Determined to be foxy 42 by 2014! Want to join me?

Micci the smartprice asda noodles are about 6 syns a packet. But I've always took out the flavour sachet and added my own herbs and stock cube and counted them syn free. I don't normally have more than 2 packets a week and my weight loss has never been affected, if I've gained weight I know why :) mind you I eat tinned fruit most days and a tin all to myself which must equate to about 2-3 syns a day and I never count them either xx

El the smash pizza is so easy. Just make the instant mash up (but with a lot less water) until you can mould it around. I normally mix in garlic and herbs into the powder before I add water. Leave it to cool for about 10 minutes then mould it into a pizza shape I usually have it pretty thin (thinner than a thin base). Spray it with fright and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the base is springy when pressed. Take out leave to cool. Then spread with tomato purée and whatever pizza topping you like. I've loved it everything Ive made it but it can be a bit hit and miss...here's mine from last time I made it xx

image-1109800763.jpg

I'll have a look next time I'm in Asda. The ones I was looking at today, some Singapore brand I think, said on the ingredients that the noodles were flour, palm oil salt and water which I would prefer to avoid. The big packets of plain noodles are cheap enough anyway, I think I'll stick to them. I like them with Osem chicken flavour stock that has my dh shaking his head with disaproval as he has checked the salt content of it. The fat chewy Japaese ones are nice, but more ££££y

That smash/asda/tesco etc instant mash is good for all sorts like that* I used it to make fake Tuscan flat bread for bruschetta once, not that convincing but nice.

*see earlier discussion about syns :)

I'll have a look next time I'm in Asda. The ones I was looking at today, some Singapore brand I think, said on the ingredients that the noodles were flour, palm oil salt and water which I would prefer to avoid. The big packets of plain noodles are cheap enough anyway, I think I'll stick to them. I like them with Osem chicken flavour stock that has my dh shaking his head with disaproval as he has checked the salt content of it. The fat chewy Japaese ones are nice, but more ££££y

That smash/asda/tesco etc instant mash is good for all sorts like that* I used it to make fake Tuscan flat bread for bruschetta once, not that convincing but nice.

*see earlier discussion about syns :)

I use instant mash to make syn free gravy and to thicken curries and stews. Roll them into balls with rosemary and sage and bake them in the oven and they can pass as stuffing dumplings. Amazing potato cakes too.....flippin' eck how have I lived without it all these years ;)

I too love the chewy white noodles but they got a gazillion syns in them but they're mega filling but I can't justify the price considering T and S would easily eat a packet each to themselves - but they're nice with a stir fry and some sauce xx

Micci the smartprice asda noodles are about 6 syns a packet. But I've always took out the flavour sachet and added my own herbs and stock cube and counted them syn free. I don't normally have more than 2 packets a week and my weight loss has never been affected, if I've gained weight I know why :) mind you I eat tinned fruit most days and a tin all to myself which must equate to about 2-3 syns a day and I never count them either xx

El the smash pizza is so easy. Just make the instant mash up (but with a lot less water) until you can mould it around. I normally mix in garlic and herbs into the powder before I add water. Leave it to cool for about 10 minutes then mould it into a pizza shape I usually have it pretty thin (thinner than a thin base). Spray it with fright and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the base is springy when pressed. Take out leave to cool. Then spread with tomato purée and whatever pizza topping you like. I've loved it everything Ive made it but it can be a bit hit and miss...here's mine from last time I made it xx

View attachment 84957

Ooooh that looks delish! Will have to try that! x

hi hunny- just dropping by to see how you're getting on. Some very interesting reads- I've never understood all this syning cooked fruits if its a small amount. If you were all having a pineapple ring on top of some gammon would you syn it coz its hot or are we supposed to syn it?? xx

So have had a good diet day but feel a bit lacklustre and losing patience with cold weather (im a winter lover i should add!). Think its down to our friend totm (booooo). Studied tonight and its taken hours to find info about it but hooray its done for a few days. I will force myself to have an early night I think as sure I will sleep tonight as think d has slipped drugs into my squash im so cottonwoolly!! Lovely day 2 dhansak for dins - rice tonight too. Yum yum. 10 syns. Lots and lots of drink - tea,coffee,nas Ribena, nas orange, water. Got to finish a pressie I'm making. Will take a photo if any good. Was thinking - no1 seems to have had a birthday - ok when are they?

So have had a good diet day but feel a bit lacklustre and losing patience with cold weather (im a winter lover i should add!). Think its down to our friend totm (booooo). Studied tonight and its taken hours to find info about it but hooray its done for a few days. I will force myself to have an early night I think as sure I will sleep tonight as think d has slipped drugs into my squash im so cottonwoolly!! Lovely day 2 dhansak for dins - rice tonight too. Yum yum. 10 syns. Lots and lots of drink - tea,coffee,nas Ribena, nas orange, water. Got to finish a pressie I'm making. Will take a photo if any good. Was thinking - no1 seems to have had a birthday - ok when are they?

My 44th is on the 22nd June, and I'm going backwards in age from then on :D

My 44th is on the 22nd June, and I'm going backwards in age from then on :D

Gosh we are close, I'm on the 29th and eeeeeeek I'll be 56! What about you Michelle?

I'm not til December. 3rd and 42 of course! Diary a bit of a give away there not like I can knock any years off!

Im August 29th. A bit off yet and ill be 27 xxx

What a wonderful little creature, your friend should love him/her

So all bran for brekkie . 6 Finn crisps as snack. Jacket pot & beans. Strawbs, mango, banana. Could eat and eat today. Coffee now!

Why of course. Pm me your address, the colours you'd prefer & as soon as I can a little owl will be yours!! Tell you what he can be your one stone award!

Back