Diaphragm

ykciv1985

Hello,

I have PCOS and after coming off the pill I didn't have a period for 10 months..which really upset me. My body eventually sorted itself out I have been regular now for over a year and have been useing a Diaphragm and condoms. My boyfriend however hates condoms and so we have mainly been using a diaphram...after using this for the last 6 months he eventually he has said that it is causeing some *cough* rubbing on him, and would prefer me to go on the pill as its begining to 'put him off' :S Really not sure where this leaves me in terms of upsetting my fertility. I really want to have babies eventually (i'm 26) But I also want to enjoy a healthy sex life with my boyfriend without causing him discomfort.

Sorry if this is a bit peronal but don't know what to do for the best really. any advice could help.

Thank you.

Does anyone use any other form of birth control?...or have they taken the pill the past and its affected them? or not affected them at all? I know I might not 'technically' need to use anything as apparently I’m not ovulating, but until I’m really ready to be a Mother I don't want to start testing the theory :)

I have the contraceptive implant. It has done what it's supposed to do since I've had it in (*touch wood*)... But I dont like it and thinking about having it taken out. I bled continuously for 2 months after having it In, so the dr gave me a mini pill to take for 10 days to calm the bleeding down... Which it has, but it's very irregular. I can bleed every other day for one week and for every day the next. But, it's different for every individual I guess.

Irregular bleeding is a problem with progestogen-only contraception such as depo provera injection, Implanon implant, and the 'mini' pill. Usually you get no bleeding at all but that can change over time. for example I take Cerazette mini pill which contains no estrogen (the docs were given new guidelines about 6 yrs ago not to prescribe a combined pill to women with a bmi over 30) and for years I got no bleed at all but for the past 3 or 4 months I've had staining every 2 weeks or so and a heavier bleed this time.

A lot of women do not like the unpredictability re bleeding with progestogen-only hormone contraception which I can understand as at least when you're on Ovranette or indeed any combined pill you know to expect a bleed in the 7 day break.

unfortunately I don't think there's a lot you can do apart from trying something else like a Mirena coil but then you can have unpredictable bleeding there too. I have been wondering if a double dose for a while would stop mine but I need to ask at family planning clinic. sorry i am not much help to you lol.

Back