Determined newbie!!

mishelly77

Decided to start my own thread as I feel like I'm nattering away on everyone else's!! ;)

Anyway, have not done Slim Fast before so thought I would give it a go as I've been following SW since new year and have only lost 8lb in 8 weeks, and 5lb of that was my first week!!!

So, I started yesterday morning. My usual weigh in day is on Thursdays so I'm going to stick to that . I did weigh before I started yesterday morning and I was the same as last Thursday. Hopefully I will have lost a little by tomorrow which will spur me on! I have to admit though, I'm enjoying not thinking about food all the time and finding it quite easy!

I have today ordered some zero noodles from Holland and Barrett to use in my 600 cal evening meal, after hearing about them on another thread. Has anyone tried them or recommend them?

Any advice or support will be gratefully received and, of course, reciprocated;) lol xxx

In reply to your other post you need to at least eat the calorie amount set by SF or else your body goes into starvation mode. Diets like cambridge etc are ketogenic so you can eat less but SF isnt. Im not wanting to preach to you hun but im not wanting that to ruin your dieting attempts.

I agree not having to think about food constantly is a big help. On WW i was constantly thinking of my next meal and snacks etc. With this its easier.

I lost 3 stone with SF back in 2011 so i know it works :)

SF is great for me, I used to do sliming world and i felt I was becoming obsessed with food, I was either looking at magazines for inspiration, writing menu plans, shopping for food or writing down what I had eaten. I knew on any given day what I was going to eat for breakfast, dinner tea and snacks for at least 4 days in advance lol.
On sf the only meal I think about is my evening meal, no hassle no fuss.
In my first week on sf I lost 8 lb :)

Loser85, I don't think your preaching;) I'm glad for the advice as I've not done sf before so all information greatly appreciated! And, I did eat all my 600 cals last night but found I was struggling towards the end of my meal, which was nice. I don't usually feel "full"

mcv, totally agree with you! I was constantly writing lists, lol;) And well done on the loss!!

Well, I've weighed myself this morning and I've lost 7lb!!!!
I'm just going to write that again... 7lb!!!!
I'm under no illusion that a lot of that will probably be water weight but its given me such a boost.
I don't think I've ever lost that much in one go!
Happy bunny :) :) :)

I'm going to my friends for her birthday tonight and they are ordering Chinese.
I don't want to sabotage my last three days of hard work!

Does anyone know what I can have from the Chinese in my 600cal limit please? xxx

Chicken chow mein will probably be your best bet x

Chicken chow mein will probably be your best bet x

Thanks Jewel77 :)
That's what I was thinking of going with but have tried to look for calorie content on My Fitness Pal and its just showing measurements in cups!!! Lol;)

I will have another look later and see if I can find it somewhere.

How did your Chinese night go...I had one tonight for my mums birthday celebrations.
Reading this thread is inspiring, I may try slim fast, any advice would be great....I'll go buy some tomorrow:eek:)
I'd like to loose about 2 stone in total,x

How did your Chinese night go...I had one tonight for my mums birthday celebrations.
Reading this thread is inspiring, I may try slim fast, any advice would be great....I'll go buy some tomorrow:eek:)
I'd like to loose about 2 stone in total,x

Hi Emma.
Chinese night went well actually. I had chicken chow mein, think it worked out at 438 cals which was excellent!!
I'm on day 6 now and I'm really enjoying it. The taking away of not having to constantly think about food has been bliss! And, I always cook from scratch but I have tried a couple of ready meals with potatoes and mixed veg which has been so nice and I'm surprised at the amount of food you can have for 600 cals!
Tonight is aldi fish pie with wedges and mixed veg, nom nom;)

I would definitely recommend SF!
This is the first time I've done it after doing SW for years. And to have such a good loss after just 2 days was just the incentive I needed to convince me.
My weigh in day is Thursday and I'm not expecting to have such a massive loss as last Thursday but a loss will be an improvement on maintaining every week on SW, even though I stuck to it 100%!!!

Sorry for long waffle but if you need any help or support then let me know. And everyone is really welcoming and supportive on here too!!
Good luck and keep me posted :) :) xx

Cheers mishelly...wow, chow mein is lower cals than I thought!
I didn't end up buying the slim fast today but will defiantly get on it tomorrow, I'm still feeling fat as a house after eating crap for my mums birthday, I'm usually such a healthy eater but I'm just maintaining my weight by doing that, I need to get on the plan and take action.
I have a few worries tho, going out is my main down fall, me and my partner love the pub (not too much) but its not good for the diet,Ahhh!...well, he is the main problem...I'm going to have to tell him I'm being strict with myself and for him to go with it.
How was your day today? Are you exercising much with it?:)

Cheers mishelly...wow, chow mein is lower cals than I thought!
I didn't end up buying the slim fast today but will defiantly get on it tomorrow, I'm still feeling fat as a house after eating crap for my mums birthday, I'm usually such a healthy eater but I'm just maintaining my weight by doing that, I need to get on the plan and take action.
I have a few worries tho, going out is my main down fall, me and my partner love the pub (not too much) but its not good for the diet,Ahhh!...well, he is the main problem...I'm going to have to tell him I'm being strict with myself and for him to go with it.
How was your day today? Are you exercising much with it?:)

How are you getting on Emma? Did you get your slim fast?
I'm not sure about the calorie content in alcohol, lol;)
I haven't started exercising yet but I used to run and I've got a x-trainer in my bedroom so I am gonna try this weekend.
I always have the best intentions where exercise is concerned but I severely lack the motivation!!!
How have you got on today?

Omg!! I've had the worst weekend ever!

Done really well up until Friday evening when I came in from work and all of a sudden I was "starving"
I tried to reason with myself but ended up eating a bag of mini cheddars and then carried on all weekend eating buttery toast, big roast dinners, 2 bars of chocolate etc.
I'm really disappointed with myself, especially as im now lying in bed with terrible tummy ache;(
So, back on it in the morning 100% to try and undo some of the damage hopefully :) xx

Omg!! I've had the worst weekend ever!

Done really well up until Friday evening when I came in from work and all of a sudden I was "starving"
I tried to reason with myself but ended up eating a bag of mini cheddars and then carried on all weekend eating buttery toast, big roast dinners, 2 bars of chocolate etc.
I'm really disappointed with myself, especially as im now lying in bed with terrible tummy ache;(
So, back on it in the morning 100% to try and undo some of the damage hopefully :) xx

Oh no! Try not to let it get you down. I always think that the occasional slip up does you good as you focus more on the coming week! Good luck xxx

Hello,

Im new to minimins just joined today and am really please to have found this thread!

I am on day 3 of SF but I feel like i'm cheating, I don't know why because i'm sticking to the shakes and the three snacks a day - my weigh in day is next monday so fingers crossed :D
Waht do you think would be an expected weight loss for wekk 1 and do you do SF at the weekends? Thanks and well done all on your weight losses

Hello,

Im new to minimins just joined today and am really please to have found this thread!

I am on day 3 of SF but I feel like i'm cheating, I don't know why because i'm sticking to the shakes and the three snacks a day - my weigh in day is next monday so fingers crossed :D
Waht do you think would be an expected weight loss for wekk 1 and do you do SF at the weekends? Thanks and well done all on your weight losses

Hello and welcome!!
For weight loss, it really depends how heavy you are to start with. When i first started SF before Christmas, i lost 10lb in my furst week. Restarted in the New Year and lost 8lbs. I am having steady losses now but am getting so bored!
Good luck with your journey xxx

Iv started today! I currently weight 9 stone 6lb and looking to lose a stone :) gonna start a diary xx

How are you getting on? I'm on day 5 and enjoying it :) had a sneaky weigh this morning and I've lost 4lb. X

Back