Diary of a Wannanbe Skinny Mummy & Bride

Well I'm really pleased that I lost 2lbs this week! Taking me to 1 stone 13lbs lost in 11 weeks on slimming world and 3 stone 6lbs lost since I had jack 4 and a half months ago :)

Will update my stats as soon as I can get onto minimins on the computer as for some reason it's not letting me log on!! :(

It's been a good week this week, jack started sitting up all by himself, I'm so proud of him! Got a lovely photo so will post it when I can sign in on the computer. We were at a playgroup and I had him sat in front if me and realised that I wasn't supporting him! He did it for about five minutes straight and then toppled over lol so I think he is copying the other older babies when he sees them doing stuff, as he rolled over for the first time at 3 and a half months when he'd seen a 9 month baby do it a couple of days before! I can't believe how quickly hes growing up, I'm officially past half way through my maternity leave now :( I don't want to go back to work!

I saw all the Christmas stuff in tesco today and got so excited for a minute as I love Christmas and it will be jacks first one. But then a second after I realises that at Christmas I will only have a month of my maternity leave left, so I'm yoyoing between being excited and wanting time to go slow because I love Christmas but don't want to go back to work! :( ah well, I'll just have to make the most of it as it is won't I?

I have a wedding to go to on Friday so going to keep low in the syn throughout the rest of the week so I can have a nice pudding or something while I'm there. I'll be driving so won't be drinking so that's not an issue, but I don't know what the food is going to be yet so I'm going to have to decide once I get there, REALLY want at least that pound off to ge my 2 stone award, so going to try my hardest!!! Xx

Fab weight loss!!!

Cas3 said:
Lovely dress your going look fab, gorgeous pic of Jack! his a clever lil boy for his age, hope his feeling better soon my lo is teething too I've given baby paracetmol and calgel for her gums x

Awe thanks hunny, he's still really snotty bless him :( we're giving him calpol and bonjella or dentiniox for his gums so far and 'touch wood' it's still working for now. Hoping it wont get too much worse, it's not like it every day but I feel so bad for him when he's obviously in pain and I can't take it away from him immediately xx

donnajt said:
Sammy - you look absolutely gorgeous - what shoes are you wearing?

As for Jack - adorable...making me very broody young lady xxx

Aww thanks so much hunny! The shoes I'm wearing were only £10 from primark lol! They actually look like they cost more and are lovely! I wanted to get some in a kind of nude colour to make my legs look longer and they go with the belt too :)

Hehe jack is a cutie pie, every single person who meets him just falls in love with him! He's such a cheeky chappie and has an amazing personality. He sits there cooing and talking to you all day, can get quite loud! He certainly takes after his mummy lol! :) xx

Aww thanks hunny! He's so gorgeous. We're all sick at the moment :( had a family trip to the doctors today, jack has a nasty cold and got a prescription for calpol to help with his teething pain, ben has just got over the cold jack has and is having problems with his asthma so had to get a prescription for new inhalers and I've got an 'angry' throat infection and the beginning of a chest infection so have come away with a prescription for penicillin :( hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and my throat and chest will stop hurting! Xx

Wow that all sounds horrible. Hope you all are feeling better soon!

RawrGirl said:
Wow that all sounds horrible. Hope you all are feeling better soon!

Thanks hunny, my throat is feeling a little better so hopefully the antibiotics are starting to work. I'm shatterd today, ended up having to go to the hospital last night, my mum was rushed in in an ambulance and we were there until half past 2 this morning. NHS direct scared the living daylights out if her telling her they thought she'd had a stroke! Anyway, luckily it wasn't that, it was just a particularly bad attack from her fibromyalgia and stress, so she's home now and I've forced her to rest today. I swear since I've become an adult she's become the child. I want to look after her and make sure she's ok, but it's like she's reverted to being a teenager and hates me telling her what she needs to do for her own good! It can be so frustrating some times :( xx

Thanks hunny, my throat is feeling a little better so hopefully the antibiotics are starting to work. I'm shatterd today, ended up having to go to the hospital last night, my mum was rushed in in an ambulance and we were there until half past 2 this morning. NHS direct scared the living daylights out if her telling her they thought she'd had a stroke! Anyway, luckily it wasn't that, it was just a particularly bad attack from her fibromyalgia and stress, so she's home now and I've forced her to rest today. I swear since I've become an adult she's become the child. I want to look after her and make sure she's ok, but it's like she's reverted to being a teenager and hates me telling her what she needs to do for her own good! It can be so frustrating some times :( xx

Very glad it wasn't a stroke!

Can imagine that would be frustrating. Just don't let it encourage you to turn to food -- RawrGirl tends to handle stress that way, and in the end only feels worse.

Glad your throat feels better!

Thanks hun. Usually I would turn to food but this time I didnt, so maybe I'm getting a handle on my emotional
Eating habits? Guess that's to be confirmed!! Will just see what happens with my mum, hopefully she will listen and start to take it a bit easier, but I think this every time and she just goes back to not listening again. :( xx

Hello hun! Ive just read ur diary, ok well most it of theres so much lol Well done on your losses so far! your doing great! Sorry to hear ur feeling unwell and glad ur mum is ok!!

Ive just started a new diary on the brides to be, its very quite here!! Im taking a step back from dieting, well not all together, ive become alittle obsessed and its doing me no good, was gonna just cal count and exercise, but really fancy trying SW but the extra easy plan, i tried to get my head around the green and red days and just couldnt, would u mind explaining the extra easy to me? heres my diary if u fancy popping in :) Stef xxx

http://www.minimins.com/brides/293132-im-gonna-mini-bride-28-09-2013-a.html

Hi Hun! Thanks for reading my diary :) extra easy is so easy to follow that my only problem with it was that I didn't feel like I was on a diet and so was terrified it wouldn't work! All lean meat and pasta, rice, potatoes etc are free so you can have what you want of them as long as at least a third of your plate is filled with super free food. You only get 1 healthy extra A option and 1 healthy extra B option each day on extra easy, but I don't find that too bad as on red and green days my healthy extras go on meat or potatoes so I don't need them for that on extra easy and can use them for my breakfast instead :)

Wishing you lots of luck on plan, you can do it!

I've got weigh in tomorrow and hoping I can pull off a one pound loss to get my 2 stone award. I was at a wedding Friday and had TWO puddings (toffee apple cheesecake and pecan pie) which were both soooo gorgeous, but really hoping that they don't stop me getting my 2 stone award tomorrow!! If I don't get it then I know I'll get it the week after and it's not the end of the world, but would really like to get there if I could as it's half way to my slimming world target (though I'm probably going to adjust that once I get there). Will check in tomorrow with how I've done!! :) xx

Thankyou :) first day and seems to be going well :D

Good luk for tomorrow! Xxxx

Oh and toffee apple cheesecake ahhh heaven!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well I'm so happy to say I lost 3lbs this week!! No idea how I managed that with how much I ate at the wedding, but I'll take it!! So I got my 2 stone award and shared slimmer of the week!! :) Sooo pleased with that result!! xx

Stayed the same this week for the first time in 13 weeks, but AF came back today for the first time since I got pregnant (14 months ago) so i'm happy with that. Will aim for a great loss next week to make up for it :) Going to do mostly green days this week with one red day tomorrow as that's how I usually get good results, would be amazing if I could get another 'first week' loss of 5lbs to get my 2 and a half stone award! I can only hope! xx

Morning hun! Sorry i missed your post last week, well done on your loss, and well done on your sts! First one since u started wow thats great!

Good luck for the 2 stone award!

Have a lovely dayxx

stef2009 said:
Morning hun! Sorry i missed your post last week, well done on your loss, and well done on your sts! First one since u started wow thats great!

Good luck for the 2 stone award!

Have a lovely dayxx

That's ok hunny no worries! Hope you're ok :) I managed the 2 stone award last week but really hoping for the two and a half stone award next week. Would be a miracle as I'd have to lose at least 5lbs this week, but I've done it before so hoping I can do it again, as some of it should just be water weight to lose due to star week this week xx

Oh yeh sorry I meant 2.5 :)

Can u believe I gained on my first week? It doesn't suprise me lol my body has become a nightmare to lose weight!

I'm ok thanks :) having abit of a trauma at the moment I'm suppose to be flying on friday, had my ear syringed last week as it was blocked with wax by now my ear won't pop so don't think I can fly :(

Xxxx

stef2009 said:
Oh yeh sorry I meant 2.5 :)

Can u believe I gained on my first week? It doesn't suprise me lol my body has become a nightmare to lose weight!

I'm ok thanks :) having abit of a trauma at the moment I'm suppose to be flying on friday, had my ear syringed last week as it was blocked with wax by now my ear won't pop so don't think I can fly :(

Xxxx

Awe I'm sure you'll get a good loss next weigh in hunny, sometimes it can take a couple of weeks to get your head around the plan and for your hard work to show. You'll probably be loving the scales next week :)

Awe sorry to hear about your eat hunny, if it won't pop is there not something you canmaybe do to stop it needing to pop in the first place like sucking boiled sweets or chewing chewing gum during take off and landing? That way it shouldn't need to pop and hopefully won't stop you flying? Hope you work something out hunny xx

Thanks chick I hope so :)

I've tried so many things to pop it and they havnt worked, you would think it will be as simple as the plane will pop it but I think as there's already pressure it can cause damage, but will see what doc says, got lots of sweets chewing gum and ear plugs at the ready :D

We went to Buxton over the weekend and u had to drive up mountains to get there, my ears where slightly popping but still havnt actually popped grrr so frustrating!!

Will let u know what they say :D x

stef2009 said:
Thanks chick I hope so :)

I've tried so many things to pop it and they havnt worked, you would think it will be as simple as the plane will pop it but I think as there's already pressure it can cause damage, but will see what doc says, got lots of sweets chewing gum and ear plugs at the ready :D

We went to Buxton over the weekend and u had to drive up mountains to get there, my ears where slightly popping but still havnt actually popped grrr so frustrating!!

Will let u know what they say :D x

That would be so frustrating, hope they pop soon for you hunny and don't stop you flying! Let me know what doctor says, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you xx

Hi Sammy,love your diary. I can totally relate to what you mean about time. My daughter is
Nearly three weeks old and already I've started thinking "well if I can lose this weight by this date etc etc I'll feel really good about myself....." then I look at the tiny thing and think "I should be treasuring every moment now as they grow so fast" she's my second child and we don't plan any more so these weeks are really precious. Still doesn't stop me huffing when my trousers won't do up though! ;)

Am really impressed with your stamina on slimming world. I love sw, especially green days (don't think I've ever done a red day and extra easy just freaks me out!!) but I always join really enthusiastically then have a good first weigh in, lose half a pound the next week, think "sod it I'm not paying a fiver a week I'll just weigh myself at home" and then, as you can imagine fall completely off the wagon the minute someone waves a crisp packet at me.

I too am breast feeding, trying really hard to establish it as I didn't enjoy it at all with my son and stopped quite soon- which was ok and the right thing for us at the time (he's really big for his age, always has been and never stopped eating- has just turned three but looks about five and a half!) but with dd being my last I want to make sure I give it a really good try and I don't think we're doing too badly. I've been along to the local breast feeding support group and they were great so I think it's fab you're helping with yours.

Having a wedding to plan and look forward to must be such a great incentive. On my wedding day four years ago I was at a really healthy weight for me, by no means skinny, a size 12-14, but I think I looked really good and now use those pics as what I want to slim back to. Don't think I'm a million miles away but until I take bull by horns and weigh myself I won't know!

Anyway, sorry I've hijacked your diary into a ramble about me, just wanted to say I've massively enjoyed reading it and will follow your progress- might even inspire me to give sw another go!

P.S your son is adorable! Congratulations.

hatti said:
Hi Sammy,love your diary. I can totally relate to what you mean about time. My daughter is
Nearly three weeks old and already I've started thinking "well if I can lose this weight by this date etc etc I'll feel really good about myself....." then I look at the tiny thing and think "I should be treasuring every moment now as they grow so fast" she's my second child and we don't plan any more so these weeks are really precious. Still doesn't stop me huffing when my trousers won't do up though! ;)

Am really impressed with your stamina on slimming world. I love sw, especially green days (don't think I've ever done a red day and extra easy just freaks me out!!) but I always join really enthusiastically then have a good first weigh in, lose half a pound the next week, think "sod it I'm not paying a fiver a week I'll just weigh myself at home" and then, as you can imagine fall completely off the wagon the minute someone waves a crisp packet at me.

I too am breast feeding, trying really hard to establish it as I didn't enjoy it at all with my son and stopped quite soon- which was ok and the right thing for us at the time (he's really big for his age, always has been and never stopped eating- has just turned three but looks about five and a half!) but with dd being my last I want to make sure I give it a really good try and I don't think we're doing too badly. I've been along to the local breast feeding support group and they were great so I think it's fab you're helping with yours.

Having a wedding to plan and look forward to must be such a great incentive. On my wedding day four years ago I was at a really healthy weight for me, by no means skinny, a size 12-14, but I think I looked really good and now use those pics as what I want to slim back to. Don't think I'm a million miles away but until I take bull by horns and weigh myself I won't know!

Anyway, sorry I've hijacked your diary into a ramble about me, just wanted to say I've massively enjoyed reading it and will follow your progress- might even inspire me to give sw another go!

P.S your son is adorable! Congratulations.

Aww congratulations on the birth of your daughter hunny! You're right, we need to treasure these early moments with them, jack turned 5 months today and I just can't believe how fast it's going! He's got such a cheeky personality and he learns something new every day, it's amazing!

Good job on sticking at the breastfeeding hunny, you're doing great. No matter how long you're able to breastfeed for you've given your little one the best gift by doing it even for one day, and every day on top of that is a bonus :) I'm lucky enough that I'm still breastfeeding jack now and I'm hoping to continue to give him breastmilk until he is one and can then transition straight on to cows milk. I haven't started weaning him yet, he doesn't sem hungry enough yet as my milk is still satisfying him, but I know I only have a month left before I have to at least start him on some solids. I've bought some butternut squash, carrots and sweede so I'm going to cook them
Up and freeze portions ready for when we start him in them so they're done.

In the past I've always ended up falling off the wagon eventually, never lasted this long before, but I really feel like my head is in a different place now. I'm just determined to lose this weight. I was classed as a high risk pregnancy because my BMI was 37 and the cut off was 35, (even though I had one of the easiest pregnancies and labours possible) and because of that I wasn't allowed to give birth in the birthing centre, I had to go in labour ward, so my fiancé missed the first few hours of jacks life because they wouldn't let him stay with us past visiting time, whereas in the birthing centre we would have had outlr own room and he could have stayed over with us, so I'm determined that as well as looking amazing in a fab wedding dress next year, I will be a healthy BMI when I next get pregnant so we can havethe baby in the birthing centre and then ben can stay with us after if needs be and not miss anything :) at the rate jack is developing and rolling about the faster I can loserhe weight the better as I'm
Going to be needing to chase him all over the place soon!!

If I can inspire you to give SW another go that would be great... If you're breastfeeding you get to have 4 healthy extra A's and 4 healthy extra B's each day on green! I found it hard to fit them
In at first and felt like I was always eating, but I'm getting better at fitting them
In now. They'll go down once I start weaning jack, but this is the best time for you to start if you're going to. I'd recommend you wait until your little bubba is at least 8 weeks old and your milk supply is fully established and then you should be ok to start a healthy lifestyle plan like SW, I started at 8 weeks after jack was born and now 13 week later im 2 stone 2lbs lighter because of slimming world! 3 stone 9lbs lighter in total since I had jack :) which is approximately 3 jacks! I'm getting him weighed tomorrow so I'll know, but I love using him as a comparison to how much I've lost, especially when I know how heavy just one of him is lol!

Anyway, good luck in your journey hun whatever you decide to do and thank you for following my diary :) xx

Back