Diary of a PomPom...

Hi Pommy from Pommette - also thought I'd catch up on your diary.
ahhh and there i was about to invite you all :D

so rude...:rotflmao:
You should have copied me and married your own personal chef! I'm not a bad cook but hubby has to stand over me and tell me WHEN to do things otherwise as I also get easily distracted and also get a lot of briquettes for the BBQ! :D

15lb lost in total - 1 stone 1lb

How did that happen?

So i'm 3lb down from last week..

The weird thing is, I feel bigger than ever this morning.. must be just the bloating from the bread i ate yesterday..
Well done - don't worry about the time difference. 3 lbs is 3 lbs and that's fantastic!!
I've been playing around with some numbers and i've just realised that reaching my club 10 is actually a loss of 20lbs! Thats' huge if you think of it those terms.
I know how you feel! When I set off on this SW lark (almost 5 years ago!!!) my club 10 target was 23 lbs and it seemed sooooo far away. But once you get there boy does it feel good - and you've already done 15 of pesky rascals so only 5 to go.

Re going for tea with dad, now if this is grandmothers and eggs tell me bu**er off, but how about taking stuff with you instead of having biscuits? Fruit is free - but not so good with tea. There's this fantastic SW Fruit roulade that skinnydawn made that is virtually syn free and I'm sure your dad would love it. Link here
SW Fruit Roulade

Keep it up hun, break things down into smaller targets, that's how I keep on track, and only 5 lbs to go to Club 10 - Yippee.

Hello peeps:(

Sorry i've been absent but i've had a nasty, nasty migraine :( couldn't move from my bed on Sunday/Monday and yesterday the only moving i did was to move my hand to my mouth :break_diet:needless to say it wasn't with healthy stuff...

So am feeling a bit better today... trying to be as on track as I can.. so far so good!!

Thanks for stopping by Pommette.. you've done fabulously!! Thanks for the advice etc..

To be honest i think i've gone backwards this week :eek: i haven't planned any meals and been snacking constantly because i've been confined to the house. But who cares cos i've still decided i'm not giving up... this is just one week in my journey and if i've messed up then i've messed up, it will only affect me for one week.. and one week is a itty bitty speck on the grand scale of time!!:D

I think i'm going to be on a scenic journey anyway so i'm going to go up and down quite a bit.. i may be here for some time! :8855:

My next challenge is to get to under 13 stone.. now that is one of my biggest stumbling blocks. I have gone up and down over the years but only once got under that magic number! It's like a mental block.. anyone else have a certain number like that?

So i'm 2.5lbs away from it as of last weeks weigh in, probably a LOT further away from it by now, but i think i'll set myself the target of getting under it by the end of July. I might go and find a July challenge to join... :eek:

But who cares cos i've still decided i'm not giving up... this is just one week in my journey and if i've messed up then i've messed up, it will only affect me for one week.. and one week is a itty bitty speck on the grand scale of time!!:D
That is actually a great attitude! As you say, in the grand scheme of things it is a mere moment in time. Have a break BUT the tricky thing is always getting back on track!

I think i'm going to be on a scenic journey anyway so i'm going to go up and down quite a bit.. i may be here for some time! :8855:
Me too - I've taking the scenic route for 4+ years

My next challenge is to get to under 13 stone.. now that is one of my biggest stumbling blocks. I have gone up and down over the years but only once got under that magic number! It's like a mental block.. anyone else have a certain number like that?
I stumble at every "stone" barrier. I get stuck for a couple of weeks. But having said that I got through the 13 barrier without too many problems - but since then (4 weeks ago) have lost a single solitary pound!

Have you thought about joining the Really Slow Loss Team ? Nice bunch of people who all lose at a S L O W speed. I'm one of them at about a pound a week normally!

Thanks for the link i'll have a go looksee in a little while..

I could really do with a "really slow loss and usually put on weight team even though i'm kinda trying but not really team" though :D

I'm making a lovely dinner tonight i have decided.. its the lemon and garlic chicken bake from one of the magazines. It's been one of those recipes that I've been meaning to do for ages but just don't get round to! I will do it, I will!

I'll let you know how much of it gets burnt later :8855:

Hi Ginlin.. i'll let you know how it goes:D

It's part of a dinner party menu (ish) so i have to make it look at least presentable and not burnt so i'll try my bestest! I'm following it up with a White Chocolate and Orange pot... now i'm adapting a recipe that I have so it may go very wrong or it may go nicely.. i shall let you know in due course!:cool:

I'll take some photos if i remember but i won't be able to post them on here until i get 50 posts.. i'm hoping everything will turn out loverly.. :eating:

Just been catching up on your diary. So sorry to hear you've been poorly ((hugs)) but you have the right attitude getting back on track :) Migraines are horrid.

The lemon garlic chicken sounds yummy. I keep looking for lemon chicken recipes to try but they all tend to have ginger in which I don't like :(

... The lemon garlic chicken sounds yummy. I keep looking for lemon chicken recipes to try but they all tend to have ginger in which I don't like :(
I don't know if this is the same recipe, but it's on the SW site and looks really nice. Like you my hubby hates ginger. Not tried it yet though
Chicken, lemon and garlic casserole just click on the link

Well dinner was a success - hurrah!!

Ginlin - I recommend the Lemon Chicken recipe however I would add more of the lemon/garlic dressing as there wasn't much... it was really summery and refreshing and one of those Extra easy meals where you don't feel like you're eating 3rd of a plate full of veg..

I finished the meal off with the White choc and orange pots (they were my usual "disaster in the kitchen" type affairs!! Lets just say it took me two attempts and they still weren't all that:D) although they tasted quite nice.. i know how to tweak the recipe next time to make them nicer..

So i had a successful Slimming World dinner and I think it was only 3-4 syns or something.. :D

I don't know if this is the same recipe, but it's on the SW site and looks really nice. Like you my hubby hates ginger. Not tried it yet though
Chicken, lemon and garlic casserole just click on the link

Thanks Pomette, that looked nice till i got to the tarragon bit:yuk::yuk::yuk:

Might make it but with sage or something a little less potent!

My hubby agrees with you on tarragon so we always leave it out of recipes.

We actually made this tonight for supper and it was really nice. Didn't put any herb in at all to replace the tarragon and it was fine. Ours came out a bit on the runny side - maybe needs to be reduced a bit, but otherwise a really yummy meal (served with a baked spud).

Pommy, any chance you could post the recipe for the chicken bake if it's different from the one on the website? Being in Spain I can't get the SW mag here. I love chicken so any new recipes are always gratefully appreciated.

Tilly.. if you make the pots make sure you let them set before pouring on the glaze.. mine just sank into the custard never to be seen again!!:eek:

Pommette, recipe below

Serves 4
1 butternut squash, chopped
454g new potatoes
454g chantenay carrots (i just used normal)
2 red onions, chopped
2 courgettes, chopped
salt and pepper
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
8 chicken thighs (i used 4 chicken legs)
3 garlic cloves
zest and juice 1 lemon
handful of fresh parsley
1 head of broccoli

• preheat oven - 220'/gas 7
  • put squash, potatoes, carrots, courgettes, red onions in a roasting tin, spray with fry light and drizzle over balsamic vinegar
  • season the chicken thighs and put into the roasting tin with the veg
  • roast for 40 minutes
  • mix the garlic, lemon zest and juice and parsley
  • take the veg and chicken out the oven and drizzle the lemon mixture over
  • roast for another 10 minutes
  • boil broccoli as normal and serve with the chicken and roast veg
i've kind of paraphrased it so let me know if you don't understand any of it !! ;)

Thanks Pommy for the speedy service! All I have to do now is find some butternut squash - not that easy here. Might substitute it with sweet potatoes as thay are easier to get my hands on!

Does it say how many sysn it is on red and green days? I assume it's free on EE?

Back