Diary closed! Link to new diary on last page.

Stevie, what is the Thai curry like? Thai food is my favourite, and I know from IG it's one of yours too ! But always so synful. Really interested in this.

Best of luck for WI tonight. We're all rooting for you chick! :17729:X

I haven't actually tried it yet! I was meant to try it one day last week on one of my low cal days, but then had a low cal ready meal instead! It's on my menu for this week though, so I'll let you know how it is! xx

Well done on the weigh in. Im just popping by to subscribe :) you've inspired me to join my local slimming world club tomorrow night. Never done it before. seeing your food diaries has been such a big help. I cant get over the amount you've been able to eat and still have such great losses :)

2lb off which is 6.5lb off in two weeks and means I am back in the 11's! I hate that pesky half lb, I wanted my half stone award! But since this weeks not been perfect I shan't be greedy! Just happy to have managed a loss, especially as my scales had pinged back up to 12st 4lb on Thursday morning xx

Fab loss well done stevie !!!

Take a Chance and Never Look Back...♥

Morning gang, happy Tuesday! I keep thinking it's Wednesday though, which is going to make it a long week for me :rolleyes: Because weigh day used to be a Tuesday for me, and it's now a Monday, I'm always a day ahead of myself lol!

So, today marks the start of a new week. And the beginning of my SW / 5:2 combo. Really looking forward to it!

I'm having a good old Extra Easy day today, as I've got Warren coming for tea and I'm making us Fando's - fake Nando's ;) He will just have chicken and chips (he's fussy), but I'll have my HExA halloumi with it, plus corn on the cob and salad. Yum!! I think on Friday we're going for a real Nando's and to the cinema, but I could eat it every day and not get sick. Yummy!

This is how today is looking so far, but it is subject to change...

Extra Easy

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Watermelon (SS)

Lunch:
- Tesco Sweet Chilli Noodle Salad (1.5 Syns) with an added sliced Red Pepper (S) for SuperFree!
- Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Lemon Greek Yogurt

Snack:
- 25g "Grab2Go" bag of Cookie Crisp (4.5 Syns)

Dinner:
- Butterflied Chicken Breast (S) with 2 x tbsp. Nando's Medium Peri-Peri Marinade (1 Syn). Served with Spicy Potato Wedges, Grilled Halloumi (HExA), Corn on the Cob, Mixed Leaves (S) and Mango Salsa (Mango (S), Red Onion (S), Chilli (S), Coriander and Juice of half a Lime)
- 25g Haribo Minions (4.5 Syns)

Supper:
- Chocolate Orange HiFi (HExB)

Healthy Extra A: 35g Halloumi
Healthy Extra B: 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 11.5 / 15
Weekly Syns: 11.5 / 105

Last edited:
Fancy starting up a fandos branch for us xx

Hehe! The thing I love is that "real" Nando's isn't even too high in Syns. Fair enough, chips and sandwiches etc. are pretty high, but we're going on Friday night and I'm having a full meal for just 3.5 Syns - how good is that!? I'll have plain Butterfly Chicken with the skin removed (3) and add a tbsp extra hot peri peri sauce (0.5). Served with Syn-free corn on the cob (no butter) and a SuperFree mixed leaf salad. Yum!! And it still leaves me with plenty of Syns to use on cinema snacks - we're going to see "The Purge: Anarchy" afterwards xx

Yeah it is pretty good value, and mmm love cinema snacks, and good on you i don't like scary films hehe xx

I love them at the time, but always regret watching them afterwards as I tend to think about things too much lol! On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, I can't wait for the new Inbetweeners movie to be released! It comes out next Wednesday so we're hoping to go and see that with out best friends Katie and Sean sometime soon too. I love The Inbetweeners xx

do you happen to know the syns on the Nandos chicken if you leave the skin on? x

I don't unfortunately! I always used to count 3 Syns for it with the skin as the app / website didn't state "with skin removed", so I just presumed it was for the whole thing. But there was a Nando's section in the latest mag which mention it was 3 Syns, skin removed.

I just looked on the website and 25g of chicken skin is 6.5 Syns :eek: I'm not sure how many g's of skin would be on a chicken breast, but it does push the Syn count up quite a bit! Could explain some previously "unexplained" gains / small losses for me xx

I have just done a very brave thing! Well, I think it's brave for me anyway. I have text my mam and asked her to hide the bathroom scales whilst I am out of the house at work. I am sick of them controlling me and it becoming a daily thing, hopping on and off them everytime I go to the bathroom. It just doesn't fit with this "healthy lifestyle" I'm trying to achieve. It is obsessive, not healthy.

It will be tough re-adjusting this week but, from now on, the only time I will weigh is at group on a Monday evening!!

I have just done a very brave thing! Well, I think it's brave for me anyway. I have text my mam and asked her to hide the bathroom scales whilst I am out of the house at work. I am sick of them controlling me and it becoming a daily thing, hopping on and off them everytime I go to the bathroom. It just doesn't fit with this "healthy lifestyle" I'm trying to achieve. It is obsessive, not healthy.

It will be tough re-adjusting this week but, from now on, the only time I will weigh is at group on a Monday evening!!

I need to take a leaf out of your book and do this! x

I need to take a leaf out of your book and do this! x

I've been saying I will stop going on them for ages, but I never do! I literally go on them everytime I go in the bathroom at home. So the only way for me to stop is to get my mam to hide them! I may freak out a little this week, not getting to weigh myself, but it will lead to a much healthier attitude and lifestyle in the long run x

text her back and tell her to remove the batteries too just in case she doesn't hide them very well! haha x

text her back and tell her to remove the batteries too just in case she doesn't hide them very well! haha x

Good idea, except I know where the battery stash is kept lol! :rolleyes:

I think I'll be fine once they're actually removed from the bathroom, I don't think I'd go hunting for them. It's just that it's so easy and convenient to hop on them when they are on the bathroom floor xx

Congrats on clawing back and getting that loss this week Stevie. I'm excited to see how you get on with 5:2/SW - as you know I am a total convert!

I think what you're doing with the scales is really good too, it definitely is unhealthy to be jumping on/off them all the time. They really can dictate the decisions we make on a daily basis and that can't be good! xx

Congrats on clawing back and getting that loss this week Stevie. I'm excited to see how you get on with 5:2/SW - as you know I am a total convert!

I think what you're doing with the scales is really good too, it definitely is unhealthy to be jumping on/off them all the time. They really can dictate the decisions we make on a daily basis and that can't be good! xx

My thoughts exactly re: the scales! I do think that if I see I am doing well / looks like I'm going to have a good loss, subconciously my mind thinks "oh well, you can have a bit of a treat" and I become complacent. On the other hand, if the scales haven't moved in the direction I want them too I become realy strict and almost punish myself. Either that, or I think "oh well, it's ruined now anyway" (which obviously isn't the case as I have proved to myself this week!) and just go off the rails! Hoping that by having no indication of how I'm doing, other than knowing how well or not I've followed plan, will keep me going and sticking to plan "just in case".

Having my first fast day on Weds and have it all planned out! 3 meals - fruit for breakie, crispbreads with cheese spread and cherry toms for lunch and then my M&S count on us thai curry with brown rice for tea. It's amazing what you can get for your 500cals, and I'm actually really looking forward to it! xx

Back