Step 1 Sole Source Diary of a CD Girl - 35lbs off in 10 weeks :)

Blimey 5lbs on 810 sounds great ....SS+ is beginning to seem very appealing...but will I have the self control ?!?!? I feel I need to stick with SS until my losses drop like you Sherrie x

Day 31: Update

Feeling very saddened by the events in London today :( My thoughts are with that poor mans family and friends. It is times like this when I am feeling fragile that I would reach for the treats to try and feel better. So many times have I thought to myself "I would have scoffed my face at this moment!" and it has really opened my eyes up!

Another good day on CWP but I could have had more water! Aiming for at least another litre more tomorrow!

SS+/810 does seem appealing but like you Lotte, I dont want to 'test' my self control especially not too early! I wanted to do SS for around 12 weeks as that (going by the averages) brings me pretty much to goal, and then I can swiftly move up the steps for another few weeks. So, baring everything in mind, if I do lose 4+lbs this week coming, I will stick to SS for the time being. I think now it will be a week by week judging x x x

Day 32: Update

My diary is becoming very boring as I never have any stories to report about the plan as I am finding it so easy atm. I do have my moments when I miss eating with the family etc but I don't miss food itself!

Had a good day though. I visited my sister and my nice and nephew after dropping my daughter at preschool. I also cut my sisters hair as a little treat as she is going into hospital today to have surgery for endometriosis. Bless her. She has been suffering with it for too long now. My gynaecologist thinks I may have the same so we compare notes all the time! Its scary though because she is 18 months younger than me and may have to have a hysterectomy. She's only 22 :( But she has a little boy and a little girl already so I think she would rather be pain free and enjoy them anyway so its not all doom and gloom.

Still very shocked at everything that has been on the news the past couple of days. R.I.P Drummer Lee Rigby :( x x x

Morning all !

Hope your sister's op goes well today Sherrie - how miserable for you both to suffer with this... I have a good friend who suffers similarly :(

Had a salad for lunch again yesterday - that's two days in a row and will have another when I go out for a friends birthday tonight - no real change on the scales ( or on the loo, unfortunately, I thought a few salads might help things along ;) !)... But it's early days, I am interested to see what difference it makes at my WI next Thurs

Enjoy the sunshine ladies - looks like its not here for long x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Day 33: Update

My sister didn't end up having her op yesterday. She waited for over 5 hours to go in but a lady before her had taken a turn for the worst so they had to rebook her in. Bit of a crazy evening!

Again, another good day for CWP. My partner, our daughter and my sis wanted a McDonalds on the way home from the hospital so I sat in with them and had a lemon yoghurt bar whilst they all scoffed their burgers/nuggets and chips! It did smell good but I could really smell the fat used as well and that helped put me off the idea of 'wanting' one.

I bought a pair of black skinny jeans to wear at my partners Grannys funeral at the start of my plan. I had to wear them with spanx back then as they only just done up lol! And I had a long flowy chiffon top on to cover the muffin top lol! BUT...I wore them yesterday comfortably! No muffin top and no spanx needed! I was so happy. The best part of it was though, when my partner got in from work he complimented me straight away! He was really sweet the other day because he told me he wants to compliment me more but I have only asked him to do it when he actually notices a difference (I dont want false hope on how I look as I dont want to get too cocky and comfortable too soon. I want to reach my goal 100%) so he was saying how he wished he could notice it more like other people but obviously we see eachother everyday so its harder for him to see a difference, but yesterday he was really surprised, he said he could really see a difference and I look noticeably smaller all of a sudden :D One very happy girly!

Thankyou Lotte! How are finding the food even though the scales haven't moved (YET!) Are you enjoying having a meal of an evening? Do you think you will carry it on or go back to SS?

I hope everyone else is doing ok! x x x

Whoop whoop..great news on the skinny jeans!! Just back from our night out- had chicken salad.....and then a creme brulee!! How naughty is that? I didn't have the sugar though so am hoping it was still pretty low carb ?!
Back on plan tomorrow.... but boy was it good!?!

Also treated myself to a new dress to wear tonight and loved liking what I saw in the mirror - its been too long ;) so just as determined too stick with it x

Day 34: Update

I have a confession to make...I had chicken salad last night (Sat) as my daughter was staying over at her Nans and my partner wanted to take me out, so as I have been debating 810 and we knew we wouldn't get a chance to go out for dinner again, I decided that I would have an 810 evening...with a little bit of coleslaw on the side (oooopps) lol. But I kept my head in the game and have been 100% SS so far today. Debating what to do this evening, don't know if I am going to fully move on to 810 or not? What do you guys think?

I am with you on the mirror motivation Lotte! There is nothing that will stop me from continuing on with the plan regardless of what stage I am on! Really happy for you :) x x x

Why not do ss+? No need to jump straight from ss to 810 unless you really need the added dairy?

X

Yes I was a little confused by that actually as my consultant said about going straight to 810 as the average of weight loss is only 2lb less than SS. But I don't need the diary and I think the amount of chicken and veg you get with SS+ is ample. Especially as I have been satisfied with the 3 shakes anyway!

Thanks for that CrazyDiamond x x x

Yes I was a little confused by that actually as my consultant said about going straight to 810 as the average of weight loss is only 2lb less than SS. But I don't need the diary and I think the amount of chicken and veg you get with SS+ is ample. Especially as I have been satisfied with the 3 shakes anyway!

Thanks for that CrazyDiamond x x x

Grrr, some consultants make me mad! I did 810 a few days last week and even though I did ss+ a couple of weeks before, I found 810 to be quite a lot to eat! Especially if you have been ssing! Don't see any point in having more just for the sake of it

X

Opposite Sherrie - it's a tough one - I've had chicken salads the last 3 days, so SS+, but back on the bars today ..... Amazingly it just feels naughty to be eating now ?! Madness ;)

Didn't mean opposite .... Meant ooooooo !

Hello Sherrie, thought I would reply to you on this thread for once! Seeing as this is your diary! Well done on confessing your sins!! Not that it is really a sin, a bit of chicken salad! Have you decided to carry on eating a little meal each day now? I do agree with what crazy diamond says about trying ss plus first then maybe go up a stage!
I'm still 100 percent ss at the mo! Looking forward to weigh day tomorrow!
Hope you have had a good day today. I have found it hard today seeing everyone eat! I get fed up some days but then realise that this isn't forever! Feeling so much better already after 2 weeks! It's such a fast diet!
Good luck with your next weigh in.
Xx

Forgot to say Sherrie, that is so lovely of your partner to compliment you like that! How sweet! Makes you feel good when they notice! Also you know he is telling you the truth! That's great about your jeans fitting!! I tried a pair of jeans on this morn and they are still too tight but I'm hoping it won't be long before I'm wearing them!
Just had a look at what everyone has been losing on here! Your all doing great!!
Xx

Day 35&36: Update

Thankyou ladies! I have decided to go for SS+ as of now and I will see how my losses fair. I get weighed tomorrow so I will give it another week before I judge if it is for me or not as I have only had 1 810 meal and 1 SS+ meal so far. Saturday eve was 810, and yesterday (day 35) I only nibbled on some plain chicken breast as we were out and about in the evening (Stonehenge!) and then tonight I whipped up a gorgeous chicken salad. All weighed out and only using the SS+ foods but seriously, who knew chicken salad could be so yummy AND filling?

I agree CrazyDiamond, SS+ is definitely enough food for me at the moment! If anything its a little too much as I feel stuffed!

Lotte, are happy not doing SS+ every evening? I am with you on feeling content with the 3 packets as it does feel naughty to be eating but I am going with my body as I think I need it. I am fairly active so will be good not to feel dizzy when I have had a busy day!

Thankyou Meg! He is a diamond :) You are doing fab as well! Those jeans will fit in no time!

Hope everyone else has had a fab bank holiday weekend x x x

you are doing great Sherrie, maybe ss+ is just the ticket its lovely eating its like my guilty pleasure lol

Thanks Fifijoshie. Thats the point though isn't it, food is not the enemy. I was kind of getting scared of food and I dont want to be! People lose so much weight on diets such as WW and Slimming World and eat far more than we would on most of the steps!

Anyway, I am already 6 weeks in so I think its a good point to start slowly moving things along x x x

Enjoy those salads Sherrie - and why on earth not?!?!

I caved and had another chicken and leaves meal (+balsamic - my new best friend) this evening with my hubby - do tell me what you put in them as I couldn't say mine was that yummy...:D Any ideas gratefully received !

Had a great week end - I still feel naughty, and the scales dont seem to have moved, but we'll see how things are looking come Thursday

Did you all have a sunny day? Freezing here x

Day 37: Weigh In Day!

I lost 3lbs this week :D Very happy with that baring in mind I had an 810 chicken salad with the naughty cole slaw on Saturday, chicken breast Sunday and a SS+ chicken salad last night :) Extremely pleased!

I have chatted with my CDC and she we have come to a happy medium between SS+ and 810, she is adamant that the average losses between the two are the same and as Im not bothered about the milk allowance I wont be having it so I should definitely still lose at least 3lbs a week. The only change I have made really is a few extra grams of food. Sometimes I may not need all of that food but its there if I need it. And it is only plain chicken and veg so lets face it, not as if I am indulging really is it lol!

Lotte your losses have been consistent with mine and I am still above average so why don't you just move up to SS+/Step2? If you discuss it with your CDC then maybe it will stop you from feeling as guilty? You are doing fab!

Last night I had mushrooms, onions, lettuce and diced chicken. I cooked the chicken, mushrooms and onions together in a pan and added a little Aromat (amazing!) and then put it all with the salad. It was very yummy. Tonight I had chicken breast cooked in the oven with a sprinkle of crushed garlic and paprika and had cauliflower and broccoli on the side. Again very yummy. You can even use stock! Have a look through the booklet Lotte, they have a few recipe's too x x x

Hello Sherrie
Well done on your 3lb loss!! fantastic! and you had some food! that's great! pleased to hear you have decided to stick with ss+ for now and see how it goes! If you still lose between 3/4 lbs a week then thats fab! I keep thinking that if ever i feel like giving this diet up then i would defiantly consider the other stages first! but im not giving up!! Got weighed this evening and lost another 5lbs!!!! so thats one stone off in 2 weeks!!!! cant bloody believe it!! still going strong! do you ever feel like you wish you could have just one little weigh day treat?? i always feel that i wish i had one little treat to look forward to each week then straight back on it the next day!! i havent done it yet but everytime i come out of my consultants house i always feel happy but then have a feeling of great here we go again for another week!! but i wouldnt want to mess up my ketosis for just one little treat! Hope you are still feeling really positive and happy on this diet! I keep reading some diaries on here to keep me going!
Have a good week
Meg
xx

Back