ProPoints Diary of a WW virgin

Hazykay said:
Lots of snacks to keep you going through the day :)
I love the sound of the meatballs & toyed with them for Saturday. I have my little fellas friend coming over on Saturday & thought of meatballs or steak pie. Decided on the steak pie as kids love anything with pastry!
Please take a photo & make me regret my decision lol. Then again, I could always change my mind.......
xx

We have pie on Monday. Stacie Stewart's leftover pie - I'm going to adapt it for a light version with light cream and light pastry. I will try and remember a picture. I forgot today as I was so hungry. Fancied the meatballs although I will do mg sauce without the wine but they look delicious :)

mrsgosling3 said:
We have pie on Monday. Stacie Stewart's leftover pie - I'm going to adapt it for a light version with light cream and light pastry. I will try and remember a picture. I forgot today as I was so hungry. Fancied the meatballs although I will do mg sauce without the wine but they look delicious :)

Ooh, sounds lovely, not had pie in AGES!! You've put me in the mood now lol

We love pie in this house! I am going I be a busy bee at the weekend with all the baking I have planned. Also hoping to make banana bread and lemon drizzle muffins. Do you think I can freeze banana bread down? I'm planning next weeks dinners already and thinking toad in the hole is going to have to make an appearance one day as haven't had that in ages. Can tell its get colder I want comfort food - oh and I will be making more leek and potato soup as that was delicious.

mrsgosling3 said:
We love pie in this house! I am going I be a busy bee at the weekend with all the baking I have planned. Also hoping to make banana bread and lemon drizzle muffins. Do you think I can freeze banana bread down? I'm planning next weeks dinners already and thinking toad in the hole is going to have to make an appearance one day as haven't had that in ages. Can tell its get colder I want comfort food - oh and I will be making more leek and potato soup as that was delicious.

Sounds like you're going to be really busy! I batch cook quite often, it saves time in the long run. I have a banana load in the freezer right now funnily enough. I make chicken curry & casseroles for the freezer too. I know you don't feel comfy reheating chicken but honestly, it's fine.
Me & the wee fella are away to Blackpool on Tuesday & believe it or not, Hubby is at home that week. Sods law isn't it? Anyway, I have soup, casserole, sausage & onion gravy & mince all in containers in the freezer for him. He just needs to take one out the night before & reheat when he comes in from work. It saves so much time!!
Like you, I'm looking for comfort food too, this is not the weather for salads!!
Let me know how it goes, sounds good xx

Hazykay said:
Sounds like you're going to be really busy! I batch cook quite often, it saves time in the long run. I have a banana load in the freezer right now funnily enough. I make chicken curry & casseroles for the freezer too. I know you don't feel comfy reheating chicken but honestly, it's fine.
Me & the wee fella are away to Blackpool on Tuesday & believe it or not, Hubby is at home that week. Sods law isn't it? Anyway, I have soup, casserole, sausage & onion gravy & mince all in containers in the freezer for him. He just needs to take one out the night before & reheat when he comes in from work. It saves so much time!!
Like you, I'm looking for comfort food too, this is not the weather for salads!!
Let me know how it goes, sounds good xx

I was just thinking if I made a banana loaf and froze it in portions I could just get a slice out when I wanted one as otherwise I eat the whole thing so it's good to know I can. I have just hit a new freezer so planning to fill it with ready made meals to save me time and also some for lunches as its getting too cold for salad now.

mrsgosling3 said:
I was just thinking if I made a banana loaf and froze it in portions I could just get a slice out when I wanted one as otherwise I eat the whole thing so it's good to know I can. I have just hit a new freezer so planning to fill it with ready made meals to save me time and also some for lunches as its getting too cold for salad now.

Good idea. I froze the whole thing & that way everyone has it. It doesn't bother me that the rest of the family can eat what they like but it bothers Hubby!! If we all eat the same it's easier for me. I suppose it's down to preference xx

Hazykay said:
Good idea. I froze the whole thing & that way everyone has it. It doesn't bother me that the rest of the family can eat what they like but it bothers Hubby!! If we all eat the same it's easier for me. I suppose it's down to preference xx

Ahhh no one else likes it but me so I'm lucky. My hubby hates the fact he has to eat "slimming" dinners so I inevitably end up cooking 2 or 3 dinners so that's why I'm trying new things so we can all have the same now.

mrsgosling3 said:
Ahhh no one else likes it but me so I'm lucky. My hubby hates the fact he has to eat "slimming" dinners so I inevitably end up cooking 2 or 3 dinners so that's why I'm trying new things so we can all have the same now.

We all eat the same but I give Hubby more meat, potatoes, pasta etc. the only time we eat different things is if I have a salad or couscous, things they're not too keen on so I make them macaroni cheese & that keeps us all happy :)

So hairy dieters meatballs tonight. Lush is all I can say. Well worth the time making and cooking and 3 clean plates. Makes 24 meatballs so 1 portion is 6. I had 8 meatballs so pointed at a portion and half - 8pp with 5pp worth of pasta. Delicious

So rest of day was

B - Weetabix and milk - 5pp
L - ryvitas and cheese triangles with pickled onions
Snacks - sweet pecan bar, chocolate and vanilla biscuit - 4pp

Enough points for a chocolate fudge later (in the bath with my kindle - my idea of heaven)

28/28

Attachments

• image-2561420247.jpg
    image-2561420247.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 59
  • image-3654419591.jpg
    image-3654419591.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 59
  • image-3426746650.jpg
    image-3426746650.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 53
Meatballs look so good! It's great trying new thing and following recipes. You seem to do it a lot. I just bought a book by Paul Hollywood. He is on British bake off. So be expecting lots of bread and pastry pics from me :)

Purpled said:
Meatballs look so good! It's great trying new thing and following recipes. You seem to do it a lot. I just bought a book by Paul Hollywood. He is on British bake off. So be expecting lots of bread and pastry pics from me :)

The meatballs truly were amazing. A friend of mine is baking cakes alongside him at the moment! I will look forward to the pictures.

:)

mrsgosling3 said:
So hairy dieters meatballs tonight. Lush is all I can say. Well worth the time making and cooking and 3 clean plates. Makes 24 meatballs so 1 portion is 6. I had 8 meatballs so pointed at a portion and half - 8pp with 5pp worth of pasta. Delicious

So rest of day was

B - Weetabix and milk - 5pp
L - ryvitas and cheese triangles with pickled onions
Snacks - sweet pecan bar, chocolate and vanilla biscuit - 4pp

Enough points for a chocolate fudge later (in the bath with my kindle - my idea of heaven)

28/28

Oh wow!! These are definitely on my list, looks gorgeous xx

Completely off topic but I just don't know what to do. Recently I found out a very old school friend who was one of my closest friends was going around saying things about me and my hubby. Really angry about it but I let it slide as she was pregnant...anyway haven't spoken to her in months and ignored all contact.

Anyway today I saw her walking with her 2 children and the new baby. I haven't congratulated, sent a card or anything. She said hello and I said hello hope you are ok and walked on - didn't stop to look at the baby, wait for an answer or anything...

Now I have a message saying it was good to see you earlier made me realise its been too long. Hope you are ok and I miss you...

I just don't know what to do. I'm not the sort of person who likes confrontation normally but I am pissed of at what she said - which is a mixture of what I have told her and bullshit - and it insults me and my hubby.

Should I ignore her message, tell her what I heard or just make out everything is ok and go back to ignorance.

She was one of my oldest friends and hurt me beyond belief yet when I heard what she said I wasn't shocked that she had done it as it seems to be her nature but I just don't know if I can be dealing with the fallout from it as it won't stop there...yet part of me fees like I need to deal with it

Everybody's different but me personally, I find it hard to forgive and forget. It would eat away at me & I couldn't do the 2 faced thing of being all sweetness & not mention it. Others say life is too short and it's best to forgive & forget.
It depends what you want out of this. Do you want to get back in touch & build a few bridges or is your life happy enough without her in it?
Hmmm, tough one xx

I think you need to tell her how you feel and explain to her that her actions really hurt you it doesn't need to be an argument and things don't need to get nasty but you can't let someone hurt you and make you feel like that then months later expect you to be able to brush it under the carpet. You will feel better once you get it all out and tell her how it's made you feel and then the ball is in her court. If she can't accept that she was out of order then surely you are better off without a friend like that?
It's always so hard when someone you trust and someone you've known for a long time lets you down but do what's right for you. Hugs xx

Hazykay said:
Everybody's different but me personally, I find it hard to forgive and forget. It would eat away at me & I couldn't do the 2 faced thing of being all sweetness & not mention it. Others say life is too short and it's best to forgive & forget.
It depends what you want out of this. Do you want to get back in touch & build a few bridges or is your life happy enough without her in it?
Hmmm, tough one xx

No happy enough without her in my life that's for sure. Will never forgive or forget just don't know if I want to run the risk of saying something for her to change what I have said to make her look innocent if you get what I mean and make me out to be the bad person and get more crap from mutual friends. Personally I can't be doing with the playground politics in my life. I'm happy with my life the way it is and the few friends I do have are friends but just don't know if I'm being petty and stupid for not just speaking my mind to her.

nessa123 said:
I think you need to tell her how you feel and explain to her that her actions really hurt you it doesn't need to be an argument and things don't need to get nasty but you can't let someone hurt you and make you feel like that then months later expect you to be able to brush it under the carpet. You will feel better once you get it all out and tell her how it's made you feel and then the ball is in her court. If she can't accept that she was out of order then surely you are better off without a friend like that?
It's always so hard when someone you trust and someone you've known for a long time lets you down but do what's right for you. Hugs xx

It would end up being an argument or what I say being twisted and used against me by other people. I don't even know how or why I was dragged into it but I do know that it's annoying me she can be so fake

mrsgosling3 said:
It would end up being an argument or what I say being twisted and used against me by other people. I don't even know how or why I was dragged into it but I do know that it's annoying me she can be so fake

If that's the case, keep yourself to yourself and let it go. If you don't acknowledge the message she will know you're not interested & that should be the end of it, hopefully. xx

Back