Diary of a chubby Boons

boons1988

♥ Slimming World ♥
28/04/12.

Helloo!

I fancied creating an online diary/blog to keep me busy when I am tempted or bored or just need to chat in the place that most understands my ultimate goal (which is losing all those unwanted and unnecessary lbs, obvi ;))

Since January this year I have so far lost 1 stone 12.5lbs with SW, I only do green days as I'm veggie so that's the best choice for me. I am reeeeeally hoping that I will get my two stone award this Tuesday. I got my club 10 award last Tuesday and it was such an amazing feeling, defo motivating!

Today my lovely chap and I went to the cinema for a bit of a date day, it seemed we picked the right day as the weather is miserable this weekend so we couldn't do much else! Anyway, as soon as we walked in the door the smell of the popcorn hit me and OH.MY.GOODNESS :drool: Delicious! BUT I resisted! (Even if I wanted some my boyf wouldn't have let me, if I ask him to help keep me in line with my eating he most certainly does! haha) I had brought some Cadbury's mini animals with me (5 syns for 22g) and some Pepsi Max (BIG mistake when my bladder is the size of a pea!) but it was nice to have something with me to snack on whilst listening to everyone else rustle their yummy popcorn.

Afterwards we popped to Tescos to get a few bits. I got some Kara coconut milk (thought I'd stray from my usual rice milk and give it a go), Velvet Crunch, Shape 0% yogs, Marmite and a couple of boxes of different flavoured green tea bags (I'm a bit obsessed with tea!). I don't need any fruit or veg at the mo as I stocked up a few days ago.

Right now I am being lazy - sitting on the sofa with my laptop and having cuddles with my dog whilst my boyf is on his computer. But I will have to get up off my bum in a mo and do some housework - yawn!

Not that I'm expecting anyone to be reading this :giggle: but just in case - I hope you are having a great week and manage to enjoy the weekend despite the miserable weather!

Bubye :wavey:

Last edited:
Hi! I find that keeping an online diary has really helped me, and its good to read back over to see where I'm going wrong.

I do try to keep note in the day with a pen and pad, but i always end up loosing the bits of paper I write on!

Fingers crossed for the 2 stone award! xx

Well done for resisting the popcorn, it'll all be worth it when you get your two stone award!

Helllooo! yes well done for resisting. If you want to make it from home you can syn it. I *think* it's 5.5 syns for 28g made without fat (never made popping corn without it, I think it could stick to the pan?) but you could use a HEX-b or fry light but I think that using a hexb would be better personally. :) Good luck for the 2 stone loss coming up! :)

Helllooo! yes well done for resisting. If you want to make it from home you can syn it. I *think* it's 5.5 syns for 28g made without fat (never made popping corn without it, I think it could stick to the pan?) but you could use a HEX-b or fry light but I think that using a hexb would be better personally. :) Good luck for the 2 stone loss coming up! :)

Thank you!! Oh, that sounds worth looking in to!
tf+mPIOFb17cEAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
Thanks for the tip :)

29/04/12.

Helloo!

Thank you for the replies :)

I'm feeling really hopeful about my loss this week! I've worked really hard and my confidence went up quite a bit yesterday - after the movie was over I popped to the ladies and as I was washing my hands I looked up at the mirror and thought "yep, you look fine, let's go" but then I paused, I don't think I've EVER thought that before!! I've always thought something like "oh goodness, look how chubby your face looks" or "oh gosh, what a mess you are compared to all these other ladies" or not even wanted to look AT ALL! So I felt really smiley and happy and even thought how pretty my new dress looked, especially because it is a size smaller than it would have been at the beginning of the year :D

Speaking of clothes, I am trying not to buy anything at all for a while because I need to be careful with money (which is ridiculously hard for me as I LOVE shopping, hehe) but when I saw this new dress I fell in love and for £10 I thought why not?!
I only wear dresses because they flatter me so much more but I have a denim skirt that I love and can finally do up for the first time in well over a year, but is still a bit snug so I know when it fits comfortably I am doing really well.
My boyf thinks I look really pretty in jeans but I generally strongly dislike them as a rule. However before when I got down to maybe half a stone less than I am now (before putting on nearly 3 stone again, ugh) I did buy a pair so I think I might surprise him one day (hopefully soon!) by showing him they fit again!

Anyway, this miserable weather is keeping us inside today as a) I am a bit scared my tiny dog and I might fly away in this wind and b) because I am too tired to move! The wind and rain kept me up pretty much all night, I hate having a skylight in the bedroom. It's taking me ages to write this post because my brain is not functioning well at all! haha.
I'm a bit worried I will want to stray a bit from plan due to boredom and feeling the need for comfort from the outside but I think my pineapple is about ready to cut up so as long as I fill up on that before I reach for the 'syn cupboard' I should be okay!

I hope everyone else can resist the comfort eating today. Just remember - Don't give up what you want most for something you want right now.
I have that stuck to my fridge and on my desk at work so it keeps me going :D

What a LOVELY POSITIVE post! That happened to me this week too. I haven't been out in aaaaages and I was surprised this week by my hubbs who got me tickets to a gig. I did my hair and make up and as I was stood at the sink in the bathroom and as I was switching the tap off I looked up at myself and did a double take in the mirror. I was overwhelmed for a second, in a nice way....it's a lovely feeling isn't it? For the last few years having avoided the mirrors at all cost, as much as possible, so it was nice for a change to not see a blobby face. I know I have a long way to go but the small amount has made a difference to my chubby cheeks and chin. YAY! We are really doing this! x

What a LOVELY POSITIVE post! That happened to me this week too. I haven't been out in aaaaages and I was surprised this week by my hubbs who got me tickets to a gig. I did my hair and make up and as I was stood at the sink in the bathroom and as I was switching the tap off I looked up at myself and did a double take in the mirror. I was overwhelmed for a second, in a nice way....it's a lovely feeling isn't it? For the last few years having avoided the mirrors at all cost, as much as possible, so it was nice for a change to not see a blobby face. I know I have a long way to go but the small amount has made a difference to my chubby cheeks and chin. YAY! We are really doing this! x

Oh that's really nice to hear! I'm so glad you didn't shy away from the mirror either! I've spent years avoiding mirrors and photos, can't wait to get more and more confidence as the lbs fall off! :D

30/04/12.

Oh dear, I do not feel well at all today :( I started the day feeling fine but when I got to work I had this horrible hot flush or a "personal summer" as one of the girls called it - love it. This was shortly followed by a personal winter! And on it went like that throughout the day. I had some lunch and went out to get some fresh air but at around 3pm I started feeling REALLY odd. Bit sick and dizzy and just generally rubbish. I suffer with low blood sugar issues but I knew that probably wasn't the problem as I had eaten not too long ago. I've got a really important meeting to go to on Thursday that I can't miss so I'm just hoping it's a bit of a funny turn and that I haven't slept well for a few days, and I'll feel better in the morning! Finger's crossed :fingerscrossed:

Also, I want to be well enough for WI tomorrow to see if I've got my 2 stone award! I am a bit nervous actually, haha. I have been a good girl this week so I'm hoping I get good results!

My good friend at work had her birthday on Saturday and brought in LOTS of yummy looking cakes, she told me to take one home for my boyf and I'm just about to watch him eat the donut which is HUGE - about the size of his head (more or less ;)). So cruel! I shall resist and maybe have something a bit more bland to help my poorly tummy.

Anyway, will defo post about how I get on tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great week and good luck for all the upcoming WI's!

Last edited:
03/05/12.

Sorry! :) I've been a busy little bee (nothing exciting - work stuff!)

Well....... I got my 2 stone award this week!!! 1.5lbs off (standard) and I am SO chuffed :D Two whole stone!

I'm feeling a bit better thank you! Still quite run down but I don't think it's going to get any worse. At least I've managed to stay on plan. I had to travel for a work meeting today and there was a gorrrrrgeous looking buffet! But I brought my own lunch with me and didn't have any of the sweets or biscuits on offer! SO hard but that proud feeling is so much nicer :) (Besides which I felt car sick on the way back so I'm even more pleased that I didn't go to town on those yummy looking treats and sandwiches! :sign0137:)

And I'm extra happy today because I forgot that it's a 3 day weekend coming up! I am going to take my Mother Bear out for lunch on Saturday because she's been having a really bad time of late and deserves a little treat. She's following WW so I'm trying to think of the best place for us both to go. Bit sick of always sticking to jacket potato anytime I go out but I'm too scared to venture out of my comfort zone still! haha.

Anyway, I am starting to ramble so I'll go now ;) Hope everyone is having a great week!

Last edited:
06/05/12.

Thanks!! :winner:

I had a lovely day out with my Mum thank you! I haven't seen her so happy in a long time, it was so nice. We mooched round the shops, had some nice lunch and then did a bit more shopping.

I didn't really stick to plan 100% yesterday, I didn't go crazy but defo went over my syns. Totally worth it though seeing my Mum so happy and pretty sure it's only the second time I've really gone off plan since I started SW in January this year so not too bad!

Back on track today though. For breaky I had a slice of sweet eggy bread (not one for you, Vegan*4*Life ;)), some melon and blueberries on the side and a mug of mango and lychee green tea. Yum!

I hope going off plan yesterday doesn't ruin my chances of a loss this week toooooo much, hummm. Well, we shall see!

Having a bit of a lazy day today, might have a bit of a pamper sesh when my boyf goes out in a bit. Bubble bath, face mask - lovely! :D

Anyway, bubye for now! :wavey:

Last edited:
07/05/12.

A few things...

1) I never used to drink fizzy drinks and then all of a sudden a HUGE craving for Pepsi Max came along and now I drink it all the time :party0027:. But I remember before when I stopped drinking tea and only had water and I starting sleeping SO much better, none of this waking up every half hour because of the crazy dreams I was having or getting up for the millionth wee of the night, I'm thinking maybe my brain doesn't love caffeine so much! So I've decided to buy fizzy water instead and mix it with sugar free squash or squeeze some fresh lime in there. Really nice, better for my acne prone skin and much cheaper!

2) I wish I'd seen the recipe for syn free lemon curd before I went shopping, I LOVE the stuff. I don't care how toxic it looks in the jar, it's just tooooo good. Defo gunna make some later in the week :lemon:!

3) I can't decide what to have for dinner. I might just stick to my old faithful - Marmite spaghetti :heartpump: And have a fruit salad for pudding.

Bit of a boring bank holiday Monday but nice to have an extra day off work :D

Bubye for now :wavey:

Last edited:
2 days off plan since January isn't bad at all! Glad you enjoyed yourself. How did the pampering session go? Sounds lush :)
I wouldn't drink so much diet soda. It's really horrid stuff. OK on occasion if you must but it's full of crap. Your second plan sounds much better in my opinion! Throw it down the toilet and see how it cleans the loo and I have heard that it's used to clean up roads/pavements of blood after crimes......:eek: just think what it does to your insides....zoikes. Plus your skin will benefit, you won't feel bloated and be wired from the caffeine and no damage to the bank balance! :D

I ended up watching a movie and having a nice hot bath, was really nice! :D

I know! :eek: I know it's super bad for you but I've got of an addictive personality so when I get myself focussed on something I can get a bit carried away :ashamed0005:. I drink SO much water so it's quite nice having squash as a bit of a change, especially with the fizzy water. I'm going to offer out the remaining cans to the girls at work and once they're gone then that's it!

I went food shopping yesterday and got some nice ingredients for some new recipes, I'm getting a bit bored of eating the same old things at the moment (I HATE cooking so tend not to experiment much) but I really don't want to stray off plan so I'm going to make a real effort to try new things and my boyf even said he'd cook some for me to help - gotta love him!
I'm also going to try my hand at baking with the Scan Bran that's been sat in the cupboard for a couple of months. I used to eat it ALL the time but then I got sick of it. So I'm going to try out a few of the recipes and see how they turn out! (I know Scan Bran is a bit controversial :giggle:) I also fancy making the Weetabix cake. Also found some veggie geletine so following a recipe I found, I am going to make some sweets with no added sugar squash. Hope they turn out nice!

Well, best get back to work. Currently munching on a melon and pineapple fruit salad :drool:

Speak soon! Bubye :wavey:

Oh, I forgot to say!! I'm lamely excited about the chocolate oat milk I bought yesterday. Once my rice milk has gone I'm going to try it in porridge and maybe weetabix as my hexa. Can't wait :drool: (my life is obvi super thrilling haha)

:wavey:

Haha, just looking at the 'weight loss equivalents' page and it made me laugh to see that I have lost the weight of an average Koala (+ 2lbs extra). Can't say I can really relate to that as I've never held a Koala! But still fun to know :D
And I'm 2lbs shy of losing the weight of the average vacuum cleaner apparently!

In total I am probably aiming to lose 2lbs shy of a newborn calf! :giggle: But I'm just going to see how I feel when I start getting close to that as I might decide I'm happier a little heavier than that. For me, it's never really been about weight but more how I feel about my body and the way clothes look on me. So as much as I would love to be within the healthy weight range for my height, I'll stop whenever I am happy! :)

Anyway, my lovely consultant sent me one of her many, MUCH appreciated motivational texts today and it was a very nice little poem. But I really loved this line: "It's a bit of a dreary and dismal day, but don't let this wind blow your dreams away!"

13/05/12.

Feeling pretty chuffed with myself - yesterday we went into town to get a few bits but ended up staying a couple more hours than intended and I was starving. Surrounded by Subway, M&S, cafés and a stand with the YUMMIEST smelling hot donuts I was more than tempted to just indulge! But I held on until we got home and made some nice lunch and then used 4 syns for some Rainbow Drops I got in the 99p store - yum! I'm so pleased I didn't give in to temptation! It was NOT easy but defo worth it. Let's hope my hard work this week shows on the scales at Tuesday's WI - after staying the same last week I could do with a boost!

Anyway, off to have some breaky. Tried porridge with chocolate oat milk yesterday and it was SO lovely (and some melon on the side). Might try the choccie oat milk cold on Weetabix today... needless to say I'm a big fan of it now! :D

13/05/12.

Oh wow - I'm totally in LOVE with chocolate oat milk cold on Weetabix :heartpump: I like it so the Weetabix JUST soaks up the milk so it's soft but not super soggy. It's so yum.

I've been having a bit of a extra hungry day today but I haven't gone over my syns! :party0011: I went to the fridge about half an hour ago and was SO tempted to have a mini Malteser bunny (3 syns) but I quickly grabbed an apple before I could think about it too much! Phew.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to another day off tomorrow and might attempt my first SW cake!

Nunight :zz:

Back