Diary of.... a flutterby!.... WI 1

nettie

Gold Member
Well.... I've been looking around the site and it's already made me determined to start my journey and turn myself from a big fat caterpillar to a lovely little flutterby!
I'll try not to bore you all with my ramblings and wittering but would be very grateful if you could call in from time to time to give me a kick up the bum that I'm sure I'll need along the way.
The main reason for starting this journey is for my children... having a 5 year old at school and a 2.5 year old I need to do it for them as to give them a mummy to be proud of.
The second reason is for me... I don't want to be fat for the rest of my life! I want to enjoy clothes shopping instead of dreading an event where I need to buy a new outfit and suffer in the changing rooms of New Look whilst feeling fatter than ever.
The third reason is my relationship... I want my OH to have a GF he can be proud of... he says he is but hey if I had a GF like me I sure wouldn't be proud!

So I'll be here most days with a bit of my story to tell and I'll be attending my first class on Thursday night!

Thanks all for reading... f you have got to this point and I haven't bored you already x

Last edited:
I'm feeling very nervous today.... its nearly thursday!!!
I am rearing to go and even noticed my eating habits have changed just over the last few days... sounds silly but I went to Maccy D's yesterday whilst out shopping and I really didn't want anything... and that is a big shock to my own system! lol
I bought some ww carrot cake slices and oh my they were delicious! i thought they would be dry and awful but they were really nice and 1 slice was enough as I found the topping quite sweet and sickly.
So no matter how nervous I get I'm going to force myself to get in there and get rid of this horrendous chub!

good luck with today nettie :) x

well I've done it! I've been to the group!
the group is quite small, the leader is lovely but no one else spoke to me and it was clear that there were 3 'groups' of people but it was ok. the leader explained everything to me and it seems quite clear but will sit down tomorrow after work and plan the rest of the week. im already nervous for weigh in next week, just hope i can do this! x

well I've done it! I've been to the group!
the group is quite small, the leader is lovely but no one else spoke to me and it was clear that there were 3 'groups' of people but it was ok. the leader explained everything to me and it seems quite clear but will sit down tomorrow after work and plan the rest of the week. im already nervous for weigh in next week, just hope i can do this! x

Take my word for it, if you follow it correctly you will loose.

You have probably had it drilled in to you but track, track, track. My trick is if I am out the house and don't have my tracker with me I put the points down on my phone and fill it in when I get back. This is priceless for me as I can have a memory like a goldfish!

Planning it out is also good. I know how many points I want to use for breakfast, lunch, evening meal, supper and snacks and think about these every Sunday before I pop to Tesco for stuff for the week.

Good luck, and if you do follow it correctly I'm sure you will be fine :)

Good luck with your weightloss Nettie xx

well first day has gone well... the only thing ive found hard is eating 3 meals to use all my points. i never really eat breakfast, only have lunch if im not busy at work so tea is the only meal i definatly have each day. so today:
2 slices of ww toast with a bit of low fat spread (3)
3 ryvita sesame seeds things with cottage cheese and raw carrot sticks (3.5)
a bag of snack a jacks (2)
chicken with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, onion and celery (3... i think)
packet of mini chedders (3)

if i have pointed wrong pllllleeeaasseee tell me, ive used the points counter from my booklet alot today so just hope ive done ok
thanks for reading x

Hey Nettie,

Thought I'd pop in as you took the time to read through my diary. Sounds like you're going good, not 100% about points so don't rely on me on that front but I'm sure someone more knowledgable will come along and point it out if you slipped up! WW is pretty easy as long as you follow it you will get there...

Hope you're ok...

thanks sarah :)

Hello nettie, well done for taking that first step on Thursday and going to the meeting, just take it one day at a time and before you know it the week will be up and you will have a good result at wi x

well today is day 2 and i havent eaten yet, just getting the kids ready then off to get a part for our car, im working 2-4 so will try to get something in between and a bit of something whilst im working. it's not proper work today, just showing some people round the building and having a chat about what we do, its an open day for people who are thinking of applying for a job we have advertised. easy few hours!
on the way to get the car part im going to plan what were having for dinner/tea and hopefully try a ww recipe... any suggestion of a nice one would be great please?
thanks for the encouragment and support, its sooooo very much appreciated. have a good day everyone, catch up later xx

arrgghhh im getting frustrated! how on earth do i eat enough food to come to 24 points!? im finding it hard today.... not following the plan... just eating all those points! im sat eating some crisps to boost up my points surely im doing something wrong!??
ive still got 10 points left and 5 from yesterday. any help or advice would be realllly appreciated right now from all you lovely ladies and gents xx

can't really help I'm afraid as could eat double my points in a day no problem.

Maybe substitue low fat stuff for everyday ones to boost the points but not the quantity if you are struggling.

arrgghhh im getting frustrated! how on earth do i eat enough food to come to 24 points!? im finding it hard today.... not following the plan... just eating all those points! im sat eating some crisps to boost up my points surely im doing something wrong!??
ive still got 10 points left and 5 from yesterday. any help or advice would be realllly appreciated right now from all you lovely ladies and gents xx

Whatever you are eating write it down here too for the next couple of days so we can see what you are doing and could maybe help :)

Hi Nettie

You need to eat your points or at least only 4 points under for WW to work. It sounds strange but its true. As puggso says its very important to get it planned out and written down especially at the beginning. I know when you're busy it can be a right pain but just think of it as a necessary evil until it comes as secomd nature to you. Breakfast is also difficult if you don't normally have it but it is another thing that is an essential part of kick starting your metabolism for the day.

Good luck I'm sure you'll do just great

M

yesterday i had:
2 eggs scrambled (3)
mini chedders (3)
i made the sausage casserole out of the free mag we get at the group and i didnt like it so i only ate about 2 mouthfuls... had some toast instead and a packet of ww crisps so that was (4)
a ww toffee yoghurt (0.5)
milk allowance (2)
another packet of ww crisp things (1)
ww rasberry and chocolate biscuits with a cuppa tea (1.5)
and that was it! im doing so bad!
i havent eaten yet today but ive had a cup of tea, my little girl is ill so shes been cuddled up with me and i had to get my little boy ready for his dads. were going to my dads soon so im going to make some bacon, egg, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms to try and use some points up and were having potatoes, veg and i dunno maybe pie or something for tea to get my points up. why am i finding it so damn hard when everyone here seems to be doing so well???? aarggghhhh

thanks for your support guys x

just remembered i had a large banana too

give it a week Nettie and you'll be wishing you had a few more points! xxx

wow Nettie, I wish I felt like that about my points. I struggle to keep within them lol

yesterday i had:
2 eggs scrambled (3)
mini chedders (3)
i made the sausage casserole out of the free mag we get at the group and i didnt like it so i only ate about 2 mouthfuls... had some toast instead and a packet of ww crisps so that was (4)
a ww toffee yoghurt (0.5)
milk allowance (2)
another packet of ww crisp things (1)
ww rasberry and chocolate biscuits with a cuppa tea (1.5)
and that was it! im doing so bad!
i havent eaten yet today but ive had a cup of tea, my little girl is ill so shes been cuddled up with me and i had to get my little boy ready for his dads. were going to my dads soon so im going to make some bacon, egg, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms to try and use some points up and were having potatoes, veg and i dunno maybe pie or something for tea to get my points up. why am i finding it so damn hard when everyone here seems to be doing so well???? aarggghhhh

thanks for your support guys x

just remembered i had a large banana
too

...but why did you just remember? Wasn't it written down?

That is why I labour the whole 'track' thing (I know I must sound like a leader or something but it works) to others. If you don't have the tracker with you - ie I never take mine out the house - put what you have had in a note on your mobile, or if your phone doesn't have that then do it as a saved unsent text.

A large banana will be 1.5 points too.

Back