lifelong journey- I lost over a stone after refeed first time.

I do believe that you have learnt an important lesson- I imagine this will always be a trigger and it's how to put things in place to avoid it. I see no harm in you purchasing a few lighter life or exante bars to keep in the desk at work for this situation. It's about managing what spurs us into a binge and did we even enjoy it.

I'm always here so feel free when struggling to message to chat but lose the guilt, line drawn under it and as my father in law said it's not a mistake if you learn from it.

Hi Deflating well done you for getting back on track. We all have weak moments, its how you deal with them that counts. It takes real strength of character to do what you did and get back on track, it would be much easier to throw in the towel, but you didn't, you were bigger than that and got yourself sorted. you should give yourself an enormous pat on the back for your resolve. Really well done and keep going!!!

Day15
Wow, its the start of my third week on Lipo. seems unreal. Had my wi this morning - I expected 2-3 lb but it showed 6lb loss. couldnt believe it! so i jumped on again just to double check! I have been excersising daily since mid last week and I'm sure it helps, plus I do drink like a camel. So quite pleased but not complacent as I've got so much to lose to even get out of the obese category and that must happen pronto.
So straight on into week 3.
God luck to all, me included!

Day16
Just another day on Lipo. It's one of those days when I feel on reduced energy which is not good.
Yesterday I was really hungry after work and could have eaten a horse, but went straight for my shake, shook it up and had it in the garden with an extra litre of water. Did pick on a leaf of lettuce later on though, obviously still not 100% in control.
On goes the march to the end of the week.

Back