Diary of a PomPom...

Hello ladies..

Pommette it was free on an EE day, on red and green you'd have to work out how many syns for either potatoes or chicken i guess. Everything else is free... enjoy x:D

Off out to a chinese buffet this evening :eek: i've had a sneaky weigh in this morning and i've put 2lb on :eek: i'm going to enjoy the buffet then get back on track from tomorrow!

Been to the supermarket and bought so much fruit it's unbelieveable.. so i'm prepared. Just need to do a meal plan for the week (i think this is where i've just lost it this week)

I apologise for not being a very good diarist and always falling at the first hurdle. I thought keeping a diary would keep me on track a bit but it seems i still struggle..:(

So plan for the week
  • enjoy my chinese
  • meal plan for the week
  • eat lots of fruit
  • drink lots of water
  • get back to losing over a stone
  • stay at least 90% on track this week

I love chinese - can I come :)

Like you say, enjoy the food and get back on plan tomorrow. Don't feel sad. There's gonna be ups and downs on this journey. I know we'd prefer the downs (weight wise) but we have to live this way forever so there's bound to be days when we can't follow the plan for whatever reason.

Planning does help. I usually plan and then change my mind but at least it's usually to something else that's suitable.

I'm on a long slow journey so I'm gonna be around for a long time. You'll soon get sick of me - if you're not already :8855:

You could've come Tilly yeah, lol... But in the end we ended up at the Harvester *insert disappointed face here*

And The Harvester in all their wisdom have put calories on the menu, so u can't even pick what you want to eat without feeling guilty!! I shared the combo thing which was 800 calories and i shared a dessert which was 740!!!!! 740 calories for some icecream and chocolate!!!

I nearly didn't have it... Only nearly..

So the damage is done, i put on 2lb this week (will update my weight later) now i'm getting back on the bus!!

Its a lovely day here, so plan today is to get out and about a bit. then to eat lots of lovely fresh fruit and salads to increase the superfree in my diet!

I have a food diary ready to fill in and now i just have to work out what i'm eating.

Brek - fresh pineapple, yogurt, cup of tea
Lunch - chicken, ham, cheese(HEA), 2 ryvita(HEB), beetroot, salad
Tea - roasted veg, new potatoes(HEB) chicken(2)
snacks - crisps 5.5 popcorn 5

Last edited:
ok so i've meal planned, that's half the battle won.. now to stick to the meal plan and then i'll have won the battle!

M - meatballs and spaghetti
T - gammon, sweet potato wedges, salad
W - Pasta bake with gammon
T - lamb kebabs, pitta, mint yogurt and salad
F - pitta pizza, chips
S - chicken biryani
S - fiery turkey burgers and bulgar wheat

Breakfasts are fruit, yogurt and weetabix and lunches will be spaghetti hoops or ryvita and cheesespreads.

Snacks will be fruit and french fries

I've managed my day with 11 syns and still 0.5 HEb left.. i don't think i'll bother with it though.. i'll stay away from the kitchen until i go to bed now!

Today I've had satsumas, apple, pineapple, strawberries, nectarine, melon and roast veg - i think that's enough superfree for the day :clap: although the side effects from the fruit belly aren't pleasant at the moment IYKWIM :rolleyes:

anyway off to catch up on some diaries.. x

Day 2 of back on track...

Going good so far, i've 6 syns and a wine gum so i can't be over on syns yet!

Just a quick question.. Do any of you feel that you eat more than your work colleagues? Obviously i eat more than a skinny person otherwise i wouldn't be bigger than them but i constantly seem to be eating and my work colleagues don't..

For example - today's menu for me

8.30 - cup of tea
9.00 - apple, yogurt, half a weetabix
10.00 - crisps
11.30 - nectarine
12.30 - ham, chicken thigh, small salad, 4 ryvita, 2 cheese triangles
1pm - quarter of a small melon
2pm - satsuma
3pm - cup of tea, satsuma
6ish - dinner - gammon, sweet potato, salad, Sf free jelly

Bloke i sit next too
10.00 cereal
12.30 cheese and crackers, crisps
3pm ish fruit
6ish chicken risotto
Has about 5 hot drinks through the day.

So thats the comparison, my menu fits in to my slimming world plan and its around 1400 calories but i feel like i'm eating far far too much... Please tell me its normal??!!

Last edited:
Hi Pommy - Well done for being back on track. Day 2 no less!

Ref how much you eat. Yes it's a lot more than me. I just have:
Breakfast - I mostly don't have this as I'm not good with them so usually just have 3 cups of tea! If I have anything it's just fruit and yoghurt but maybe only have that 1 day in 10. Yes I know I'm a naughty girl and I'm always being told off for not eating breakfast.
Lunch - Red: sandwich (meat/fish & salad). Green: superspeed soup. Both plus fruit & yoghurt.
Supper - Red: meat/fish, veg & usually a baked spud. Green: pasta or rice or an omelette with lots of veg.

I don't eat between meals - but then again I don't often feel hungry between meals. But I've always been like this. Portion control was my main problem - I can eat as much as you put in front of me!

I drink gallons of water these days - but that is partly due to the fact that I live in a hot climate.

But as you say everything you are having is all on plan. Chat to your con. about it as you might find that as you lose more weight you need to maybe limit it to just 1 snack between each meal.

Good luck

Hi Pommette thanks for your reply.. :D
I tend to graze through the day as I get bored easily at work, I couldn't just have three large meals a day and nothing else, i'd rather have 5-6 small meals(i know today works out at a lot more than that but it was a bit of an extreme example of what i can be like!:eek:).

My usual day is
Breakfast
10.30 break
12.30 lunch
3pm break
6pm tea

I was trying to be a good girl today because I usually don't eat that much fruit/veg, so i was trying to eat my recommended 5-10 portions a day. Now i'm confused...

I work out that todays menu equals, at most, 6 portions of my 5-10-a-day - so how do I have my recommended portions and cut down on the amount of food i'm having??:confused:

I shall ponder this overnight...

Last edited:
Ok so for a while i'm going to list my menu's again.. See if i'm going wrong anywhere!!

Breakfast - apple, yogurt, half a weetabix(2)
Snack - crisps(4), nectarine
Lunch - sweet potato baked with a bit of flora (2?)
Snack - two satsumas
Tea - pasta bake withgammon and cheese (heb x 2, hea) followed by strawberries and Sf jelly
Hea - milk in tea

I make that only 5 portions of fruit/veg so thats only the minimum i've had today... Yet i feel as though i'll have eaten as much as i did yesterday but not so spaced out...

I know that i need to be eating more veg rather than fruit as its lower in sugars but i have none in the cupboards at the minute.

It's like a minefield this healthy eating lark lol...

Day 4 - Still working hard to stay on track

Red Day
Breakfast - usual apple, yogurt and half a weetabix
Snacks - little bag of popcorn(4), some wheat crunchies(bout half bag) (4)
Lunch - ham, small salad, 2 ryvita(HEB), dairylea triangle
Snacks - satsuma, strawberries
Tea - lamb kebabs, pitta (HEB), mint yogurt, salad

HEA - milk in tea
5 portions of fruit/veg

So i'm doing ok but i had a sneaky weigh in and it's not looking like i've lost anything :( although it is * week and i feel all bloaty and horrid.. fingers crossed for Sunday!

Yesterday I stuck to plan and tried to control how much i ate through the day instead of grazing all day long, but by 4pm my stomach was actually growling at me so I did have to have a ryvita just to calm it down..

By the time we actually sat down to tea it was 6.30-7.00 and I was really hungry.. i had two half bowls of pasta bake :eek: so although not off plan i think maybe i ate too much last night(maybe thats contributing to the bloatedness!)

I'm going to be taking my measurements this weekend, i know a lot of people say they can see these going down if the scales are sometimes stuck so i'll do this to help motivate me a little bit more..

Just feeling a bit like whats the point at the moment, sorry...

I'll come read some diaries...:D

The other day when you listed what you'd eaten compared to your colleague - I don't think you're eating too much. Most of the stuff your eating for snacks is superfree.

I don't know if you've read the food diaries thread but Shrimpys are good and she never stops eating - check it out.

I suppose it's finding what works for our bodies cos everyone will be different.

Rice and pasta always affect my weightloss. I try not to have them near weigh day in the hope that they've shifted before I step on the scales.

Your foods sounding good and you seem to be doing really well. Ignore the scales and just carry on as you are :)

Thanks Tilly... i just feel like i'm eating all day and can't stop lol

will go and read some food diaries, i just usually read the weight loss ones and the recipes thread! Reading recipes all the time doesn't help me because i just want to make and eat the food!!:banghead:

i've stuck to plan so fingers crossed.. x

mmmm

Pommy you dont fancy coming to cook for me do you? :D just looking at your diary is making me hungry!! well done on the weight loss! i keep thinking im doing well, (selective amnesia i think) then "treat" myself, wi and havent lost anything :ashamed0005:
oh well onwards and upwards! keep up with the good work!

Back