Determined to be foxy 42 by 2014! Want to join me?

omg I love those cupcakes, they are just the cutest. You've got a natural talent there hun, wouldn't think it was the first ones you had made xx

Thanks all! Gave one to a 60th birthday girl at work & d has has 2. I have no desire to eat one- they're only sponge with a blob of buttercream and icing which doesn't really excite me. Not worth the hideous high synnage & matching heiferesque thighs. I'm here with my lemon curd quark and I'm feeling horribly righteous! As I walked out of counselling today her parting words were 'don't eat those cupcakes'!! I was surprised she didn't follow it up with 'lardarse'!!

OH BTW what is lemon Curd Quark? do you buy the quark and add lemon curd to it?

Hope you kept smiling. I had a good day at work as my boss visited and offered me a huge project that might actually be a challenge ( scary though!!). Yes it's quark with lemon curd ( I always recommend my local tiptree lemon curd made just a few mikes away) stirred in. Yummmmmmmy!

Hello,

I came to visit. Your cupcakes are indeed very pretty and you should feel proud of yourself for choosing to treat your body longterm rather than eat them. I've been baking tonight but I'll jabber on about it on my diary. You eat a fait bit of tofu I notice, what do you do with it? Or do you like it white and bland straight from the pack? I like it scrambled with LOTS of nutritional yeast, of which I am rather fond.

Hope you have a nice weekend, and find employment better suited to your interests and skills.

Hope you kept smiling. I had a good day at work as my boss visited and offered me a huge project that might actually be a challenge ( scary though!!). Yes it's quark with lemon curd ( I always recommend my local tiptree lemon curd made just a few mikes away) stirred in. Yummmmmmmy!

Sounds good! I use our local farm shops quite a lot.

Still smiling! Had a good day 100%. Busy weekend ahead and my mum has come to stay!

Hope you have a good weekend. ?

Hello,

I came to visit. Your cupcakes are indeed very pretty and you should feel proud of yourself for choosing to treat your body longterm rather than eat them. I've been baking tonight but I'll jabber on about it on my diary. You eat a fait bit of tofu I notice, what do you do with it? Or do you like it white and bland straight from the pack? I like it scrambled with LOTS of nutritional yeast, of which I am rather fond.

Hope you have a nice weekend, and find employment better suited to your interests and skills.

Hi Micci

Thanks for dropping by. Still 2 uneaten cakes in the kitchen. Hooray! It shows the change in mindset - at last.

With my tofu ( I always buy cauldron) I cut it up into blocks & fry 2 sides with fry light til it's quite well done. I am not keen on it wobbly and plain so mix it with salad & chilli sauce, or veg for a stir fry. Yesterday just eat cooked bits as a snack for lunch plain. Lovely.

I don't think I can see your diary can I if its in the silver section? not sure how it works. If I can let me know the name of it & I will pop in. Notice on your little bio you like arts & crafts. I love my crochet but have not had so much time recently. Which crafts do you do? I should get back to Tito keep my hands busy & out of the fridge!

Sounds good! I use our local farm shops quite a lot.

Still smiling! Had a good day 100%. Busy weekend ahead and my mum has come to stay!

Hope you have a good weekend. ?

Friend arriving in 2 hours, got cold & have to dress & tidy house uhoh!! Said no takeaways though & I'm getting them dinner stuff in town so I can have an sw friendly meal. Hoping for a good weekend although not sure I can fit in shred before she arrives. May have some very exciting news Tuesday but under wraps for now..... Drum roll........!!!!

Friend arriving in 2 hours, got cold & have to dress & tidy house uhoh!! Said no takeaways though & I'm getting them dinner stuff in town so I can have an sw friendly meal. Hoping for a good weekend although not sure I can fit in shred before she arrives. May have some very exciting news Tuesday but under wraps for now..... Drum roll........!!!!

Oh! I hate it when you keep me in suspenders!.....could this be a new job I wonder!!!??!!

I was reading about how you do your Tofu on the other comment and I think I might try some of that. I've only tried it once and all the faffing balancing weights on it to get the moisture to drain just put me off especially after it tasted like savoury jelly after wards and literally disintegrated into my curry. I'm going to get some and fry it up like you do probably put loads of black pepper and onion salt and see how it goes.

Have a lovely day with your friends :) xxxx

Hi Micci

Thanks for dropping by. Still 2 uneaten cakes in the kitchen. Hooray! It shows the change in mindset - at last.

With my tofu ( I always buy cauldron) I cut it up into blocks & fry 2 sides with fry light til it's quite well done. I am not keen on it wobbly and plain so mix it with salad & chilli sauce, or veg for a stir fry. Yesterday just eat cooked bits as a snack for lunch plain. Lovely.

I don't think I can see your diary can I if its in the silver section? not sure how it works. If I can let me know the name of it & I will pop in. Notice on your little bio you like arts & crafts. I love my crochet but have not had so much time recently. Which crafts do you do? I should get back to Tito keep my hands busy & out of the fridge!

I like a lot of marination, will have a try doing it your way as I used to like it fried. I'd never though of doing it with frylight. To see my angst ridden personal diary you have to have 500 posts IIRC, but my other one where I put recipes is under my sig. To find my posts you can click on my name and look at other forum posts, that should get you there.

So, you crochet? Like real, following patterns stuff? Deep deep respect from me. I can do hats in triple treble (?????) and that's it. I had a rather improper version of that stitch and years ago was sitting on a bench in a square in Falmouth doing it may way and a lady sitting next to me could stand it no longer and showed me how to do it properly. My favourite activities are papier mache and masks but as an ex home educating mum with a son who does like costumes I've been called upon to produce all sorts of things at very short notice. One halloween we were driving to the party venue using the car's heater to dry the paint on his costume that I'd sewn earlier in the day. I like doing tudor costumes too, made some for sale for a school visit to Kentwell last year which was rather good but nerve wracking.

Have a lovely time with your friends, good idea to put your foor down about no takeaways.

Get posting and you can join me on my lonely diary ;)

Oi !!! Where are you? Want to know how you got on yesterday. I hope you're feeling ok I know you've got a cold, hope its not got worse :sigh:
........sending hugs :bighug:xxx

Oi !!! Where are you? Want to know how you got on yesterday. I hope you're feeling ok I know you've got a cold, hope its not got worse :sigh:
........sending hugs :bighug:xxx

Howdy my sweet. My friend and son were staying so had to have minimins time out which was worryingly annoying!! We just dropped them at witham due to engineering so im back now and will be most of day as although cold not awful (am v lucky & never get things too badly) I have strict instructions from d to lounge on sofa all day watching films. Already said I want to go for a walk & do some sweet pea planting in pots in the garden but for once he is being strict!! It's unusual as I'm the bossy one but I quite like it!

I am though going to do a very light attempt at 30 day shred though as cant bear the thought of missing a day with only 5 days left.

So, yesterday. Fruit salad & 2% total (1) with 1 tsp honey (1)
30 day shred
Walk to town to meet s&t.
Jacket with beans & salad.
Walk around town, to castle, to bus (4.5 km - measured it in map my fitness which will add to my John o groats to lands end challenge on sw site- Lisa you should def sign up for one its great!)
Home.
Dinner for them was mussels& chips with profiteroles. For me it was salad with quorn pieces cooked with pepper, onion & oregano. Then some fruit. Then quark with 1 teaspoon Nutella (2)
Had 2 glasses wine plus 2 extra sips (14). Also had extra milk (2)
So, I was over syns - 20 so can claw back 5 today and 5 Monday.

Phew kids are hard work. How/why do people do it?! T is a lovely boy but the moaning, crying, flopping about etc - I just wouldn't have the patience full time!!

Today-
Fruit salad, 2% total, honey (2 syns)
Snack 5 multigrain Finn crisp
V late lunch (ie now)-eggs and 3 lincs cauldron sausages (1.5) in 2 m&s wmeal subs (hexb)

Not sure about dins. Now to retire to my orange sofa with book and blanket. Feel so lazy though!!

I like a lot of marination, will have a try doing it your way as I used to like it fried. I'd never though of doing it with frylight. To see my angst ridden personal diary you have to have 500 posts IIRC, but my other one where I put recipes is under my sig. To find my posts you can click on my name and look at other forum posts, that should get you there.

So, you crochet? Like real, following patterns stuff? Deep deep respect from me. I can do hats in triple treble (?????) and that's it. I had a rather improper version of that stitch and years ago was sitting on a bench in a square in Falmouth doing it may way and a lady sitting next to me could stand it no longer and showed me how to do it properly. My favourite activities are papier mache and masks but as an ex home educating mum with a son who does like costumes I've been called upon to produce all sorts of things at very short notice. One halloween we were driving to the party venue using the car's heater to dry the paint on his costume that I'd sewn earlier in the day. I like doing tudor costumes too, made some for sale for a school visit to Kentwell last year which was rather good but nerve wracking.

Have a lovely time with your friends, good idea to put your foor down about no takeaways.

Get posting and you can join me on my lonely diary ;)

Kentwell is not so far from me. I've Ben to one of their theme days before (I was not in costume!!). I LOVE fancy dress. Wish more people would 1 have parties and 2- make them fancy dress. My best ever was as a party I organised one nye in a pub : I was smurfette!! Yes the crochet is patterns etc - blankets, cardigans, cushions etc. will put up some pics sometimes. You send creative but I'm better with guidance so need patterns and also I am useless at sewing, knitting, cooking etc. it's just crochet as weirdly I got taught at school! I will keep posting and them will come & nose at your diary. A diary without angst would not be worth writing - I like to sprinkle some barely hidden bits through here!

Wooo, clever you. My nanna used to crochet amazingly, net curtains, dresses, I feel ashamed at my lack of skills there but patterns look complete gibberish to me so I really do respect you being able to follow them. I saw you are an Essex girl, I am almost, walk half a mile up the road and I'm in Essex, but not the pretty bit by you. Totally agree about the sad lack of fancy dress parties. I always dress up at Halloween, I've a mask I modelled on a real skull and I think it's rather good. I like to wear it complete with hooded cloak and gloves and have had some rather good reactions whilst driving in it ;) Being a Terry Pratchet fan, I've toyed with the idea of blue lights in the eyes but ... I don't think it would work. No Binky either.

Hope your weekend has been good.

Back