DIARY CLOSED.

Hello lovelies, I am back!!! Thank you for all of the lovely comments while I've been away and messages on FB to check that I was okay. Also thanks to EB for posting on here to let everyone know I was alright! You really are a lovely bunch!

I guess I had better explain myself now. I got a stern telling off and a 1 month ban from here for posting my username for a certain photo-sharing social media app which shall not be named - lol! Not going to lie, I think it's pretty daft that we can't share things like that on here. And if we do we get banned from posting lol! It's not like we're all going to suddenly leave Mini's and rush off to these other websites / apps, but hey ho. The rules are the rules I guess. I'll probably get wrong for expressing my opinion next..?

Anyway, just a little update since I've been gone. Lots of messing around continued until about a week or so ago (Monday 13th), when I decided to completely forget about SW and move onto something new. It was very scary, as SW was all that I had known for the last 3 years, but I decided to bite the bullet and give calorie counting / 5:2 a go! I never ever thought I would do calorie counting or fasting, but I really really enjoyed my first week. And after weighing in a week later (Monday 20th) I lost 6lb in my first week!! Bringing me down from the ridiculous 13st 2lb I had ballooned to, back down to 12st 10lb. Super excited as you can imagine, and definitely the boost of motivation I needed!!

What I'm liking most about this new way of eating is that there is so much more variety / freedom, even though it may at first seem a lot stricter than SW. Just for an example, on Monday night as a "treat" for my weigh in earlier in the day, Warren and I went out to Pizza Express for tea. It was 2 courses for £10, so what we decided to do was one of us order a starter and a main, and the other order a main and a dessert. Then we would split both the starter and dessert between us. So I ended up having half of a cheesy garlic bread to start, then a Leggera pizza (the one with the salad!) for main, followed by half of a chocolate fudge cake. For a total of 723cals and well within my "allowance" for the day!! How awesome is that!? On SW that would have been a total no-go. The pizza I had is 21 Syns on it's own, SW wise, not to mention the garlic bread and choco fudge cake!! If I'd had that on SW I would have felt super guilty and written the week off as "I've ruined it now anyway". But nope!! Enjoyed my meal, stayed within cals and have been "on it" all week. Not an ounce of guilt. Oh I am loving it! I've never felt this happy (diet wise) in a long long time. Probably since May, which is when I started to fudge things up!

So, that's whats been going on in Stevieland. I'm about half way through my second 5:2 week, and today is my second fast day of the week. I'm tending to fast on a Tuesday and Thursday, as I find it so much easier when I'm at work and being kept busy. I now weigh in on a Monday morning - at home in the nudd lol! I wonder if I can still keep this diary going, but record my 5:2 eats? I know it's still in the SW section though, so I'm not sure I'm "allowed"? What do you all think?

About to have a mooch around the diaries and catch up with you all! Lots of love xxx

Well done on your fab loss, I've been following your progress, I don't think it will be a problem cos a few diaries I follow they've changed from sw to ww then back etc. But I don't know the rules xx

Well done on your fab loss, I've been following your progress, I don't think it will be a problem cos a few diaries I follow they've changed from sw to ww then back etc. But I don't know the rules xx

Thanks hun! I'm not even sure I'll have the time to get on everyday and post my eats but I shall try! And I'm sure if it's not allowed someone will make me aware.

How have you been? :) xx

I've been keeping up with you on a certain other website and you seem so much happier with the CC compared to your recent experiences with SW. I'm sure it would be fine to keep your diary here, after all we're all trying to lose the weight in one form or another!

Thanks hun! I'm not even sure I'll have the time to get on everyday and post my eats but I shall try! And I'm sure if it's not allowed someone will make me aware.

How have you been? :) xx
It's ok I'll just stalk your eats hehe, I like to see what yummy things people have, I'm ok, trying to get back on track but having a few man problems atm so just trying not to go on a mad binge atm. Glad you are good hun xx

Here we go then with my new 5:2 diaries. I'm half way through my week now, but I won't bother posting previous days. I'll just start posting from today.

Fast day

Breakfast:
- Can of Monster Zero (15cals)

Lunch:
-
M&S Mango, Mangetout and Coriander Salad (minus the dressing, 63) with half a packet of M&S "Just Add" Sweet and Smoky Chicken (84). Plus an Original Soreen Lunchbox Loaf (95) and a bottle of Diet Coke (2) (244cals)

Dinner:
-
200g Tesco Mushroom Stir Fry (72) with 40g Blue Dragon Black Bean Stir Fry Sauce (49) (117cals)

Snacks:
-
1 x Wrigleys Extra Sugar Free Chewing Gum (1cal)
- 2 finger Cookies & Cream KitKat (107cals)

Total Calories for the day:

Last edited:
Good to see you back on here!!!

Glad you're back and you sound so much happier. Glad you've found something that is working for you!

Yipppeee, I'm so glad to see you back, wow hats off to anyone who can do CC & 5:2 I know I wouldn't be able to do fast days. It seems to be working so well for you, are you still doing the deal with your mum were she saves your £5 each week.

I understand what you're saying about the pizza, Bob goes mad at me loads of times when I say things are too high in syns.

Happy Friday eve :D xx

Thanks everyone. I do feel so much happier, positive and motivated at the moment. And yup, my mam is still doing the £5 deal with me. So far I have £10 put away in the jar now - £5 from a loss when I was still doing SW, and £5 for this weeks 5:2 loss. I am hoping to make it £15 by Monday :D

Just had a little change of plan for today. Had a super busy morning at work which meant I didn't have time for breakfast - that's actually a bonus on a fast day!! And then I fancied something a bit different for lunch. Instead of the M&S Teriyaki beef things I got one of their salads and some chicken to go with it. It was a mango, mangetout and coriander salad which is delicious! With some sweet and smoky chicken. Mmm, delish!!

Welcome back Stevie. I missed reading your diary everyday. Love the new avatar, you both look very happy.

Thanks hun! That was from our holiday in September, on one of our little trips to Loro Parque. It was fantastic but it feels like a lifetime ago now. Boohoo!!

Morning diary, and happy Friday! It's been a long one this week so I'm pleased it's almost the weekend. We've not got much planned but are going to have a nice cosy night tonight - I'm going to go to HMV after work and pick us up some DVD's to watch and we will probably have a few treats to go with them. Love nights like this, can't wait!

Feeling really good after my fast day yesterday. I always feel really refreshed and "clean" after a fast, it's a nice feeling. It's also amazing how much less bloated I feel after just under two weeks on 5:2 - I think the portion control element of it is really helping. And I'm now eating when I am actually hungry (calories are valuable, I can't just waste them!!), rather than eating out of boredom or because something is "free". Feeling so much more positive all round.

Anyway, back to "normal" eating today - it's a feast day!! And boy have I got some yummy food ahead of me. Here's how it's looking so far...

Feast Day

Breakfast:

- Can of Monster Zero Energy Drink
- Oat So Simple Golden Syrup Porridge Pot

Mid-Morning Snack:
- Kellogg's Rice Krispies bar

Lunch:
- Caffe Nero Regular Skinny Cappuccino with a shot of Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup
- WW Wholemeal Pitta stuffed with half a packet of M&S "Just Add" Sweet & Smoky Chicken
- Walkers Monster Munch Bacon "Webs"
- Chocolate Soreen Lunchbox Loaf
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero

Dinner:
- M&S "Count on Us" Stonebaked Ham and Mushroom Pizza (and will probably pick up some salad / coleslaw to have with it!)

Snacks:
- Piece of Wrigley's Extra Sugar Free Gum

Last edited:
Wow, it's very quiet on Mini's these days!!

Your doing fabulous Hun x

Sorry not had time to post much, work/life is manic at the moment!

Lovely to have you back, and lovely to hear you so passionate about a food plan again.

Sounds like you're doing great cc & fasting - good for you xxx

Sounds a nice day. What did you have with your pizza in the end xx

Thank you! It was lovely. I ended up cooking just half of the pizza and having it with salad and half of a little pot of Tesco healthy living coleslaw. So I've got the same again for tea tonight! :) xx

Your doing fabulous Hun x

Sorry not had time to post much, work/life is manic at the moment!

Lovely to have you back, and lovely to hear you so passionate about a food plan again.

Sounds like you're doing great cc & fasting - good for you xxx

Hello lovely! Don't worry about it, I'm not around as often as I used to be either. It does get hard to find the time to post! But hope everything is all okay with you.

Thank you, I'm really loving cc / 5:2 and that's not something I ever thought I'd hear myself say! Hoping for another nice loss on Monday morning to keep me motivated again for the next week coming - really want as much of this weight back of as possible before Christmas. At the moment I've exactly 2st to go before I'm back to my lightest weigh, but I'll get there!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend xxxx

Back