DIARY CLOSED.

Gooood morning diary, happy hump day!! Woop. Technically I am already over the hump as I'm off work on Friday. So I only have today and tomorrow to go! I'm going to the Metro with Warren on Friday to do a little Christmas shopping and then we'll be having tea at Nando's (yum!!) before heading over to Sunderland for the illuminations. Really excited for an extra day off work and an extra day with my man.

Feeling great this morning after yesterdays fast, and my mam told me I was "looking skinny" this morning. I've got a long way to go yet until I would consider myself as "skinny", but I do know what she means. My tummy is always so much flatter and less bloated after these fast days. It has been in general since starting 5:2 - I wish I'd taken measurements when I'd started to see how many inches I'd lost along with lb's!

Looking forward to my "feast day" today, although I'm not sure yet what's going to be for tea tonight. I was going to make pizza with a WW wholemeal pitta and have it with some SW chips, but now plans have changed and I'll be going to Warren's for the night pretty much straight from work. I'll probably call at Tesco before I go and pick up a nice salad or something. In my first week I had a gorgeous seared chicken salad which had a thai green dressing - it was amazing!! So I might look for that again.

This is how the rest of today is looking...

Feast Day

Breakfast:
- Can of Monster Zero Energy Drink

Lunch:
- Boots Shapers Chicken Tikka Flatbread
- Boots Shapers Sour Cream & Chive Crispy Discs
- Boots Shapers Chocolate Mint Nougat bar
- Boots Shapers Still Raspberry and Mango Water

Dinner:
- Tesco Healthy Living Seared Chicken Noodle Salad
- 23g bag of Barbecue Pop Chips
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero
- Nutella & Go!

Snacks:
- Tesco Halloween "Brain Cluster" (little cluster of chocolate cornflake cake!)
- Original Soreen Lunchbox Loaf

Last edited:
Reading your diary , has inspired me to give 5:2 a go, you like me are out a lot and I find myself stressing all the time now.. You seem so relaxed at the moment I hope I can to.. If I manage the fast that is lol x

Reading your diary , has inspired me to give 5:2 a go, you like me are out a lot and I find myself stressing all the time now.. You seem so relaxed at the moment I hope I can to.. If I manage the fast that is lol x

Honestly, I feel so relaxed and content at the moment it's unreal! I know you can still eat out with SW, but you just don't have the flexibilty. You're very limited to where / what you can eat / drink if you want to stay within Syns. So it's nice to be able to eat out, enjoy it and not feel guilty or worry that I've ruined things by having a million Syns!

I never thought I'd manage the fast days either, as 500cals sounds like nothing!! But it's all about planning. If you plan properly it's amazing just how much you can get out of your calories. I mean, yesterday I had 3 decent sized meals: porridge for breakfast, BBQ chicken salad for lunch and stir fry for tea!

Try doing some research on it - there are loads of websites and a couple of FB pages too which are really helpful. I'd definitely reccommend it! I mean, what's the worst that can happen? If you try it and don't like it, there's no reason why you'd have to continue. Just go back to doing what you know works for you :) Good luck! xx

Honestly, I feel so relaxed and content at the moment it's unreal! I know you can still eat out with SW, but you just don't have the flexibilty. You're very limited to where / what you can eat / drink if you want to stay within Syns. So it's nice to be able to eat out, enjoy it and not feel guilty or worry that I've ruined things by having a million Syns! I never thought I'd manage the fast days either, as 500cals sounds like nothing!! But it's all about planning. If you plan properly it's amazing just how much you can get out of your calories. I mean, yesterday I had 3 decent sized meals: porridge for breakfast, BBQ chicken salad for lunch and stir fry for tea! Try doing some research on it - there are loads of websites and a couple of FB pages too which are really helpful. I'd definitely reccommend it! I mean, what's the worst that can happen? If you try it and don't like it, there's no reason why you'd have to continue. Just go back to doing what you know works for you :) Good luck! xx

Well that's exactly what I thought when I saw what you had eaten yesterday, and as you say can't harm me, I was 2lb off target before I went to florid in July gained 9.5lb, lots of hen dos weddings when I got back but got to 5lb before I went to Turkey end of September I am now 11lb away.. With a lot of social activities in place between now and Xmas .. 100% on SW then I don't think I could get to target before Xmas, and I have been on SW 2.5 years .. It might be time for a slight change x

Finished my first fast attempt on 622 cals, now spending time getting menu plan ideas ..

That m & s salad is it a premade one? X

Finished my first fast attempt on 622 cals, now spending time getting menu plan ideas ..

That m & s salad is it a premade one? X

Well done!! That's good going for a first attempt. The first one is always the hardest, then when you get a few meal ideas / recipes you can plan in advance and it becomes easier.

The M&S mango, mangetout and coriander salad is premade, yes. It's with all of the other salady pots. It does come with a dressing (lime and coriander maybe?) but I don't tend to use it - I still count the whole cals though as I'm not sure how many are in the dressing alone. And then I usually buy a packet of their "just add" sweet and smoky chicken pieces and add half of that to the salad. It makes a good serving for not a great deal of cals. I've become quite addicted to it lately - even on non-fast days!! x

Slimming World veteran now trying Calorie Counting / 5:2

Time for a Thursday fast!! :D

Fast Day

Breakfast - 15cals:

Lunch - 2cals:
- Bottle of Coke Zero

Dinner - 475cals:
- 2 x Birds Eye Cod Fish Cakes with 250g SW wedges, 100g frozen peas and 30g LTL Mayo

Total Calories:
492 / 500

Last edited:
Well done!! That's good going for a first attempt. The first one is always the hardest, then when you get a few meal ideas / recipes you can plan in advance and it becomes easier. The M&S mango, mangetout and coriander salad is premade, yes. It's with all of the other salady pots. It does come with a dressing (lime and coriander maybe?) but I don't tend to use it - I still count the whole cals though as I'm not sure how many are in the dressing alone. And then I usually buy a packet of their "just add" sweet and smoky chicken pieces and add half of that to the salad. It makes a good serving for not a great deal of cals. I've become quite addicted to it lately - even on non-fast days!! x

It does sound lush, must pop and get some :)

Time for a Thursday fast!! :D Fast Day Breakfast - 15cals: - Can of Monster Zero Energy Drink Lunch - 132cals: - Can of Campbells Minestrone Soup with Vermicelli Pasta Dinner - 271cals: - Tesco Healthy Living Sweet Chilli Chicken with Noodles Supper - 70cals: - Alpen Light Total Calories: 488 / 500

Some nice food there , some more to add to my menu ideas hehee xx

Time for a Thursday fast!! :D

Fast Day

Breakfast - 15cals:

Lunch - 132cals:
- Can of Campbells Minestrone Soup with Vermicelli Pasta

Dinner - 271cals:
- Tesco Healthy Living Sweet Chilli Chicken with Noodles

Supper - 70cals:
- Alpen Light

Total Calories:
488 / 500

Another lovely fast food day :)

I'm loving how into this you are at the minute, it feels like you are completely back in the zone, and it's so motivating to see someone get back to it.
Have a great fast day x

Another lovely fast food day :)

I'm loving how into this you are at the minute, it feels like you are completely back in the zone, and it's so motivating to see someone get back to it.
Have a great fast day x

Aww, thanks honey!! I really do feel back in the zone. It's taken some time but I'm so motivated now and I really want to keep going with this. I WILL get back to 10st 10lb before too long. And then it's onwards and downwards to target! xx

Not really feeling hungry at all today, which is a bonus considering it's a fast day!! I didn't really have a big appetite yesterday either, even though it was a non-fast day I still skipped breakfast and just had lunch and tea. I think my stomach must be shrinking, and also my brain is becoming trained to recognise when I am actually hungry and when I'm just bored / eating for the sake of it!!

Change of plan food-wise today. Still fasting but I am actually going to only end up having 1 meal, which is dinner tonight! Never thought I would be one of these fosters who literally eats nothing all day but I've got no appetite whatsoever. Still, at 4.15pm. I have no idea why? Anyway, going to give myself another hour or so and then whether I'm hungry or not I'm having fishcakes, SW chips, peas and Mayo (475cals) for tea. I need to have something to eat at least, it's not good to totally 'starve' my body x

Not really feeling hungry at all today, which is a bonus considering it's a fast day!! I didn't really have a big appetite yesterday either, even though it was a non-fast day I still skipped breakfast and just had lunch and tea. I think my stomach must be shrinking, and also my brain is becoming trained to recognise when I am actually hungry and when I'm just bored / eating for the sake of it!!

I hope this happens to me xx

Just time for a quick post before I get ready to head out for the day with Warren :) Will update more later if I need to. Happy Halloween!

Feast Day

Breakfast:
- Harvest Morn Original Porridge Pot

Lunch / Dinner - Nando's:
- Mango and Lime Butterfly Chicken, 2 x Extra Hot Wings, Corn on the Cob, Mixed Leaf Salad and Diet Coke

Snacks:
- Kellogg's Rice Krispies snack bar

Happy Halloween! Enjoy your day.

Morning everyone. Sorry I've not gotten round to posting over the weekend, we've been too busy enjoying ourselves! But I have been on plan - I even managed a third Fast day this week and came in at under 500cals yesterday.

Weigh day today. Drum roll please...another 4lb off!! Taking me to a loss of 13.5lb after just 3 weeks of 5:2 and now down to 12st 2.5lb :D Only 3lb to go until I am into the 11's, and I am hoping for that in the next couple of weeks.

I am up and at work super early this morning! I was up at 4:45am as I had to drop my mam and dad off at Scotch Corner to get the coach to Southampton. Tney're going on a Caribbean cruise today for 24 days!! Lucky things. So I have been at work since 6am, but the good thing is I can have an early finish!! When I finish I'm going to go and pick Warren up and call at Tesco for a few bits and bobs - we're making fajitas for tea tonight so I need to pick up some wraps, fajita mix, etc. It's ages since I've had fajitas so I can't wait!!

Well, my Monday has gotten off to a great start. I hope everyone else has an equally fantastic day! xx

Feast Day

Breakfast:
- Harvest Morn Original Porridge Pot
- Large can of Sugar Free Red Bull

Mid-Morning Snack:
- Half of a Banana Nut Muffin Quest bar

Lunch:
- Tesco Falafel and Butternut Squash Salad with Yogurt Dressing
- Walkers Sensations Thai Sweet Chilli
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero

Dinner:
- Fajitas made with half of a Yellow Pepper and Green Pepper, a Red Onion, 10g Discovery Fajita Mix, 3 x Old El Paso Mini Tortillas, Jalapenos and Cheese. Served with SW Spicy Potato Wedges and M&S "Count on Us" Coleslaw

Snacks:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Quest bar
- 4 x WW Chocolate Digestives

Last edited:
Back