Diary of a mum of one :)

robyn21

Well hello there! This is my second post on this lovely forum, and my my, it does seem nice in here!

I wasn't going to make an account, but reading some of the posts spurred me on to take my weight loss seriously and do things properly! Fingers crossed I can stick to it this time ;)

This is technically my 1st day doing the Slim and Save diet, although I did try to start last monday. However, by mid afternoon last week I was feeling seriously ill, and very very faint. Worried by the fact diabetes runs in my family, my partner made me something to eat and I felt better straight away. I can only guess I had a blood sugar dip, and will be much more careful this time around. I will make sure to eat more regularly and keep a close eye on my health.

So, a little bit about me! I just turned 21, and have got to the heaviest weight I have ever been. Partly due to sitting around the house all day not doing much!

When I was pregnant with my baby girl, I managed to lose almost 2 stone. I had no appetite and very bad sickness. As a result, I was about 12 stone when she was born. I felt great! Hadn't been that weight in a long time! I normally hover at around 13st. But once she was born, being stuck in the house, and the return of my appetite meant I piled on the weight. Plus not really having time for proper meals, so grabbing a sandwich, crisps or biscuits helped me pile on the pounds too.

I tried celebrity slim (having previously lost quite a bit on that diet) but got very sick of the cold shakes every day! My mum introduced me to slim and save (she might even be on here...Hi mum!) so I got myself a few.

I'm off to go and measure myself now, and take a before picture. I'm excited, and nervous too. I've never tried to lose so much weight before, but I would like to get down to 10 stone by the time I'm 22. Last time I was that weight I was about 14 yrs old :eek:

I'm worried I won't get past the 12 stone mark (always had difficulty with that number!) but anything past that is brand new territory!
I have a pair of jeans and a jacket that I've always yearned to fit (given to me) and I've never imagined being small enough to fit them, so if I manage that I'll be so so so so happy!
Wish me luck eh ;)

So my measurements on day 1 are:

Calf: 18 inch
Thigh: 27 inch
Belly (have a huuuuge belly): 47 inch
Bust: 42 1/2 inch
Upper arm: 14 inch.

Look forward to seeing if these change!

hi and welcome
you will spend lots of time on here reading diaries ,i love this site , you get loads of support and make loads of new friends who are going through the same thing .
good luck on your journey
i like the fact that your eating hot meals and veg/milk allowence, makes it normal and you dont feel like your on a diet

good luck keep posting

hi and welcome
you will spend lots of time on here reading diaries ,i love this site , you get loads of support and make loads of new friends who are going through the same thing .
good luck on your journey
i like the fact that your eating hot meals and veg/milk allowence, makes it normal and you dont feel like your on a diet

good luck keep posting

Thank you!

Yes you are right, the hot meals really make a difference! the changes in texture and taste fool your brain into thinking you are being naughty.

So far today I had:

Chilli for breakfast (Not keen on the porridge last time :/ )
Cottage pie for lunch: LOVE IT. Absolutely GORGEOUS, no idea why I loved it so much but I need to get more!

NOTHING else! I can't believe it! Been spending ages on here looking at before and after pics, and thinking how badly I want to be a skinny person. NEVER been properly slim, without feeling my belly wobble, or my thighs rubbing, or my big chin getting in the way. I just can't wait to feel small!

also, my baby started crawling today :') So it's been a great day :) Will be having some tuna steak and veggies for my tea mmmmm

I like the cottage pie too! A few people weren't keen on it but I really like it, especially with some additional allowable veg mixed in . NOM NOM NOM

We're got a pretty similar start/restart weight too, and same height, we're like body doubles! so here we go! Hang in there!

I like the cottage pie too! A few people weren't keen on it but I really like it, especially with some additional allowable veg mixed in . NOM NOM NOM

We're got a pretty similar start/restart weight too, and same height, we're like body doubles! so here we go! Hang in there!

Wahey :D Brilliant! And wow the cottage pie with veg sounds good! I've got my other half bringing me home broccoli (I love broccoli) so I think tomorrow will stick some of my allowance in :D
Might get him to take some before pics too :/ Scary!!

Came over all light headed, so grabbed a packet quick so I don't end up feeling faint like last week. So Thats a spicy spaghetti to add to my list. Still doing good, I had planned to go for the 4 packets a day plan, but I need real food now lol and that tuna steak looked tooo good and the perfect weight!! So gonna steam or boil my allowable veg for today, have some with my tuna plus keep some for nibbles tonight. Nights are the WORST for me, both me and OH are munchy monsters and there is a shop mere feet away from our house. So chocolate is ridiculously close!

I'm so determined now, I had a bit of a eureka moment earlier. I kept thinking 'Man, if i'd just kept at my post-birth weight I would have even less to lose now...' so then I thought What more motivation do I need to diet NOW? Instead of putting it off? This weight has to go some time and if I keep putting off my diet then I'm just making it harder for myself when I eventually do have to diet. What if I get to 16 stone and think 'damn I should have dieted at 14, would make it easier'. So this is my moment! NOW!

We can do it lexie ;) We will be skinny minnies!!

Well, just had my tuna and veggie allowance. I'm pretty worried now, as I feel the munchies setting in.... and it's a monday night! OH goes out on mondays so I normally chill out with the TV and a ridiculous amount of snacks.

Might make up a big mug of hot water and sip it. If all fails, I'll go for an early night and hope I can sleep through the munchies.

This is just a moment in time!! I can get past this and eat normally once I'm at my goal, all I need is patience. It'll all be worth it in the end.

Good luck with it hun, I love the variety of this plan

You will be in those smaller clothes in no time :) Xx

Hope you hung in there last night! 1st day is hard for me, day 2 slightly easier and from then on in it's a waiting game until we can weigh in :D

Onwards!

Back