Diary of.... a flutterby!.... WI 1

Just say no, it is as simple as that. Don't need to explain you are going to WW, just you are watching what you eat. Thank them for the offer but pass.

It isn't rude if you explain why.

Hi Nettie,
I understand it isn't always easy to "just say no" & also you may not want all and sundry knowing that you are following WW or indeed on a losing plan -its very kind of your neighbours to bring you things, they may well be offended if you say no due to their culture. Sure the rest of your family will tuck in happily.
Have a great weekend x

Hi Nettie,
I understand it isn't always easy to "just say no" & also you may not want all and sundry knowing that you are following WW or indeed on a losing plan -its very kind of your neighbours to bring you things, they may well be offended if you say no due to their culture. Sure the rest of your family will tuck in happily.
Have a great weekend x

I am not saying don't take the food for the family or that. But if people are giving you food then put pressure on you to eat it while you are following a diet then you have to be firm.

My example is in work I have been training for the last couple of weeks. Every day we have been training the company has bought us lunch from either Marks and Spencers or Pret A Manger. This has consisted of lovely looking sandwiches, crisps, chocolate, meats...the works. Another 2 in my team go to WW (but they don't know I go) and happily munched through the stuff provided. I - really wanting to continue losing - said I have my own lunch with me and will have that instead.

They actually commended me on my willpower and how they could never do what I do.

At the end of the day, it is down to how much you want to achieve the targets you set. If someone knows you are eating healthily (I have never said I go to WW in work, they just know I am strict on what goes in my mouth) then they should respect that decision.

I agree - sometimes though - and several people on here would agree - it is not always easy to be 100% for 100% of the time. Some people can do this and be totally focused all the time and some people (alot actually) cant as life gets in the way & we are human after all. The important thing is building the not so good days in to see the overall long term picture whilst having a life also.

I agree - sometimes though - and several people on here would agree - it is not always easy to be 100% for 100% of the time. Some people can do this and be totally focused all the time and some people (alot actually) cant as life gets in the way & we are human after all. The important thing is building the not so good days in to see the overall long term picture whilst having a life also.

I totally agree with you. We have enough hard times trying to battle against ourself...but when other people start entering the fold it becomes 10 times more difficult. That's why I go for the 'let them know straight away so they understand' route.

Then it's just me I have to worry about :rolleyes:

Back