Diary closed! Link to new diary on last page.

Ah stevie. So proud of you. You took control and really pulled it back! I know you wanted the 2.5 but 2 off is fantastic! Well done lady! Excellent news about the inches too! Really good decision on the scales! Hopping never comes to any good! You have really inspired me with your commitment to low calorie days and now the 5:2/sw thing! As you know that was my intention too but it just hasn't really worked out so far with everything I have going on and because I really just have been giving in to a lot of cake! But will be joining in from next Tuesday! X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done on the 2lb loss! Another step towards your holiday target.
I think if you don't have anything to distract you this week you could easily get the 3lb off leaving you with 1st to go... :)

Scale hopping is bad, bad, bad for you. So well done on that too. I'm a serial scale hopper, I've not jumped on too often recently but at least 3-4 times a week between weigh-in's which cannot be good.

Jealous of the fando's think I'll get some chicken marinating later on.

Ah stevie. So proud of you. You took control and really pulled it back! I know you wanted the 2.5 but 2 off is fantastic! Well done lady! Excellent news about the inches too! Really good decision on the scales! Hopping never comes to any good! You have really inspired me with your commitment to low calorie days and now the 5:2/sw thing! As you know that was my intention too but it just hasn't really worked out so far with everything I have going on and because I really just have been giving in to a lot of cake! But will be joining in from next Tuesday! X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

The thing is Tasha, when you're on it - boy are you ON IT! That cake will be history before you know it! xx

Well done on the 2lb loss! Another step towards your holiday target.
I think if you don't have anything to distract you this week you could easily get the 3lb off leaving you with 1st to go... :)

Scale hopping is bad, bad, bad for you. So well done on that too. I'm a serial scale hopper, I've not jumped on too often recently but at least 3-4 times a week between weigh-in's which cannot be good.

Jealous of the fando's think I'll get some chicken marinating later on.

Thanks Jen! Really pleased to have turned things around and still managed a loss. I'm totally 100% giving it my all for the next 5 weeks now, I want to get as much of as possible before Tenerife!

I think part of the reason for me binning (hiding) the scales this week is because I dropped my calories quite a bit last week, and I guess I'm a bit frightened that once I start eating properly (SW) again, they'll bounce back up a little for a day or two, and I really didn't want to panic or throw myself off course with all of that! I just want to relax and go with the flow.

Can't wait for Fando's tea tonight! Have also just been and bought the ingredients for a mango salsa so I'm going to have that with it too - sneak a bit more SuperFree in ;) Yum!! xx

Very sensible approach chick re the scales especially, as you said, with the fast days meaning the scales may jump a little now you're back on sw. It works well doing both by the looks of it. I never think I could do it and I'm impressed by all who can :) xxxx

When you were doing so well before, when I first joined minis about 2 years ago did you used to hop on the scales then? I just can't remember you ever being obsessed with them, just you were doing so well then. So maybe getting rid of the scales is the trick you need. I am terrible for weighing myself though so I know how difficult it is to stop. I need to know what I weigh before group I don't like surprises lol x

Very sensible approach chick re the scales especially, as you said, with the fast days meaning the scales may jump a little now you're back on sw. It works well doing both by the looks of it. I never think I could do it and I'm impressed by all who can :) xxxx

Thank you lovely! It was strange last night as I wanted to get on them when I got in from work but they weren't there lol. But I definitely think it's a more sensible approach.

My first fast day is tomorrow and I'm strangely looking forward to it! It's all planned for, and I think it'll help that I have quite a busy day too. So we'll see how that goes! xxxx

When you were doing so well before, when I first joined minis about 2 years ago did you used to hop on the scales then? I just can't remember you ever being obsessed with them, just you were doing so well then. So maybe getting rid of the scales is the trick you need. I am terrible for weighing myself though so I know how difficult it is to stop. I need to know what I weigh before group I don't like surprises lol x

You are so right Rochelle, I never used to scale hop! I don't know how / when I fell into the habit but it had gradually gotten worse. I went from weighing myself a couple of times mid-week to then hopping on every day - everytime I went into the bathroom in fact! They're gone now and, although it feels a bit strange, it also feels like a bit of a relief. To not be ruled by a set of numbers all week xx

Take a Chance and Never Look Back...♥

Morning diary, happy hump day! Wish Friday would hurry it's little backside though, these last couple of weeks at work have been dire! I think it's been a combination of being stuck in the office while the weathers been so nice and knowing that I'm off next week, it's just gone so slowly! Oh well, only two full days and then an early-ish finish on Friday afternoon. Woop!

Can't wait for our week off next week, we've got lots planned! Lots of temptation too, but I'm determined to stick to plan! Warren will be working Sunday night so will finish at 7am Monday morning. I'll probably just have some "me" time on Monday until he wakes up in the afternoon, and then we'll just have a nice chilled out night. We've got about 8 episodes of Breaking Bad left to watch until we're finished, so we'll probably get some of that watched. Similar thing on Tuesday, just a bit of a lazy day. Although if the weather is nice I might suggest we have a ride out to the seaside :D Wednesday we're going to York to finish off our holiday shopping and (provided we can find a hotel!) stop over for the night. Will go out for Nando's for tea and a few drinks whilst we're there. Train home on Thursday and then on Friday, provided the weather is nice, I think we're going to have a BBQ with my mam and dad which will be nice! Saturday Warren will be at football, so I'll probably have some more "me" time, maybe take myself off shopping again, and then our last day off on Sunday will just be spent chilling. Probably the usual - Hollyoaks catch up followed by Breaking Bad. In our PJ's all day, of course. Obligatory Sunday routine! Very very excited for all of this, it will just be nice to have some time off work. Then, by the time I go back, I'll only have 3 and a half weeks to work until Tenerife! So it really breaks up the time nicely.

Also looking forward to this Friday - it's date night!! It feels like so long since we've been out together, as the last few weekends Wozzle :)giggle:) has been working! He's at work until 7 on Friday night, then I'm picking him up so he can come home and get showered and changed, then we're off for a Nando's (where else!? ;)) and to the cinema. Already have my meal and cinema snacks planned and within Syns. Isn't it nice to have something to look forward to!?

But until then, just boring old work I'm afraid!

Red

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Apple (S), Mango and Melon (SS) Fingers

Lunch:
- M&S Delicious & Nutritious Teriyaki Beef Salad Bites in Mooli Ribbons with a Sweet Soy Dipping Sauce (2 Syns)
- Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Lemon Greek Yogurt
- Weetabix Chocolate Smasher Oaty Bar (HExB)

Dinner:
- Chicken (S) and Vegetable (Peppers (S), Mushrooms (S) and Red Onion (S)) Kebabs served with Grilled Halloumi (HExA) and Mango Salsa (Mango, Red Onion (S), Crushed Chillies (S), Coriander and the Juice of half a Lime)
- Weetabix Rainbow Smashem Oaty Bar (3.5 Syns)

'Treat':
- Kinder Egg Surprise (5.5 Syns)

Supper:
- Christmas Pudding HiFi (HExB)

Healthy Extra A: 35g Halloumi
Healthy Extra B: 1 x Weetabix Oaty Bar & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 11 / 15
Weekly Syns: 22.5 / 105

Last edited:
I've next week off to Stevie, and this week is definitely draaaaaaaaaaagging

It's always the same isn't it, typical!! Have you got any plans for your week off? :)

Nothing definite, but my sister is coming home with her OH for the week and other family members are going to be here for long weekend (we've a bank hol on Mon). So I think it'll be a lazy week of lunches, pub visits, gossiping and generally slobbing

All synned of course!

Morning diary, happy hump day! Wish Friday would hurry it's little backside though, these last couple of weeks at work have been dire! I think it's been a combination of being stuck in the office while the weathers been so nice and knowing that I'm off next week, it's just gone so slowly! Oh well, only two full days and then an early-ish finish on Friday afternoon. Woop! Can't wait for our week off next week, we've got lots planned! Lots of temptation too, but I'm determined to stick to plan! Warren will be working Sunday night so will finish at 7am Monday morning. I'll probably just have some "me" time on Monday until he wakes up in the afternoon, and then we'll just have a nice chilled out night. We've got about 8 episodes of Breaking Bad left to watch until we're finished, so we'll probably get some of that watched. Similar thing on Tuesday, just a bit of a lazy day. Although if the weather is nice I might suggest we have a ride out to the seaside :D Wednesday we're going to York to finish off our holiday shopping and (provided we can find a hotel!) stop over for the night. Will go out for Nando's for tea and a few drinks whilst we're there. Train home on Thursday and then on Friday, provided the weather is nice, I think we're going to have a BBQ with my mam and dad which will be nice! Saturday Warren will be at football, so I'll probably have some more "me" time, maybe take myself off shopping again, and then our last day off on Sunday will just be spent chilling. Probably the usual - Hollyoaks catch up followed by Breaking Bad. In our PJ's all day, of course. Obligatory Sunday routine! Very very excited for all of this, it will just be nice to have some time off work. Then, by the time I go back, I'll only have 3 and a half weeks to work until Tenerife! So it really breaks up the time nicely. Also looking forward to this Friday - it's date night!! It feels like so long since we've been out together, as the last few weekends Wozzle :)giggle:) has been working! He's at work until 7 on Friday night, then I'm picking him up so he can come home and get showered and changed, then we're off for a Nando's (where else!? ;)) and to the cinema. Already have my meal and cinema snacks planned and within Syns. Isn't it nice to have something to look forward to!? But until then, just boring old work I'm afraid! Red (S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed Breakfast: - Apple (S), Mango and Melon (SS) Fingers - Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Lemon Greek Yogurt Lunch: - M&S Delicious & Nutritious Teriyaki Beef Salad Bites in Mooli Ribbons with a Sweet Soy Dipping Sauce (2 Syns) - A HExB bar of some sort, maybe a Weetabix Oaty Bar? Dinner: - Chicken (S) and Vegetable (Peppers (S), Mushrooms (S) and Red Onion (S)) Kebabs with Mixed Leaves (S), Grilled Halloumi (HExA) and Mango Salsa (Mango, Red Onion (S), Crushed Chillies (S), Coriander and the Juice of half a Lime) Supper: - Salted Caramel HiFi (HExB) Healthy Extra A: 35g Halloumi Healthy Extra B: Weetabix Oaty Bar? & 1 x HiFi Daily Syns: 2 / 15 Weekly Syns: 13.5 / 105

All sounds fabulous !!!! Lucky girly :) x

Your week off sounds lovely Hun....still another 45 days till I get a week off, agony!!! :/

Ouch!! I have next week off and then my week and a bit off in September when we go away. But then nothing again until Christmas time. It leaves me with about 6 days leave to take though, so I'll probably have a few long weekends between September-December just to break it up a little. This year is flying! x

Ouch!! I have next week off and then my week and a bit off in September when we go away. But then nothing again until Christmas time. It leaves me with about 6 days leave to take though, so I'll probably have a few long weekends between September-December just to break it up a little. This year is flying! x

It's my own fault really I had 3.5 weeks off in May for the wedding so I'm a little short on leave now :) x

Afternoon hun :p, hope your week is going well. Loved the fandos pics on your IG account, yummy yummy, must try that out. It's that time of week for me, feeling a bit crappy, not had a good July and got group weigh in tomorrow morning :rolleyes:, last one for July then will start fresh for August :).

Kay xx

Afternoon hun :p, hope your week is going well. Loved the fandos pics on your IG account, yummy yummy, must try that out. It's that time of week for me, feeling a bit crappy, not had a good July and got group weigh in tomorrow morning :rolleyes:, last one for July then will start fresh for August :).

Kay xx

Ahh Kay. Been there, done that. It's not nice but, like you say, August is a fresh start. I bet you've actually done better than you think anyway - you always turn into Miss Stressy and start worrying you'll gain when, in fact, on most occasions it turns out you've lost! Dont panic xx

Ahh Kay. Been there, done that. It's not nice but, like you say, August is a fresh start. I bet you've actually done better than you think anyway - you always turn into Miss Stressy and start worrying you'll gain when, in fact, on most occasions it turns out you've lost! Dont panic xx

Aww thanks PS, I hope what you say is true, just want to get it over with now :rolleyes: xx

Morning diary, happy Thursday! Today is a good day. We're really close to the weekend now, it's payday and it's my first fast day. Exciting times!

Have got everything planned for my fast day today and I'm actually really looking forward to it! Have also got some yummy eats planned for tomorrow as I have a feeling I'll be "starving" by then and don't want it to knock me off plan. Preperation is the key! I've got a nice busy day today so that should keep me occupied and keep my mind off food. Wish me luck!

Also, Warren and I got booked up for York last night! I'm really looking forward to it. We leave Darlington at 10:06 on Wednesday morning and get to York just after half past, which is great timing as we can check into our room anytime from 11am onwards. We've just booked a guest house, it's only 10-15 minutes walk from the station. I would normally go for a hotel rather than a guest house, but this way we're saving over £30! It looks really nice too, and the reviews and photos I've seen show that it's recently had a bit of a refurb and is really quite modern looking. We have a small double room with an en-suite, which is perfect for what we need. And it includes breakfast on Thursday morning too - I know Warren is looking forwad to his cooked breakfast already! We have to check out at 10am which is fine, and we have a trained booked to come home just after 11am. We can have a steady walk back to the station and don't mind sitting and waiting a little while. Really looking forward to some quality time, just the two of us :)

Anyway, lets get down to business. This is how today is going to go...

Fast Day

Breakfast, 60cals:

- Tesco Pineapple Fruit Pot (60)

Lunch, 189cals:
- Half a pot of Tesco Sweet Chilli Noodle Salad (145) with half a Red Pepper (17)
- Piece of Salt Water Taffy (27)

Dinner, 242cals:
- M&S "Count on Us" Red Thai Chicken Curry (184) with 200g Frozen Green Beans (58)

Total Calories: 491

Last edited:
Back