Determined man on Lipotrim - countdown to wedding!

Don't worry it's to be expected after a blip and if that lettuce stopped you gorging on carbs great. Focus on the positive and the achievement, you are 1 step closer to 100% and that's epic!

Day17
After a lethargic morning, energy levels picked up in the afternoon and I ended up working till 10:15 pm. Was wacked out by the time i got home, so just had half a shake and hit the shower. Have to se what to do with half a shake now! maybe I'll keep it for a rainy day, when or if I've had something real to eat. For now, 100% tfr and full of energy, which I'm pleased about. Up and on towards the weekend.
Reminder to me: get the water level more towards the 3 litre mark rather then the 2 litre that is happening at the mo.

Oh man how do you manage on 2l? I only had 2l on Monday as I was heaving every mouthful and I struggled. I'm normally around the 4l mark to avoid false hunger.

Sorry if inappropriate for me to comment but I just wanted to reassure you. I maintained for nearly 6 years. The key is this is a journey and use tfr to learn about yourself. You have got to remember every day that there is a fat person dying to break.out and we can't eat like others. Every day we need to follow some principles. For me it's low carb/GI cross and it's served me well, I weigh every week same day and time to monitor if I'm creeping up. I have a tolerance of 5/6lbs but watch and adjust to stay within my happy zone.

On this diet we learn the emotional side of our eating and triggers but spend time learning about different diet programmes and nutrition and pick what suits you. I can count calories and carbs and judge a GI quicker than points and syns.

Also keep on the forums and keep on track. There's monthly challenges that are great and keep you on track. If you assume you can go back to how you previously lived that's wrong but you can live so much better...

Great post :rolleyes:

Joanie, I dont manage. I do need my 3l or i'm dry and weak. it's just that now that the temps have dropped you kinda can't be bothered. But I know its mega important.

Hehe I'd be choking with thirst. I'm about halfway through pint no 4 and going slow today...

Day18
Yesterday, I was OK during the day but towards evening I felt lightheaded and weak, so I splurged - albeit controlled and sensible - I had a fresh out the oven, no fat added peice of salmon steak. I must say it was heaven, I've never eaten so slowly and enjoyed every mouthful. I think it did the trick, so I may have some in reserve when I'm next feeling like I'm collapsing. The fastest simple way to cook salmon is to spice it lightly, wrap it in baking paper and stick in the 'goerge Forman' grill. Takes about 10 minutes. Sorry, we're not supposed to be talking recipes on here.
Today I'm back 100% tfr, set myself a goal of staying this way until Sunday night. Hope i do it.

Day23
I've had a few days off tfr as got a mighty flu and just couldnt bring the shakes to my lips. So I broke of, didnt have that much appetite though, but plenty of lemon tea, and too much carbs. I did gain 2lb which is less then I thought I would. But it's a setback nontheless.
Problem is that I've got loads of work to catch up on and still feeling kinda under the weather. But from this morning 100%tfr. Long may it last.

Hope everyone is well.

Ah Hun it's awful being sick on this and a flu is serious so perhaps best as I have found out from my enforced refeed.

Thanks J. Feeling almost much beeter, so back on track, otherwise there's no new suit for moi.
Day24
It's quite crazy that jujst as I was coasting along I had to break, so it's #1 as far as hnger pangs etc goes. Got no choice tho the show must go on. So I'm steadfast at least till Monday. That's how i stay motivated, half weeks at a time. The good news is that i'm back at my last week's w.i. weight. Pharmacist didnt bother weighing me as i skipped half a week and will need more stock on Friday. Really setting my sights now on getting below 100kg. Have to up my excersise.
Seems winter is creeping in, I'm cold all day. Plugged an extra heater in my office, staff not too happy, i'll soon shut it off - it's not their fault i'm overweight and have to go on this extreme diet. I take full responsibility, now it's payback time.

Invest in some thermals as even when you come off you've lost a lot of insulation.

Careful with the exercise re electrolytes but some gentle strengthening and toning will be fine.

Day25
Just dawned on me that I'm almost on this for 4 weeks. Ok there have been 2 episodes of caving in for a couple of days, but all in all I've been on track and quite chuffed about that. This morning I reached into the back of my clodet for a size 16 shirt (I'm in size 17 normally) and it kinda fit. Was scared to wear it to work though as it's still strained sitting down. That will my next acheivement, gosh I've got so many size 16 shirts waiting to be worn. Whenever I bought a 17, it was only with half a heart and an imminent plan to get back into size 16. Havent been there for about 10 years, besides once when I lost 15kg on Lipo but put it all back within 6 months :(
Someone suggested that I set an alarm on my phone every 2 hours, reminding me to drink 500ml of water, so it's nicely spaced out during the day. I'll try that shortly.
Gotto rush, bests to all.

DAY26
Quick update as mad busy. Just restocked at pharmacy as they were short stocked, and cashier asked me how much i've lost, saying i look really well. That's nice to hear and it motivates to continue up and on.
Weekend looming, really dreading having to put up a fight with myself all day. It's much harder when you're home much of the time and there's food all over and all the time. Dunno how the ladies do it, really Kudos. I have made the kitchen out of bounds for myself, that the only way I get through it. Unfortunately, I still haven't got my food adiction out of my head. I really have to figure some way of educating my brain that i only need a small amount of healthy food, 3 times a day, not at every oportunity. I must learn not to crave food, not to use food as a stress buster and not to eat standing and between meals. If only I could be dead strict about not eating after 8, i'd have much less to lose. The evenings are my downfall. Maybe I'll get some session booked with a nutritionist or some kind of mind therapy. I'm so scared of putting back the weight that sometimes i'll ditch the diet just so that i dont hate myself for piling it all back on.

Hey, did you say short. OMG.

Nice w/end to all.

There's interesting reading online about habits how they form and the time taken to break them and create new habits.

Might kill sometime for you this weekend and help you understand what to expect?

Deflating I suffer the same symptoms as u - I only get thru this diet a bit at a time and I am still in my mind saying "make it to the weekend and u can have sthg to eat then" so I guess I am on the same journey trying to change my relationship with food and id my triggers - so know u are not alone - we can o oh do our best and each time we fall the most important thing is that we get back up and remember why we want to do this in the first place! Tbh I'm grateful to know you are on the same path as me - we can challenge each other now to get thru those difficult times if ya like!
You are doing great so keep her lit!

Hole ur weekend was OK and ur doing fine..

DAY32
Smurfette, your comment is so what I need just now! thanks so much. I had a lipotrim meltdown over the weekend. We had guests and I saw the fact that I could'nt be bothered with the comments and questions as an excuse to 'go easy' for a day. |The intention was to do 1 shake in the morning and have 1 non carb meal for dinner. It didnt work though. I fell off big time. I did keep tabs but was really not strict enough. Bottom line, since Saturday i've gained nearly half a kg.
Anyway, last night i took myself for a long walk and a heart 2 heart with myself. I'll spare you the details, suffice to say that I NEED, MUST, HAVE TO lose weight to stay healthy. That is the beginning and end of it. I know so many people of my age with type 2 diabetes tat could have been avoided. And i just have to get a grip of myself. So I'm on 100% TFR, and on a 100% no car regimen and 100% no entry to the kitchen. This car and kitchen fast has to stay in place for the next 12 days, so that's my next mini goal. It's tough and I get little encouragement outside this lovely virtual world, so all support is really valued.
I'm travelling abroad on business Sunday to Thursday next week, so that's going to be an extra test. I really want to prove that I can stick to it, and it's a MUST.
Been to Lidl today to stock up on 48 x 500ml waters, I make sure to get through 5 in work and at least another 2 in the evening. Plus the water in the shakes and I'm running all day!

Be good Be well.

Hey you've 3 stone down its hard to keep the same momentum and that's where the danger in blips lie.

I have suggested to others who get to the third blip to consider doing a 5:2 variation, that is 5 days tfr and 2 days with 2 shakes and a delicious low carb meal?

Either way talk to us and make ur decision don't let cravings make the decision. We're here whatever this crossroads brings but this is not the end of a journey by any stretch..

JoanieK's sage advise to Derry. I do think it may be sensible for me to take on your sugestion for the weekend as that's when I really have a war going on. Will think about it over the next 24 hours. If it's a planned meal, it's more likely to be controlled and you have something to look forward to. Sounds grand.

Deflating I'm glad you have for yourself back on and a I said this is your plan for you. I'm.sorry there's a lack of support out there but I suppose I've found it part and parcel, some don't understand it and there are a lot who secretly don't want you to succeed.

You will lose the weight. I did a few days travelling with work my first time but I managed it, it was easier bar the water intake.

Back